Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 3

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Session 3
Session 3 - Sept. 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge?
I have been absolutely ridiculous with my PJism since being on this board. I have been in some type of Use It Up challenge since 2007. That is a daggone shame. But this time I'm serious. I have been pretty consistent with certain staples and at this point I truly am tired of band wagon hopping and buying products in bulk when I don't even know if it works.

2. List the products you hope to use up in your stash. Use your own categories.
Starting count:31

Purple font = staple

Shampoo
L'Oreal EverCreme Shampoo

Conditioners
V05 Blackberry Sage Tea
Herbal Essences Totally Twisted
Pantene Relaxed and Natural Moisturizing
Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter
Herbal Essences Breaks Over
L'Oreal EverSleek
L'Oreal EverCreme

Deep Conditioners
Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol
Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask
Shea Moisture Shea Butter Mask

Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Profectiv MegaGrowth Growth Lotion
Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Silken Curls Detangler
Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector

Oils
Proclaim Natural 7 Oil
ORS Hairepair Vital Oils

Styling products
Bronner Brothers Foam Wrapping Lotion
Eco Styler Protein Styling
Eco Styler Curls and Waves
Eco Styler Argan Oil
Eco Styler All Hair Types

Other
Age Beautiful Demi Permanent Color in Jet Black
Age Beautiful Developer
Ion Color Brights in Purple
Ion Demi Permanent Color in Clear
Salon Care 10V Developer
Beyond the Zone Color Jamz in Raspberry Kamikaze
Adore Color in Crystal Clear
Adore Color in Blue Black
Adore Color in African Violet

Samples
Garnier Fall Fight Shampoo
Garnier Fall Fight Conditioner
ORS Olive Oil Hair Mask x3

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash". (Optional)
See below. The main things I didn't post pics of were the oils and styler products. Those are also usually the things that take me longest to get rid of:perplexed

4. What are your goal(s) for the session
Use up all the samples. Shouldn't be hard, but could because they are pretty good sized and I could get a couple of uses out of it.

I also really, really, REALLY want to get down to my just my staples. I'm a color treated natural and know exactly what I can and cant't use to care for my hair and when I can and can not use it. I'm pretty much in autopilot with my regimen and I need my product stash to reflect that.

I'm hoping that by the time Black Friday comes around, I will be able to just replace staples in bulk and continue with that into the new year. Then I won't have to keep joining these use up challenges because I'll know exactly when I need to replace something.

Attachments

• shampoo.jpg
    shampoo.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 21
  • cowashers.jpg
    cowashers.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 22
  • deepconditioners.jpg
    deepconditioners.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 23
  • leaveins.jpg
    leaveins.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 18
  • colorcare.jpg
    colorcare.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 18

NikkiQ

I'll be going home to the states in 2 weeks and I do plan on buying a few products while I'm there that I can't get here. Mostly DCs. So my product list will grow :lol:

Sent from my Android...Boom.

faithVA

KCCC flaked on me for the first time :nono: So will have to cowash tonight. I want to use up the rest of the KCCC so I will try it again with a different leave-in.

lamaria211

I don't feel like listing my stash again so ill post pics
I've got maybe 2-3 uses left of Kera Minerals DC I'm going to mix it with B&B Cream de Coco condish cause its not that great a conditioner when those two are gone I'm gonna start working on my Aussie products

ForumRunner_20120904_124001.jpg

JJamiah

This month I am behaving. Next month I need to reorder Henna Nupur 2 large 500gm, and I am going to invest in a Large professional Cheapy Conditioner gallon for about $6-$8 so I don't have to stock up on VO5.

faithVA

I've decided in the future to mix my gels and creams to have a less firm hold. Gels make my hair too stiff. So I threw out the little bit of KCCC I had.

I'm playing around with mixing unpetroleum jelly with AVG to see if I can make a sealant.

And I'm wondering if when I make the Kimmay Tube leave-in, if I'm not applying enough. I definitely wasn't making it right :lol: So made the kimmay tube leave-in with the Giovanni Direct. Going to apply it while wet, sit under my heat cap and then reapply it. Let's see if that makes a difference.

I love having a strategy. :yep:

Ogoma

Returned Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel and Leave Clean Argan Oil Conditioning Spray. I have quite a few gels and leave-ins to go through before I get to them. I can get them very easily so I will pick them up when I have used up what I have now.

lamaria211

faithVA said:
I've decided in the future to mix my gels and creams to have a less firm hold. Gels make my hair too stiff. So I threw out the little bit of KCCC I had.

I'm playing around with mixing unpetroleum jelly with AVG to see if I can make a sealant.

And I'm wondering if when I make the Kimmay Tube leave-in, if I'm not applying enough. I definitely wasn't making it right :lol: So made the kimmay tube leave-in with the Giovanni Direct. Going to apply it while wet, sit under my heat cap and then reapply it. Let's see if that makes a difference.

I love having a strategy. :yep:

I apply my leave in twice in wash days once right after I rinse out my DC then again when my hair is close to being dry that's also when I seal:)

faithVA

I apply my leave in twice in wash days once right after I rinse out my DC then again when my hair is close to being dry that's also when I seal:)

Thanks. I'm trying it now. I can't wait until it's close to dry to reapply because I wash at night and it takes hours to dry. But I did apply it, use my heat cap, then applied it again and twisted it up. I put on a lot more tonight.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Suave-Everlasting Sunshine Conditioner has able 1 more use.....it was the family size too. It smell divine and I'm in love with it. Will be purchasing that again.

I don't feel like listing my stash again so ill post pics
I've got maybe 2-3 uses left of Kera Minerals DC I'm going to mix it with B&B Cream de Coco condish cause its not that great a conditioner when those two are gone I'm gonna start working on my Aussie products

View attachment 166595

lamaria211
Copy and paste from the other thread and update from there.

This month I am behaving. Next month I need to reorder Henna Nupur 2 large 500gm, and I am going to invest in a Large professional Cheapy Conditioner gallon for about $6-$8 so I don't have to stock up on VO5.

JJamiah
Sallys has a gallon size condition called Salon Care, you should check it out.

lamaria211

hampoos & Cleansing Conditioners Nexxus Aloe Rid Kids Organics Shea Butter Poo Giovanni Smooth AS Silk Deeper Moisture Poo Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair(unused) Hair One Hair Cleanser For Dry Hair Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Poo Curls Creamy Curl Cleanser(unused) Wen Sixthirteen Cleanser(unused) Wen Summer Coconut Mango Cleanser(unused) Queen Helene Garlic poo

*Conditioners*

Suave Almond n Shea Condish(unused) Chi Infra Treatment Roux Porosity Control Nexxus Humectress(unused) BWC Moisture Plus Conditioner(unused) Giovanni Brazillian Keratin&Argan Oil Conditioner(unused) Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner(unused) Redken Smoothdown Butter Treat(unused) Aussie Moist(unused) Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment(unused) Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeep Conditioner(unused Suave Keratin Infusion condish(unused) KeraPro Restorative Conditioner(unused) Crece Pelo Natural Phitoterapeutic Treatment(unused) Herbal Essence LTR Conditioner KeraPro Restorative Intense Treatment x2(unused) Curls Coconut Curlada Conditioner(unused) Silicon Mix(unused) Kerastase Oleo-Relax Slim Masque(unused) Alter Ego Garlic Mask(unused) Kerastase Masquintense Nourishing Treayment(unused) Aphogee 2Minute Reconstructor Natures Gate Aloe Moisturizing Conditioner Aubrey Organics GPB Giovanni SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner Silicon Mix Bambu(unused) Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner Queem Helen Cholesterol Bumble and Bumble Creme Elasta Qp Intense Fortifying Treatment(unused)

Nubian Heritage Grow & Strengthen Masque(unused)

Macadamia Natural Oil Hair Masque(2) (unused) Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol(unused) Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing condish(unused) Nubian Heritage Moringa Treatment Masque(unused) Nothing But Intense Healing Mask(unused) Kera Minerals Deep Condish(unused) Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment(unused) Silk Dreams Vanilla DC(unused) Curl Junkie Curl Rehab condish(unused) One n Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask(unused) KeraCare Humecto Deep Condish(unused)

*Leave Ins* Macadamia Natural Oil Nourishing Leave in(unused) Silk Elements Megasilk leave in cream Kinky Curly Knot Today x2(unused As I Am leave in(unused) Aveeno Nourish leave in Treatment Bioluxe Miracle Leave In Serum(unused) Tresemme Split Remedy Leave in(unused) Givanni Brazillian Keratin Argan oil leave in(unused) Aphogee ProVitamin leave in Herbal Essence LTR leave in Crece Pelo leave in(unused) Silicon Mix leave in(unused) Salerm b5 leave in(unused) Aphogee Green tea and Keeatin Restructurizer Garnier Frutis Leave in(unused) Cream of Nature leave in

*MoisturizersNStylin* Kerastase Oleo Relax Creme(unused) Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie Nairobi Moisturizing Lotion Elasta Qp Mango Butter Nubian Heritage EVOO&Moringa Hair Butter(unused) Salma Hayek Blue Agave Curl Cream(unused Baba de Caracol Nutrition Styling Cream(unused) Curls Creme Brule(unused) Esencia Vanilla Macadamia&Sunflower Cream(unused) Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream Elasta.Qp Glaze EcoStyler Olive oil Gel Herbal Essance Split End Protector GroHealthy Milk Protein&Olive oil Growth Lotiom EcoStyler Gel clear B&B Supergro African Royale Braid Spray Elasta Qp Design Silk heat Protectant(unused) Keracare Blowdry Lotion Silk Elements Heat Protectant Herbal Essence Smoothing Serum Elasta Qp Design Foam(unused) Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade(unused) ORS Edge Control(unused) Chi Silk Infusion SCurl(unused) Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp&Tamanu Gro&Strengthen Custard(unused) Wen Sixthirteen Replenishing Spray(unused)

*OilsNButters* +Greases Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Elixir Wild Growth oil JBCO Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil Sweet Almond oil EVOO Vatika Oil Organic Coconut Butter Vitamin E oil Raw Mango Butter Grapeseed oil Glycerine Shea Butter B&B Super gro grease Softee Indian Hemp Grease

