Votes: 22 17.9%
  • Bottom of bra strap from front.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Other-please explain.

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarahh.

I've noticed there has been some confusion as to where particular lengths are. Where exactly do you think bsl is?
The bottom of your bra strap from the back?
The top of your bra strap from the back?
The bottom of your bra strap from the front?
I hope this makes sense and everyone knows what I mean
!

BillsBackerz67

it really depends on the torso...I mean you have some ladies here who are 6ft tall and their APL or BSL hair could be WSL or tailbone legnth on someone thats 5'2. Its all relative. But in normal circumstances its where ever your bra strap (provided thats its not ill an fitting bra) sits across your back...

AsTheCurlzTurns

it really depends on the torso...I mean you have some ladies here who are 6ft tall and their APL or BSL hair could be WSL or tailbone legnth on someone thats 5'2. Its all relative. But in normal circumstances its where ever your bra strap (provided thats its not ill an fitting bra) sits across your back...
ITA with this post. But on your poll choices, I've seen your top 3 choices for quite alot of people claim as BSL. So basically, it's safe to say like she said, its wherever your brastrap sits across your back! I honestly don't think it'll be accurate going by the front of the brastrap seeing as lots of women have different "frontal sizes" and your hair wouldn't actually hang straight down in the front as it would in the back(unless you were to actually put the sides of your hair on the side of your brastrap, but I have YET to see this done on here LOL but I could be wrong). The front would be proportionally at a slant, thus not an accurate result, which makes me think is why alot uses the back of the bra for accurate measurements, again, I could be wrong, just an observation on my part.

Neith

I don't go by the bra.

Different bras fall on different places even on the same person. Forget the fact that we all come in different shapes and sizes.

I say BSL is when most of your hair (not just the tip of the "v") is right below where your shoulderblades stop.

anherica

I think the bolded is where alot of confusion comes in. I've seen some pics where the bra clasps on the subject are almost up around their neck. I'm exaggerating a bit, but if your bra isn't fitted properly it doesn't matter where the hair falls. But to avoid confusion, I agree with Neith's explanation.

MonPetite

I don't go by the bra.

Different bras fall on different places even on the same person. Forget the fact that we all come in different shapes and sizes.

I say BSL is when most of your hair (not just the tip of the "v") is right below where your shoulderblades stop.

I have to agree with this. I think BSL is misleading altogether and we should, as a forum whole go with the idea of BSB os BSBL -Below Shoulder Blade Length.

Depending on the bras purpose it will fit the same wearer differently as Neith pointed out. Plus, if the band is 1/2 wide verses 3" that too makes a large difference if one can "claim" a length or not.

And that's assuming the bra is PROPERLY FITTED, which as many of us know...80% of us are not wearing are bras properly.

So, to further beat a dead horse, I'm a fan of BSB or BSBL...which is what I will go by when I get there Summer 09'. :grin:

ajacks

I don't go by the bra.

Hmm.. I like this explanation.

RZILYNT

Their is a standard professional hair growth chart that measures and has the markers of where the hair industry considers BSL is t.o be

With that said. Many ladies have goals and their own personal markers of how they measure. It was previously mentioned that not all Bra straps hit everyone on the same place due to many reasons.

So if a person is measuring from their Bra, then they may consider their personal goal met. May not be the standard based on the hair growth chart but that is why we see so many different hair lengths showing for BSL on the boards.

my 2 cents....LOL

RZ~

sevetlana

I don't go by the bra.

I agree with this. We use body parts to measure the other lengths like SL, APL, WL, HBL etc. Sooo......

Eisani

Their is a standard professional hair growth chart that measures and has the markers of where the hair industry considers BSL is t.o be

With that said. Many ladies have goals and their own personal markers of how they measure. It was previously mentioned that not all Bra straps hit everyone on the same place due to many reasons.

So if a person is measuring from their Bra, then they may consider their personal goal met. May not be the standard based on the hair growth chart but that is why we see so many different hair lengths showing for BSL on the boards.

my 2 cents....LOL

RZ~

I don't go by the bra.

I agree w/both of these because if you look at some pics, some people's bras I would actually consider mid-back, others just past APL. It's different on everyone. I know it's been mentioned before, but it's so interesting how any other length of measure is determined by a body part (NL, APL, MBL, WL, etc) but BSL is measured by lingerie. Just sayin.

i thought bsl was when your hair hits the clasps on back
This is what I thought initially as well.

Aggie

I always thought it was at the top of the bra strap provided that the bra is perfectly fit on the person and not forming a "hill" at the back, but levels well with the floor so to speak.

Eisani

This confirms my thought:

Bra level or BS or midback is about the same point as the widest part of your ribcage and chest area. Those on the LHC forum have use the term mid-back to indicate farther down from BS length but not yet at waist level, but in George Michael's definition, it is all the same.
. .

MJ

The "bottom of the shoulder blades" theory doesn't work for me.

I have a long torso and my brastrap clasp is about 2 inches below the bottom of my shoulder blades!

So brastrap clasp is my BSL.

dlewis

I agree. You should bring back your "This is not bra strap" picture.

winnettag

The "bottom of the shoulder blades" theory doesn't work for me.

I have a long torso and my brastrap clasp is about 2 inches below the bottom of my shoulder blades!

So brastrap clasp is my BSL.

My shoulder blades are above my bra strap as well. :ohwell:

I consider BSL to be met if the hair falls on any part of a well-fitted bra strap in the back.
(So I voted "other")

CHECKMATE!

...i had difficulty answering this question a while back,i think BSL is a poor term to use given differing body types, bras, hair shape, etc...I went with BSB,but now I'm measuring by the 90% instead of the 10% ha! At this this point,I'm just glad I'm at the point in my growth that I can argue this length:yep:...6mth update,stay tuned:look:

Neith

If you have a long torso, then that doesn't change anything imo. It's still when most of your hair is at or a little bit past your shoulderblades.

Like other people pointed out, it shouldn't be defined by lingerie. The position of your shoulderblades doesn't move, but the position/thickness of your bras change daily.

Not trying to discredit him, but I'm not feeling the George Michael link.

Did anyone notice he posted two completely different links for flip length?

a little below shoulder unstraightened
chin-nape length

I don't think that his definitions are the most reliable way to judge length.

His bsl is mid back length to me. This woman's hair is only like 2 inches from waist. IMO she is about 3 inches past bsl already.

Is it ONLY 2 inches from bra strap to waist?

Lastly... I'm not the fashion police, but WTH??? :lachen::lachen::look:

Last edited:

SouthernTease

I think BSL and MBL are the same thing... if your bra is fitting you right it should be in the middle of your back... I don't measure with a bra

dlewis

So Jcoily, I'm at mid back? I though mid back was middle ways between BSL and waist.

That picture looks funny or maybe my breasts hang lower.:perplexed