USE UP YOUR STASH 2013: SESSION 3

Ogoma

Trying to moisturize daily for the next 30 to 60 days. Tonight I used the Duafe tea and then used the AO gel to style. Hopefully it will turn out nicely. I only have a little of the tea left, probably not even 1 more use.

What will be the result of doing this? I have been moisturizing my hair nightly, but not sure if it is too much manipulation or not. I don't see broken hairs or anything; just paranoid.

faithVA

[USER=334345 said:
Ogoma[/USER];19353377]What will be the result of doing this? I have been moisturizing my hair nightly, but not sure if it is too much manipulation or not. I don't see broken hairs or anything; just paranoid.

When I had my analysis in the spring she said that my split ends were the result of dryness and that I needed to moisturize daily. I did it for a while but then my mom got sick and I dropped it. Now my ends are looking like straw so I'm getting back on it. I am hoping that I see a difference in my hair in 30 to 60 days.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
The last time I moisturized, sealed and Bantu knotted my hair I used the Jane Carter leave in spray and it smelled off. I thought it was in my mind and used it anyway. I picked it up today and it smelled really off. I almost kept it but then realized "That's dumb!" Luckily there was just a little corner left. I really want to buy and try the KBB spray, but I have to get through this Infusium liquid leave in first.

Last edited:

ImanAdero

I put the rest of my Redken Extreme conditioner in my motley crew conditioner mix! That means one bottle done and in the trash!

I also used my garnier fructis shampoo and it wasn't THAT drying. I don't know why I stopped using it. Hopefully that will be done in a month or two.

faithVA

I cowashed last night and did LOC with CC Naturals, hazelnut oil and BASK Tapioca. I twisted with TW Lock It Up. I finished the Lock it Up. I'm not sure about the CC Naturals. I am going to try it one more time to see if I am going to keep it. Right now it looks like a No. The hazelnut oil is a win.

Going to mix some sapote with tea tonight to moisturize.

HanaKuroi

I cowashed last night and did LOC with CC Naturals, hazelnut oil and BASK Tapioca. I twisted with TW Lock It Up. I finished the Lock it Up. I'm not sure about the CC Naturals. I am going to try it one more time to see if I am going to keep it. Right now it looks like a No. The hazelnut oil is a win.

Going to mix some sapote with tea tonight to moisturize.

Are you using unrefined hazelnut oil?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Ann0804

I'm using up my suave almond conditioner as a shaving cream, so I removed it from my product list.
I used up one bottle of demert wig shampoo- I have one left.
I'm giving one of my wen seasonals to my sister. I'm fully stocked on Wen so now I need to resist purchasing more until summer.

faithVA

[USER=324511 said:
HanaKuroi[/USER];19360119]Are you using unrefined hazelnut oil?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I don't know. I got it from IngredientsToDieFor and it does't say whether it is unrefined.

faithVA

Tried to mix AO Gel and a shea butter blend. That was a fail. The AO gel is going in the give away box. Will cowash tonight and try some new things.

faithVA

Sampled some more products last night. I cowashed with Devacurl. I used Beautiful Curls leave-in, applied hazelnut oil and used the BasK hair milk. I do like the BASK products. I will get larger sizes when they have a sale. I sealed my ends with castor oil and twisted with Aunt Jackies Curling cream. I like the way it went on. It smoothed my hair a bit. I'm drying my twist under the dryer now. Hopefully it will have a nice hold and not dry crunchy.

Decided I'm not going to use CC Naturals as a leave-in but will try it for the "C" step. If it doesn't work for that step I will toss it. I will try the Beautiful Curls one more time before I decide whether to give it away.

faithVA

I am trying to use up conditioner but it isn't happening :lol:

I DCd with AO Blue Chamomile last night, but I still have 1 to 2 uses of this left. Today I am DCing with AO Island Naturals. I thought it would be finished but I still have 1 to 2 uses of it as well.

I plan to start my wash day regimen tonight and will shampoo with the Bear Fruit hair, DC with SM Restorative Conditioner. I will use AIA Leave-in, hazelnut oil, Qhemet BRBC and then style with MJ Pillow Soft Curls. I will be putting my hair up for vacation.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I literally have a drop of AO White Camellia Shampoo left. I thought I wasn't going to make it through my whole head, so I skimped in the front. Then, after my wash, I took off the cap and realized I had a drop left.

Repurchasing this may be my no buy exception if the cowashes I have coming are not cleansing enough. I have no shampoo left. I didn't buy it on black friday because I can always get a bottle on sale near my house and they didn't have it at Curlmart.

Ogoma

Used up 8 oz Oyin Hair Dew, 3 - 8 oz portions left.

/I have a 32 oz bottle, but I use it 8 ounces at a time.

EnExitStageLeft

Ok So....I fell off, but my stash pic has put me back on.

As of Now I have 3 products almost done...

1. Darcy's Botanicals Moisturizing Hair Whip (STAPLE)
2. Curl Junkie Curl Rehab (1 use left)
3. Curl Junkie Smoothing Conditioner (1 use left)

What I Plan to use next:

1. IPN Basil and Lemongrass Conditioning Creme
2. Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk
3. Silk Dreams Destinations Hydrations

USED UP:
1 8oz. Jar of Eco Styler Gel (PINK VERSION)- HG Gel as of right now:)

EnExitStageLeft

Ok So....I fell off, but my stash pic has put me back on.

As of Now I have 3 products almost done...

1. Darcy's Botanicals Moisturizing Hair Whip (STAPLE, 2-3 used left)
2. Curl Junkie Curl Rehab ( Staple, 1 use left)
3. Curl Junkie Smoothing Conditioner (Staple, 1 use left)

What I Plan to use next:

1. IPN Basil and Lemongrass Conditioning Creme
2. Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk (Staple)
3. Silk Dreams Destinations Hydrations (Staple)

USED UP:
1 8oz. Jar of Eco Styler Gel (PINK VERSION)- HG Gel as of right now:)

Another product almost used up:

SSI Tahitian Vanilla Moisture Mist (HG Leave In)- (2-3 uses left)

faithVA

Shampooed with Barefruit Hair. It's a giveaway product. As soon as it hit my hair, my hair went into rebellion. Had to save it by apply Deva Curl One before I rinsed.

Trashed the CC Hisbiscus. Not sure how its supposed to smell but it was strange enough that I didn't feel I could give it away.

My hair is in afro kinky twists until after Christmas. Don't foresee using up much of anything.

HanaKuroi

I didn't officially join, but I would like to share that I am just about done with my Bask Tapioca. I have about a half tablespoon left. It should be gone by the time twist or braid my hair for an out style.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

xu93texas

I dumped KC Protein Strength treatment, tea tree oil, and Mahabhringraj oil in the trash.

My dd used up the SM Yucca Moisture Mist.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
So I have a completely new stash. I have already given away a few items from it that weren't for me. (MYHC Soy Hair Milk, NG Honey Growth Balm, HH Caramel Frapp, and HH Espressoself).

uofmpanther

Finished off my Aubrey Organics White Camellia Shampoo. Next up is the drop of Darcy's Conditioning Mask that I have left.

uofmpanther

I need strength y'all. My birthday is this Friday, and the little person on my shoulder is telling me that it is ok to buy one thing as a birthday present to myself. At the same time, the whole reason I'm on a no-buy is because I bought enough on Black Friday when it wasn't my birthday...

Honestly, the only things I would consider buying are silk amino acids or setting lotion, but I'm really trying to be good. Plus, if I make one exception, I see myself making others. Ugh. The dramas of being a PJ.

Ogoma

I need strength y'all. My birthday is this Friday, and the little person on my shoulder is telling me that it is ok to buy one thing as a birthday present to myself. At the same time, the whole reason I'm on a no-buy is because I bought enough on Black Friday when it wasn't my birthday...

Honestly, the only things I would consider buying are silk amino acids or setting lotion, but I'm really trying to be good. Plus, if I make one exception, I see myself making others. Ugh. The dramas of being a PJ.

:lol: Good look at your stash and calculate how long it would take you to use it up. That always works to deter me.

Ogoma

Threw out the remaining Oyin Honey Hemp. I tried using it as a pre-poo and my eyes started watering. For whatever reason, my body is reacting to it so I am just going to heed it and move on.

Used up 1 CJ Smoothing Conditioner; 5 more left.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Gonna sneak back in here and add some more products to use up. I realized yesterday that I have 8 Silk Dreams Hair Care products that I ordered in Jan 2013, so they are dang near a year old. I know the lifespan of the products are short...but they smell fine, look fine and they were stored under my bathroom cabinet. After these products are gone, I'll have only 14 products total in my stash. The goal is to keep it under 10 going forward. To keep things interesting and fun, when I run out of something I will decide if I want to restock my staple or try something new then go back to my staple.

Yes I like all these products that I'm listing below, but I will not repurchase since I cannot pick them up locally...not to mention the short lifespan! I have gone back to Salon & store brands for the bulk of my haircare needs.
* full whip my hair cleanser
* 1/4 jar whip my hair cleanser
* 2 full size destination hydration
* full wheat germ conditioner
* 1/2 bottle wheat germ conditioner
* full jar avocado deep conditioner
* full jar vanilla silk deep conditioner

Shouldn't take long to use them up since I do 2 heads of hair weekly. Just yesterday, I used a full jar of vanilla silk deep conditioner on our heads. lol

Last edited: