CALLING ALL CURLY WEAVE WEARERS!!! How do you....

africanqueen456

Blend your weave?...whether it be kinky curly or loose body weave. quick weaves and sew in?

I am transitioning and would like to know how to blend my hair with a kinky curly weave.

I was a curly weaver wearer, I usually closed the top off to keep from having texture issues. If you find a match to your hair type, you cab do braid outs, wet combed in blends or wet finger twirling with you hair and small amount of the weave.

I also have a few kinky weaves with leave out, let me know if you want to see them, I can explain what was left out and what I used for blending.

It really depends on the type of weave you get. I got the best results straightening my leave out and then blending with a dry set - i.e. bantu knot at night. That worked beautifully for some naturally curly remy I had installed. I've never had a kinky curl but tighter curls may call for twists or braid outs on your leave out previously suggested. Also some people add a little bit of the weave into the braid or bantu knot for better blending. HTH

I either braid or 2 strand twist my hair that is left out over night and take it down in the morning.. it usually looks like this in the morning
820.jpg

800a.jpg

I bantu knot at night with my leave out...in the style in my siggy i do six bantu knots twisted in the hair so that when i take it out it blends...ill try to find a pic..brb

ETA: here you go...i twist my own hair with the weave..my own hair is about a little under my nose to give you an idea.

394152547.jpg

394152546.jpg

Last edited:
I do a flat twist out or regular twist out. It works out well. I have pics in my fotki (link in my profile).

I'll post some pictures later, but i usually apply Hawaiian silky then Crisco...yes Crisco:yep: and a small bit of gel and tie my hair down at night then let it out the morning and fluff. it also helps if you get a texture closest to your own.

Akimat001 did u do any other styling to the Bobbi boss soul wave?

I didnt this hair was an accident. I bought it, installed it didnt like it, took it out, it stayed in my stash for months...installed it again, looked like Rick James, took some scissors to it and fell in love!!! The online pictures of the hair dont do it justice, the curl pattern is so pretty. It was easier not to have to blend so I did a full weave.

Back