USE UP YOUR STASH 2013: Session 2

faithVA

An LHCFer had my staples in the exchange forum, so I bought them :look: Bought a bottle of the Terressentials Lemon Mudwash and a jar of the Taliaah Waajid curling creme.

And I'm on the hunt for a moisturizer so I bought 2 Purabody products from the exchange forum.

But I am using up the As I Am Hair Milk. Mixing it with the S-curl is working at least a little bit until I find something better. When I finish the hair milk I will do the same thing with the As I Am Double Butter.

Besides replacings staples and searching for a moisturizer I am done purchasing, unless I get a good deal on something on my wish list: Camille Rose, Karen Body Beautiful.

My regimen is getting really coming together.

SimJam

Shampoos
HQS coconut lime (1 back up)
HV amala creme rinse (2 back ups, opened one to continue using)

Conditioners
HV moist 24/7 (several backups, started using another bottle)
HV moistPRO (1 back up, will open next protein cowash day)
Darcys pumpkin conditioner

Deep Conditioners
HV sitrinillah (several backups one currently being used)
KBB luscious mask
SSI okra reconstructor

Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Purabody murumuru moisture milk (1 back up currently being used)
SD mocha silk
Claudies balancing ends insurance (1 back up, started using)
Qhemet BRBC
HV red tea Leave In (3 back ups, opened one to use)
Carols Daughter Tui leave in spritz
Oyin juices and berries
HQS greaseless moisture (1 back up currently being used)

Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
Purabody cupuacu butter
Oyn sugar berry pomade
LG green magic (3 back ups, opened one to use)

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Brahmi powder
Amla powder
Shikakai powder
Aritha powder
Henna (2 packs)
Hesh Amla Oil

Styling products
SM curl enhancing smoothie
HV whipped jelly (2 back ups, opened one to continue using)

Hay all used up
1 LG green magic
1 claudies ends insurance
1 KBB luscious mask
1 SSI okra reconstructor

Ogoma

Bought 4 Desert Essence conditioners. They are staples, but I have not had it in my stash for a minute. I need variety. Using just TJ TTT was beginning to bore me and I love it. :lol:

Last edited:

Ogoma

I think by the end of this session, I would be closer to my goal of just 10 products, excluding oils. I want to use the same 10 products for all of 2014 and see if it makes a difference or my hair gets tired of it etc. I have two for every category, except leave in as nothing works as well as CJ Curl Rehab for me.

It will be hard not to try anything new all of next year, but I'll persevere. :lol:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I used up my Alikay Naturals Dulce Hair Lotion. Ill probably use up more stuff when I wash my hair today.

uofmpanther

I used up my CJ Beauticurls Conditioner and my KBB Leave-in. I will buy the leave-in again. It reminds me of CJ Smoothing Lotion.

Lilmama1011

Just used up my mills creek biotin which was a shocker i didn't know how much I had left :) it feels so minty on my scalp, I applied it like a relaxer so its on every strand. Someone mentioned on here it had slip, I forgot who it was and i said it doesn't, well it does, i don't know why I never noticed it before, it makes you hair feel slippery when putting it on but you don't get any softness, but then again it's protein so.... That shea moisture deep maque is crap, after I rinsed it out, it felt like i just washed my hair with a non moisturizing shampoo, so glad it's gone

classoohfive

Pantene / 2 Minute Moisture Masque (new: May 2013)

This is the only thing I've used up and I may make it a staple. I may replace my current DC with it.

I've been quiet in this thread, but I haven't been purchasing things either. :) I'm looking at my list and aside from conditioners for cowashes I'm not sure what else I can use up. I don't want to give things away just yet, I'm still iffy about a few products that I may love after I BC. The S-Curl seems to do fine on my natural hair yet builds up on my texlaxed ends so I don't use it much. I may love it once I BC. IDK.

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

For some reason when I rinsed out the biotin my hair was soft for the first time, weird.... I'm still going to use up that mayo in the fridge for now for protein treatments with no egg, I'm scared of egg

Ogoma

Used up a few things this past few days:
- Live Clean Argan Oil leave-in spray: will repurchase sometime in the future
- TJ TTT: HG/staple. 6 left
- PBN Murumuru Moisture Milk: will repurchase sometime in the distant future.

Only 3 non staples left in my stash. Rotating 2 -Bee Mine Deja Hair Milk and Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer- as my moisturizers for the next while.

Non hair use ups: Ulta Body Smoothie, Cake Body Lotion, and Kiehl Oil-free Moisturizer.

classoohfive

I just pulled everything off of my main hair product shelf and went through everything. It looked bad at first... That was just due to being disorganized (well, it was organized at one point, my needs had changed) and making a mess when I was in a hurry. I have a better idea of what my staples are and how often I use them, so I hope the way I organized it this time can better fit what I need. Now I can tell that I've downsized a lot. :yep: I put the items I want to use up or I'm still trying to figure out in a small box off to the side so I can keep those products in mind.

GVP / Conditioning Balm
I'm removing this from my list. My daughter rarely ever needs a DC, except a few months ago we went swimming and her hair needed some extra moisture. It made such a huge difference! We've used it 3 more times since then. And I only leave it on for a few minutes. I've tried sitting under the dryer or wearing it for hours and it was never that useful on mama's hair. :rolleyes: :lol:

I added the following products I purchased earlier this year after my hair analysis:

Komaza Care / Matani Hair Serum: I've only used it once as I rarely flat iron. That wasn't enough to tell if it will replace my other products.

Komaza Care / Vitamin Reign: Part of my transitioning/natural regimen. So far it's a keeper, I just need to explore a bit with my current products and compare.

Komaza Care / Protein Hair Strengthener: Another product that was purchased for the purpose of transitioning and dealing with low porosity hair. If I love it, I can use up and get rid of my other protein treatments.

Gryphyn

Updated stash. Used up 2 products so far!

Goal: Cut my list in half

Shampoos
QOD original cleanse clarifying shampoo
Body Shop ginger scalp care shampoo :nono:
Pantene pro-v moisture renewal for curly hair shampoo :nono:
Body Shop rainforest moisture shampoo
Cream of Nature argan oil moisture and shine shampoo

Conditioners
Pantene pro-v moisture renewal for curly hair conditioner
Aussie moist (staple)

Deep Conditioners
Creme of Nature professional nourishing and strengthening treatment (protein)
Body Shop rainforest moisture hair butter (moisture)- Done!
Aloe vera juice w/ honey (moisture) (staple)

Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Aphogee keratin green tea restructurizer (staple)
ORS olive oil moisturizing hair lotion (staple)
Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream (staple)

Oils
Meknes of Morocco infusion argan oil (staple)
Coconut oil (staple)

Styling products
Fantasia IC hair polisher styling gel (staple)
Fantasia IC hair polisher olive styling gel :nono:
Miss Jessie's curly pudding
Kinky Curly curling custard
Cantu shea butter for natural hair coconut curling cream - saving to revisit after my transition
Cantu shea butter for natural hair moisturizing curl activator cream :nono: - Done!

Other products
Dove hair spray (staple)
Body Shop coconut oil hair shine
CHI iron guard thermal protection spray
ACV or white vinegar (clarify)

faithVA

Didn't use up anything this week but getting close.

Purchased a mudwash from the exchange forum, but used up the 2 half bottles I had, so I still just have one or 3/4 of one. As a result of using the mudwash, the HQ greaseless moisture (2x) are going into the giveaway box. It has dimethicone which didn't feel so bad but I can tell after using the mud my hair is coated. It will come back to haunt me eventually if I don't let it go now.

I DCd with the HQ go deep. I only have 1 more use of that. I think this is a good conditioner if you like heavy oils. It allows me to finger detangle. It probably would work better as a moisturizer for my hair. I may try it as such next week.

On my last use of 1 bottle of the NJoy's Growth Oil

Will try to use up the Jane Carter Curling Creme.

I plan to send my giveaway box to someone by the end of August or September. I need to try a few more products to see if they need to go before I send the box out. I need to try the rest of the HQ products and the Purabody products I just purchased.

Also need to add the purabody products to my stash.

faithVA

I moved more items to my giveaway box. I added Purabody Sapote and Murumuru to the list. I think I like the Sapote. Will have to try the Murumuru again. My first thoughts though is that it is a hair milk and my hair just doesn't seem to respond to hair milks.

Almost finished the Jane Carter Curling Creme. For some reason didn't have this in my stash list. So only have 1 styler in my stash: As I Am Twisting Creme.

Not sure what I am going to do with the double butter.

xu93texas

I just sent my niece a box full of goodies. She just started her HHJ. The box contained:

-Nairobi Humecta-Sil
-KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
-Shea Moisture Yucca and Baobob Growth Milk-I liked this product, but I have so many other moisturizers to use up first before calling this a staple product.
-Blue Eco-styler gel
-Avocado oil

uofmpanther

I returned a Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey to Macy's. I didn't realize corn oil is the first ingredient, and I don't see the point of putting corn oil in my hair.

On another note, I'm feeling pretty proud. Over the course of this Session, I've gotten rid of 73 products, and I have 12 left that I want to use up. That is not including the products I've returned to the store or refrained from buying because I wanted to keep decreasing my stash. In total, I have 31 hair products (including my staples) and we aren't even done with Session 2! I've also learned a lot about what my hair likes and hates.

Thanks, ladies, for keeping me motivated!

ETA: Apparently, I could not count when I said 34. I just put them all into Word, and it was 73 products used, tossed or given away.

Last edited:

xu93texas

I sold SSI avocado conditioner, DB Pumpkin seed conditioner, and SSI Tahitian Vanilla and Coconut leave in conditioner.

Lilmama1011

Just used the rest of my wen remoist conditioner, I must be getting better with taking care of my hair because my hair breaks less, I got my good washing regimen, but really haven't found a permanent moisturizer, moisturizing and sealing seems to be the easy part and doesn't matter as long as its natural

Ogoma

Giving away Bee Mine Deja Hair Milk to my cousin. It doesn't sink into my hair and reacts with my gel. Other than that great product so I don't want to waste it cowashing and detangling.

Tonto

My hair dew is almost gone but I have my Giovanni leave in. I gave away one of my Giovanni leave ins Conditioner. I have that gel for over 2 years now (Eco styler gel) and even though my friend help me, I'm still like halfway. My shampoo bar is almost over so I got the Trader Joe's shampoo...hopefully it won't be too harsh on my hair. I got the conditioner as well. I just realize that I don't use any butter and my hair feels lighter! :)

uofmpanther

I have maybe one wash left of my Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner, which I love; so I bought GVP conditioning balm because I would love to have an alternate closer to home. If I dislike it, I can take it back.