****, what did you just say?

Bubblingbrownshuga

Short of it: This white guy who I just met Tuesday walked by while I was training for a new position and said 'comb your hair.' I spoke to my manager about it and it was handled. What's wrong with folk's minds?

Cheekychica

Racism still exists. Just yesterday my white co-worker was asking why black women relax their hair and I was trying to explain that for a long time, many of us were told that our natural hair wasn't professional for the workplace. I thought this feeling was mostly gone but apparently not. This is a prime example of that.

He obviously felt he had the right to say something rude like that you. It's not like you would walk by somebody with funky BO and say "Wash your *ss" so why he thinks it's okay to speak out loud his rude and uninformed thoughts is beyond me.

tailormade84

i bet u spent more time on your hair that morning than he did, so maybe he needs to take his own advice and learn how to keep rude comments to himself....

Sammy214

that was just ignorant as hell to say... now you would have been wrong to turn around and tell him to kiss your black a$$

LostInAdream

Racism still exists. Just yesterday my white co-worker was asking why black women relax their hair and I was trying to explain that for a long time, many of us were told that our natural hair wasn't professional for the workplace. I thought this feeling was mostly gone but apparently not. This is a prime example of that.

He obviously felt he had the right to say something rude like that you. It's not like you would walk by somebody with funky BO and say "Wash your *ss" so why he thinks it's okay to speak out loud his rude and uninformed thoughts is beyond me.

@ the bolded:lachen::rofl:

Yes he was very rude for that, So what did they do/say to him?

ladytee2

I will bring the roll of quarters. Someone bring a sock. What time does he leave work? Tell him to meet LHCF behind the building.

LoveLiLi

I'm so glad you spoke to your manager and didn't let it slide. Who knows what he would have said next. :nono:

makeupgirl

The nerve. But you handle it well. If I haven't learn anything else this week I'm beginning to learn that when comments come at you like that or when something happens that will normally make you go slam off, just say "I'm not impressed" that way you won't give into Satan's plan. I learned this from watching Joyce Meyer this week.

Minnie

Just WOW!!!!.......You deserve an award for being soooo classy and not showing any emotion. You just reported this to your manager. At least it is on record for the next time he feels like making racist comments.

Last edited:

Kellum

Oh hell no!!! What a jerk!! That says a lot of about him and his character. I'm glad you reported him.

nakialovesshoes

I, too, applaud your tact. I don't know if I could've kept my composure. I'm dying to hear what the result was of you reporting him. Have you seen him since? Could he even look at you after they spoke to him?

**Glamourlicious**

Wow...sad but I can believe it. Especially in the environment I work in. I haven't heard anything that bold...but I have heard comments not that far form it....

How did your company handle it?

ctosha

Some people just have no broughtupcy (no manners for those who don't quite get west indian lingo)...lol

Zenobia61

Wow...sad but I can believe it. Especially in the environment I work in. I haven't heard anything that bold...but I have heard comments not that far form it....

How did your company handle it?

BBS, as beautiful as your hair is, this really struck a nerve with me:wallbash:...so I wanna know too......how did management handle it???!!!