Use Up Your Stash 2013 - Session 1

faithVA

I took the two Komaza products out of the give away box and used them up last night.
Komaza Care Coconut Curl Hair Lotion and Komaza Care Califia Leave-In

As I am looking at my stash there are some categories I definitely don't need to buy anything else for, like oils. But when I look at moisturizers, I have 3 samples and no full size moisturizer. I have enough stylers though. I think I just get in my head what I want so when I'm shopping I know what I want. I have a leave-in with glycerin, so I want to purchase a 2nd leave-in without. And I want a creamy moisturizer/sealer without glycerin.

I know the As I Am Hair Milk does not have glycerin, so that would count for one. Next time I go to Sally's I will start reading some labels. May need to go to Whole Foods to see if they have any samples.

Ogoma

Used up Camille Rose Moisture Butter. I alternated between hating it and loving it. I need something that works consistently for me and it might be too thick for what I need it for. I ended up using it on my body.

Not a repurchase.

Ogoma

Used up one Jessicurl Too Shea, one left.

By the end of this session, I wouldn't have a stash to use up. Just staples.

faithVA

I'm plugging away at a few things: Komaza Aloe My Hair Leave-In, Komaza Shea Butter Lotion and the Qhemet Burdock Root. I'm not going to use them up by the end of this month because they don't work well on my hair so I will space out their use. But I will get them used up in April.

faithVA

Starting my wash day early this week but not using anything up that I know of. Shampooed with 4 Naturals Extra Moist Detangling Shampoo. Conditioned with the Reconstructor. Now doing an overnight DC with Komaza Olive Oil Mask. It's the first time trying it.

Not sure what I will moisturize and seal with tomorrow.

Minty

I haven't bought anything in more than a year for hair.

I've got so far to go in terms of using what's still here. I'm working through another liter conditioner as a co-wash, but since I'm only washing weekly lately is a slow go.

I'm out of henna, so that will be my only purchase.

EnExitStageLeft

Used Up:
1 bottle of DB Shea Butter Curl Moisturizing Curl Cream. Not going to lie, this stuff is bomb and a staple. I just don't like that it seperates so quickly *shrugs. I am now finishing up a bottle of HCHL Avocado Truffle Hair Milk. I say I have a full month or less before this is completely gone.

Almost Gone:
1 jar of Silk Dreams Chocolate Bliss DC (one use left), 1 jar left in stash. Its ok, nothing spectacular. My hair is soft, but thats about it. Its doesn't make the hair silky or shiny like the rest of my staple DC's. Once this jar is finished I'll work on my open jar of Naturelle Grow Slippery elm, marshmallow root and cinnamon DC :lick:.

faithVA

Haven't used up anything but I am scraping the bottom of a few items: Qhemet shampoo, ION Moisturizer and the Qhemet Burdock root. :yay: Then I just have that mix of Komaza products. I should be able to finish those off next week.

I am getting really close to getting some staples in some areas. This is where I am so far.

Shampoos: Terressentials and the 4Naturals Extra Moist. This will replace the Hair One Olive Oil.

I don't have an instant conditioner in my stash that's a staple. But I am going to repurchase the Deva Curl One when it goes on sale. And I will compare that to the Giovani SAS.

I don't have a staple protein conditioner. I have several in my stash but still learning protein. If my breakage doesn't stop this weekend I will buy the Shescentit Okra reconstructor. That will be the last protein conditioner I buy for a while.

AO Blue Chamomile is my staple DC.

I am alternating between the As I Am Leave-In and KCKT as my staple leave-ins.

I don't have a staple moisturizer. I really want something that doesn't have glycerin, silicones or parabens in it. But so far I haven't found too many on the ground. I will try the As I Am Hair Milk and see how that goes. Or I will make a trip to the local bss to see what they have in stock.

I don't know what my staple styler is but I don't need to buy anything else. Nor do I need to buy any more oils.

Aside from the moisturizer I think I am making good progress. It has taken years.

faithVA

I bought the As I Am Hair Milk, a semi-permanent color which I am applying now, a baby brush and a wet brush.

Aggie

Finally finished up another bottle of Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze. It smelled nice but that was about it. I've moved on to and cowashed with Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner this morning.

I will be giving Tresemme Naturals a try when I'm done with the Suave conditioners I have left and if I hate that one too, I will have to go back to Aussie Moist, Aussie Volume conditioners and vo5s.

lamaria211

I haven't used up anything lately mainly because I haven't been doing much to my hair. But IM working on my stash still. IM still getting rid of all my non natural haircare items (by using them up) and replacing them with all natural products and I've been truly loving that.

JJamiah

I am using things and not buying other things :grin:

I am definitely trying to reduce this stash. :)

I haven't used anything else up tis far (well since my last update of using stuff up :giggle: ) but also haven't bought anything.
I must say even though I have a WELL stocked supply of WEN.. I love Wen Pomegrante... It is truly a beautiful thing. I love the slip I get after washing and it stays well hydrated :)
I love fig for moisturizing, I get a meh feeling afterwards, soft but coated.
I love Vanilla Mint for the smell honestly LOL
I like Sweet Almond Mint for the start of using Wen, but I like the other flavors better
I LOVE Pomegrante
I LOVE LOVE 613
I don't like Ginger PUMPKIN, but I want to try it again to give it a fair shot :yep:
I can't wait to try the others that are collecting dust in my closet. :)

SunySydeofLyfe

I've added to my Nairobi stash the bss near the house had one kit minus the foam wrap for 60% off i couldn't resist 20 dollars that was a major score!!!

Suny

Kindheart

I just DC'd with shea moisture Deep treatment and my hair is a giant "hair ball" you know the one cats spit out or the one u get after wearing braids . WTH is in this stuff . I m gonna have to throw it . Sorry for the rant . Tangles ,Tangles everywhere !! Aaaargh!

Ogoma

I just DC'd with shea moisture Deep treatment and my hair is a giant "hair ball" you know the one cats spit out or the one u get after wearing braids . WTH is in this stuff . I m gonna have to throw it . Sorry for the rant . Tangles ,Tangles everywhere !! Aaaargh!

Sorry to hear that. It made my hair feel tangled and horrible as well. I really wonder which of the ingredients or what went wrong during the formulation.

faithVA

Sorry to hear that. It made my hair feel tangled and horrible as well. I really wonder which of the ingredients or what went wrong during the formulation.

The ph is probably off. Probably adding some AVG would help rebalance it. Sounds like the cuticles are being open too much and then not being smoothed down.

Kindheart

I can't point it out looking at the ingredients i had high expectations ..perhaps they should add a generous quantity of Behentrimonium methosulfate to their formulation. :)
Eta: even my skin is dry .

EnExitStageLeft

Used Up:

Tropic Isle Living JBCO Serum w/ Argan Oil (YAYYYYY! :happydance:). Now I'm going to start on the DB Pumpkin Seed Curl Elixir :)lick:) and Hairveda Jardin Conditioning oil sample I received (I also bought the full size bottle :lick:). Once the Hairveda Sample is completely gone I'll mainly work on the DB Pumpkin Elixir.

Angel of the North

Used up Roux PC and Dr organics manuka honey conditioners. I've been a little busy and a little hair lazy throughout the first session of this challenge so I haven't used up as much as I would have liked to, I will probably use up 2-4 more products before the session is over. I've added the Mizani supreme oil set (4 items) to my stash for my Jan, Feb, Mar and April's purchases and my list is now complete.

I've made a wish/try list (my list is 20 items strong) that I want to eventually add to my stash to enable me to compare products to each other and get to achieving the second reason I entered this challenge which was to help me lock down my staples.

I will continue to use up the things I know I will not repurchase then get to buying the natural/organic lines I want to try. Eventually I want to reduce my stash to 24-30 items in total so I have a little way to go yet.

faithVA

I don't have what it takes to be a product junkie. I went to the bss on Friday. I tried on a few wigs. Didn't see anything that would work. Then I spent another 30 minutes in there just looking at stuff. I couldn't find anything I could make myself buy :nono:

I'm tired of doing my hair though. It's time for a week or some havanna twists.

faithVA

Used up the Qhemet Burdock Root, the ION Moisturizer, the Komaza Care Aloe My Hair Leave-in and the Komaza Shea Lotion.

None are repurchases.

Probably have 1 use left of the Komaza Olive Moisture Mask. And using the Qhemet Epytian Tea Shampooo for cleaning combs and brushes.

Will see what else I can use up soon.

Ogoma

Used up Jessicurl Too Shea - not a repurchase. I use it for cowashing and I have cheaper things that work well.

Used up Meadowfoam seed oil - not a repurchase. I love it, but decided to just use oils I can get at the grocery store. I don't want to pay shipping for oils.

Next up 1 bottle of DB Pumpkin Seed conditioner.

classoohfive

Gone:

• Finesse / Moisturizing Shampoo
  • African Royale / Braid Spray (staple)

Annnnd that's it. I went through a period of being lazy with my hair and now I'm back at using staples so there hasn't been a dent in my stash this session.

New: :look:
  • African Royale / Braid Spray: I've been having trouble finding this in stores and I've been out for a a while. It won't be here for a few weeks (the Amazon add-on program sucks) but I settled for the wait. I'll add it back to the list when I get it. I miss it :lol: It's been a staple for years even when I'm not in braids. :yep:

• Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 Moisturizer: I've been hearing positive things about this for years so I finally gave in. My natural hair and my texlaxed hair seem to love it so far. I think it's going to be another staple. :ohwell: On the plus side, I've been really good about not purchasing new items that aren't staples.

Rozlewis

Used one of my Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful DC's tonight. Don't plan to replace it with anything. Trying to use this crazy stash.