What's the first conditioner that you use after a relaxer

What is conditioner do you use during the first wash after your relaxer?

• Total voters
Usually after a touchup I will use Nexxus Emergencee and then deep condition with my mixture of Lekair Cholestoral w/Olive Oil

Wow, I haven't been here in a WHILE.
I use a combination of protein and moisture. I've been using it for years and the pple that remember me know this.
Right after relaxing I apply a generous amount of motions silk protein conditioner. That stuff is the best!!!!

I use a moisturizing conditioner, through trial and error I've learned this works best for my hair. More than likely I reach for Keracare Humecto.

Well actually I use both! I use a reconstructor followed by a moisturizing one. But I marked light protein because it is *first*

tryn2growmyhair said:
I have been using Emergencee a week after my relaxers but am now wondering after reading one of the posts saying that you are not supposed to use heavy protein (or was it no protein?). I might switch to AO GPB or a moisturizer.

TIA for your responses.

BTW, Emergencee is a light protein treatment.

It sort of depends on what my hair feels like. This time, I used a moisturizing deep conditioner for the first shampoo four days after my touch-up. In a few days at next wash, I am planning to use Emergencee, because I don't think it needs Aphogee quite yet. The last time I used Aphogee a week after and my touch-up as I read and it worked well. But this time I am planning to use the Emergencee, a light treatment.

After rinsing before neutralizing I use a heavy protein conditioner. After rinsing I use a lighter reconstructor.

Royal Glory said:
BTW, Emergencee is a light protein treatment.

It sort of depends on what my hair feels like. This time, I used a moisturizing deep conditioner for the first shampoo four days after my touch-up. In a few days at next wash, I am planning to use Emergencee, because I don't think it needs Aphogee quite yet. The last time I used Aphogee a week after and my touch-up as I read and it worked well. But this time I am planning to use the Emergencee, a light treatment.

OK, now i'm officially confused! I thought Emergencee was considered a heavy protein and Keraphix the light protein in the Nexxus line? I understood Emergencee to be very similar to Aphohee reconstructor treatment...can someone please clue me in once and for all???? :perplexed

I usually do the following:

Pre-poo with GPB or CPR mixed with a little Roux Porosity Corrector

Wash with Elucence MB

DC with any good moisturizing con (Elucence, Jessicurl Too Shea, etc.)
mixed with some Dabur Anmol coconut oil and Alopecil cinnamon oil

I voted for light protein treatment, at least I think it's light(?) I mix an egg and honey with some DC and leave it on for about an hour.

I voted for a light protein. I pre-poo/deep condition with AO GPB mixed with UBH (with heat cap) for at least an hour. Then I wash and condition with Elucence.:)

I use Porisity Control shampoo & cond. Then in 1 week I deep cond w/ a protein cond, Mirta de Perales Hair Masque.

I use motions neutralizing conditioner right after rinsing out the relaxer for 5-10mins. Then after neutralizing I use aveda damage remedy or silk elements cholesterol for 20-30mins. I sometimes use the ORS Packet too.

The next wash day after a touch-up, I use Keraphix and follow it w/PM Supercharged/Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol plus.

I also voted "light protein" because it comes first ;)

I usually use any moisture DC but I think from now on I'm going to mix a light protein into the mix. I really want to try out the Kerafuse +Hydrafuse mix

Back