****, what did you just say?

sharifeh

Incredibly rude and hurtful...
:nono:
I don't think I would have the heart to stomach something like that!

mscocoface

Watch him very carefully from now on. Do not let your guard down around him or those he associates with in the office.

KiSseS03

I love how you handled that, :yep: but the nerve of him. :nono:

Your hair is beautiful, one of my inspirations, bump that hater!

PPGbubbles

Man if dude woulda said that to me I would behaved in a real....ummm... STEROTYPICAL way!

glad you went to your superior

Some ppl are soooo bold!

Vonnieluvs08

That's crazy. It's like the old saying- "If you don't have something nice to say. Don't say anything at all."

Love the way your handled it.!

HeavenlySkies

If he said that about your hair I don't even want to know what he would say about mine lol All I know is it would be slice and dice time.

Bubblingbrownshuga

@ the bolded:lachen::rofl:

Yes he was very rude for that, So what did they do/say to him?

My manager is going to speak with his boss about his antics. He told me he's known to make stupid comments and cuss around the workplace. I told my boss that I don't want him fired - he has 2 sons and they shouldn't suffer because their dad's a jerk. I told the guy and my boss that I don't want him saying anything else to me.

brownelovely

My manager is going to speak with his boss about his antics. He told me he's known to make stupid comments and cuss around the workplace. I told my boss that I don't want him fired - he has 2 sons and they shouldn't suffer because their dad's a jerk. I told the guy and my boss that I don't want him saying anything else to me.

Glad you took the high road, can't say I would have honestly :look: but good for you though! He's obviously a jerk.

Bubblingbrownshuga

I, too, applaud your tact. I don't know if I could've kept my composure. I'm dying to hear what the result was of you reporting him. Have you seen him since? Could he even look at you after they spoke to him?

Girl, I gave you the short version. .. I went around the office looking for him. He was shocked that I was offended and he apologized and I told him not to say anything else to me. I haven't seen him since the incident.

LoveLiLi

Girl, I gave you the short version. .. I went around the office looking for him. He was shocked that I was offended and he apologized and I told him not to say anything else to me. I haven't seen him since the incident.

:rolleyes: Doubt it. He was probably shocked that you confronted him.

He's probably used to getting away with rude comments and was caught off guard when you called him out.

LadyPaniolo

You are a good person. A lot of people would want him on the chopping block. The fact that he is known for acting a fool may end up costing him his job anyway, though.

If he does get fired, the other white folks in the office may well blame you anyway, even though you were so magnanimous about his acting up. They stay mad these days.

LadyPaniolo

:rolleyes: Doubt it. He was probably shocked that you confronted him.

He's probably used to getting away with rude comments and was caught off guard when you called him out.

Shocked that you were offended my big round booty. He was shocked that you didn't sit there feeling miserable in silence.

I'd watch my back very very carefully from now on. At least it is documented so that when he tries you again (and he likely will) you have backup that he has it in for you. :nono:

SUPER SWEET

Wowwwwwwww So sorry to hear. That was truely mean to say to a co-worker. You did the right thing by not responding rudely. But trust me he wouldn't have cared if you were fired. In this recession I'm sure he could be replaced with someone happy to work and keep their mouth shut about someone else's hair!

destine2grow

People can be SO ignorant. I like the way you handled it. I don't think I could have handled it that well. I am happy to see that management handled that. Alot of times management tend to look the other way or take their side.

poookie

I will bring the roll of quarters. Someone bring a sock. What time does he leave work? Tell him to meet LHCF behind the building.

LHCF, ASSEMBLE!!!

Adaoba2012

That couldn't have been me....

Cuz I would have socked his @$$ and messed around and lost my job...smh
I commend you.

Last edited:

sqzbly1908

Good for you BBS!!!! Especially how thoughtful of you to think of his family...as my first inclination would be -HE didn't think of his family when he made the comment and second I would have probably said something stooooopid like "Tell your mammy to comb her hair - or your daddy likes it....(lol) like I said ...something stoooopid" lol

I really hope that your manager relayed the gravity of his statements to his manager or whomever as you clearly have a case for harassment and racial discrimination ...it doesn't take much these days!!