Weave Wearers How do you manage...

RegaLady

Am I the only one who wants to try a wig, sew in, weave, whatever, but is afraid of the 'fake' look? Don't get me wrong I have worn them, but I am so afraid of judgments from people. :ohwell: Also what do you do for under the hair?

Also my hair on the sides are thin, one side is actually balding, :nono: so this limits my use of the sew in. Every time I take it out, my sides get thinner. Is there anyone with ideas on how to wear a weave without taking out my sides?

Hey Red,

I have a sew in right now. This was my first sew in weave, and depending on how the take down goes it might be my last. As far as the fake look, I think it depends on the quality of the hair and the skill of the weaver. I was fortunate to have a relative do my hair. She did a very good job and it looks very natural. Sorry no picks.:look: She did leave my edges out which I appreciated. So I don't really expect too much damage around the edges. I don't really care what other people think, whether my hair is real or fake. I work out every single day and the weave really helps me look together after I work out. Very low maintenance.

HTH

Hello, I have my first full-head sew in and I thought it looked kinda "fake" but it actually doesn't look that bad. But if I were you, I would be worried about the thinning sides bit; half-wig, maybe? You can look in my Fotki at my new weave...it's cool, my sister did it, it's her first one :grin::grin::grin:

i would also say 1/2 wig, i jus updated one in my fotki today

if you blend properly its not even very detectable

My hair never looks fake. I always fool people it depends on who does your hair and how good it blends!

The better quality you buy your hair the better it will look and the more natural. You have to shop around for a texture that looks similar to yours. Also, I have never worn a closed weave (you know with the net). I always get the conrows and thenleave my top and edges out, so it usually blends in pretty well. I love it. I'm getting one in about 3 weeks.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out for you.

How about trying the net weave.This way the tracks are sewn onto your hair. I believe you truly need to go to a skilled person..I wont say PROFESSIONAL because PROFESSIONALS are known to mess up.

My sides thinned out so now Im too the point Ill only go to Celebrity stylists. One incident too many has me very apprehensive:ohwell:.

Hopefully the other posters PM you with healthy stylists info

I rock full head weaves all the time - although I've been wearing LFs recently.

You would have to research a good weavologist:grin: my edges don't like to be left out- so I use a full weave and rely on good human hair and my skills to make sure it doesn't look wiggish.

Having said that my weaves are usually textured (curly/wavy) so no blending problems - if you're not 100% try a lace closure.

In weaves the applicator bottle and shower head are my best friends- I wash my hair at least once a week diluting shampoo and applying direct to my scalp area, I also dilute conditioners this way for my DCs - rinse using the shower head- squeeze-and leave down to dry.

Good luck

I think my sew-in looked pretty good. I personally liked it. My advice is to get the top quality hair (it's worth it) and don't let whoever is doing your hair just run wild. Check out what YOU think would look best and tell the stylist what to do. That is what I did and I think it turned out ok. You can check out my fotki under weave-alicious. No PW needed.

Back