What's the first conditioner that you use after a relaxer

What is conditioner do you use during the first wash after your relaxer?

• Total voters

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Usually after a touchup I will use Nexxus Emergencee and then deep condition with my mixture of Lekair Cholestoral w/Olive Oil

NAY007

Wow, I haven't been here in a WHILE.
I use a combination of protein and moisture. I've been using it for years and the pple that remember me know this.
Right after relaxing I apply a generous amount of motions silk protein conditioner. That stuff is the best!!!!

PrettyBrownEyes

I use a moisturizing conditioner, through trial and error I've learned this works best for my hair. More than likely I reach for Keracare Humecto.

MizaniMami

Well actually I use both! I use a reconstructor followed by a moisturizing one. But I marked light protein because it is *first*

Royal Glory

tryn2growmyhair said:
I have been using Emergencee a week after my relaxers but am now wondering after reading one of the posts saying that you are not supposed to use heavy protein (or was it no protein?). I might switch to AO GPB or a moisturizer.

TIA for your responses.

BTW, Emergencee is a light protein treatment.

It sort of depends on what my hair feels like. This time, I used a moisturizing deep conditioner for the first shampoo four days after my touch-up. In a few days at next wash, I am planning to use Emergencee, because I don't think it needs Aphogee quite yet. The last time I used Aphogee a week after and my touch-up as I read and it worked well. But this time I am planning to use the Emergencee, a light treatment.

sareca

After rinsing before neutralizing I use a heavy protein conditioner. After rinsing I use a lighter reconstructor.

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
Royal Glory said:
BTW, Emergencee is a light protein treatment.

It sort of depends on what my hair feels like. This time, I used a moisturizing deep conditioner for the first shampoo four days after my touch-up. In a few days at next wash, I am planning to use Emergencee, because I don't think it needs Aphogee quite yet. The last time I used Aphogee a week after and my touch-up as I read and it worked well. But this time I am planning to use the Emergencee, a light treatment.

OK, now i'm officially confused! I thought Emergencee was considered a heavy protein and Keraphix the light protein in the Nexxus line? I understood Emergencee to be very similar to Aphohee reconstructor treatment...can someone please clue me in once and for all???? :perplexed

Brownie518

I usually do the following:

Pre-poo with GPB or CPR mixed with a little Roux Porosity Corrector

Wash with Elucence MB

DC with any good moisturizing con (Elucence, Jessicurl Too Shea, etc.)
mixed with some Dabur Anmol coconut oil and Alopecil cinnamon oil

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I voted for light protein treatment, at least I think it's light(?) I mix an egg and honey with some DC and leave it on for about an hour.

Lavendar

I voted for a light protein. I pre-poo/deep condition with AO GPB mixed with UBH (with heat cap) for at least an hour. Then I wash and condition with Elucence.:)

tnorenberg

I use Porisity Control shampoo & cond. Then in 1 week I deep cond w/ a protein cond, Mirta de Perales Hair Masque.

gymfreak336

I use motions neutralizing conditioner right after rinsing out the relaxer for 5-10mins. Then after neutralizing I use aveda damage remedy or silk elements cholesterol for 20-30mins. I sometimes use the ORS Packet too.

Artemis

The next wash day after a touch-up, I use Keraphix and follow it w/PM Supercharged/Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol plus.

I also voted "light protein" because it comes first ;)

lamaria211

I usually use any moisture DC but I think from now on I'm going to mix a light protein into the mix. I really want to try out the Kerafuse +Hydrafuse mix