*Vitamins* Hair Skin Nails Vitamins Super B Complex Biotin 5000 MSM 1000 Omega3,6,9 __________________

30something

I liked to join. I'm at the point where I truly found all my stables

Paste the following info if you’re up for the challenge

Tired of seeing all these bottles

2. List the products you hope to use up in your stash. Use your own categories.

Suggested Categories:
- Shampoos
Sauve Clarifying Shampoo x2

- Conditioners, Deep conditioners, Leave ins

Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango x2
ORS Hair Masque
ORS Replenishing pac
Tresemme naturals x2
Tresemme conditioners x3
Tresemme Nourishing rituals
Kinky Curly Custard
HE None of Your Frizz Leave in
HE Long term relationship leave x2
HE Long Term relationship
Suave leave in (forgot the name)
Nexxus conditioner x2
Aphogee 2 minute
Aphogee ProVitamin leave in
Trader Joe Nourish and Spa x4
Organix conditoners X2

4. What are your goal(s) for the session
To finish my Tresemme naturals (6), Herbal essences (4), Organix conditioners (2) and Lustrasilk (2)

lamaria211

I went to the health food store to get some essential peppermint oil since my scalp mix is almost gone. And I ended up with the oil and doe AO Honey Suckle Rose condish

maxineshaw

Count me in.

Accountability. I'm trying very hard to use up my hair products before I move on to using only black-owned products.

2. Products:

Shampoo: ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Conditioner: LeKair Cholesterol, Tresemme Moisture Rich
Leave-In: Wave Nouveau Finishing Mist
Moisturizer: Care Free Curl Gold Activator
Oil: Hot Six Oil, Ultra Sheen Original (2.25 oz)

3. I'm not going to post a picture. As you can see above, my stash is practically infinitesimal.

4. My goals for this session:
a. Actually use up my hair products (and this does not include dumping them in the garbage :))
b. Transition to more naturally formulated, black-owned products
c. Still keep my routine simple

faithVA

[USER=155092 said:
lamaria211[/USER];16776967]Someone please talk me off the ledge this Nubian Heritage sale is screaming my first and last name

Girl you don't need that stuff. You have plenty of other products that are better in your own stash already. Buy your little one a new toy or outfit or something instead. Or save up for a body massage. Walk away, walk away. You aren't missing anything.

lamaria211

faithVA said:
Girl you don't need that stuff. You have plenty of other products that are better in your own stash already. Buy your little one a new toy or outfit or something instead. Or save up for a body massage. Walk away, walk away. You aren't missing anything.

*walks out of Walgreens empty handed* thanks babe ill reread this post daily till the sale is over:)

JJamiah

Suave-Everlasting Sunshine Conditioner has able 1 more use.....it was the family size too. It smell divine and I'm in love with it. Will be purchasing that again.

lamaria211
Copy and paste from the other thread and update from there.

JJamiah
Sallys has a gallon size condition called Salon Care, you should check it out.
Yes mam, that is where I was going. Honey Oatmeal is the flavor I seek. ZebraPrintLover

~*~ShopAholic~*~

JJamiah I am still in shock that u cut from HL to APL gradually this yr. and I'm over here mad I have to keep trimming my ends away 2-4" here and there lingering around waist length, LOL.

lamaria211

JJamiah said:
:rolleyes:

lamaria211. I am coming to look into your stash lol....hehehehe

Tonight I am prepping my hair for wash day. I think next week I need to get it braided up.

I'd rather save up for a nice Curl Junkie haul:) one day!

JJamiah

@JJamiah I am still in shock that u cut from HL to APL gradually this yr. and I'm over here mad I have to keep trimming my ends away 2-4" here and there lingering around waist length, LOL.

It was actually touching my Tailbone :giggle: (I told the Mr. now I can tickle my booty crack, TMI, I know) LOL

shopaholic all honesty I am glad it is gone. I fuss less with it, fight less with it. I was telling one of the members today, I wonder what took so long to cut it. I think SUPER long (which those lengths are to me) is not for me. I feel MBL-Whip is as long as this gal wants to get. I don't want to manage so much hair. I comb and then have to reangle my arms to get it further down.

Healthy and MBL-Whip Length hair and I will be happy :yep:
Your hair is beautiful too I see your pictures and you definitely have hair to be envious of :yep: Beautiful hair madam.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Used up my Fall Fight shampoo sample and but a significant dent in an Eco Styler Gel. It should be done tomorrow.

Angelinhell

Purchased razac leave in conditioner yesterday. It seems to be pretty good, I think I used too much though.

My mom was talking to this lady about hair and told her I had lots of Keracare products(I soooo don't, all I have is a liter of the shampoo,5lb humecto, and the leave in), now she wants to buy them from me......those are my staples though:lol:(although it would give me an excuse to purchase new products:look:)

JJamiah

OKay so I washed my hair.... with WEN Vanilla Mint and..... I am not impressed tis far :nono: HUH! hope my next run is better with it. :cry2: