deep conditioner after relaxer touch-up

Chromia

After touch-ups I want to use a deep conditioner with protein, but I want one that's also moisturizing so that I won't have to use 2 different conditioners.

Would it be ok to DC with Humectress right after a touch-up, and then use Emergencee or Keraphix 1 week later?

Even though Humectress is moisturizing, Keratin Amino Acids are the 10th ingredient and Ceramide 3 is the 17th ingredient. Would that be enough protein for the day of a touch-up if I use a protein reconstructor 1 week later? :confused:

For my next touch-up I'm going to a salon where they don't have a problem with customers bringing in their own products. I want to bring my own DC, but I want to make sure I'm bringing the right one.

If you have any other suggestions for a DC after a touch-up please let me know. TIA. :)

gymfreak336

elizabeth said:
After touch-ups I want to use a deep conditioner with protein, but I want one that's also moisturizing so that I won't have to use 2 different conditioners.

Would it be ok to DC with Humectress right after a touch-up, and then use Emergencee or Keraphix 1 week later?

Even though Humectress is moisturizing, Keratin Amino Acids are the 10th ingredient and Ceramide 3 is the 17th ingredient. Would that be enough protein for the day of a touch-up if I use a protein reconstructor 1 week later? :confused:

For my next touch-up I'm going to a salon where they don't have a problem with customers bringing in their own products. I want to bring my own DC, but I want to make sure I'm bringing the right one.

If you have any other suggestions for a DC after a touch-up please let me know. TIA. :)
I don't think you should have a problem. Keraphix isn't a "strong" protein and it is kinda moisturizing for me atleast so it would be a perfect treat a week after your relaxer.

sareca

I use hardcore proteins and skip the moisture after relaxing. I use fiberguard or aphogee 2-minute reconstructor immediately after relaxing. Actually I do it twice; once after rinsing (before neutralizing) and again after neutralizing.

HoneyDew

sareca said:
I use hardcore proteins and skip the moisture after relaxing. I use fiberguard or aphogee 2-minute reconstructor immediately after relaxing. Actually I do it twice; once after rinsing (before neutralizing) and again after neutralizing.

This is what I have been using. It seems to do a very good job.

RubyWoo

Aphogee 2 min Keratin Reconstructor is excellent! I use that right after I relax. It leaves my hair strong and soft.

CAPlush

I use Affirm 5n1. It is pretty balanced all around, and it is designed to be used after a relaxer touch up. It has pretty good slip and good protein content. It has a pH of 4.5 so it continues the neutralizing process as well.