Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 1

xu93texas

I picked up trial sizes of AG Fast Food Leave-in conditioner and Redken All Soft Heavy Cream from Ulta this past weekend.

faithVA

I combined wheat germ oil, flax seed oil and jojoba oil to make a body oil. So will remove the jojoba oil from my hair stash. And still have 1/4 bottle of both wheat germ oil and flax seed oil. I will remember not to buy heavy oils for my hair. Can't do anything with them.

oooh yeah, and I threw out the Zuresh Leave-in. It had honey in it and no matter how I tried to doctor it, it was just sticky.

For my future reference, I only want to have
1 bottle of Terresentials Mud wash
2 bottles of White Camellia and maybe 1 bottle of GPB and 1 conditioner to cowash.
3. Not sure about the oils just yet, but the only heavy oil I will buy is some form of Castor oil for my scalp. I won't buy any butters.

Still not sure about my styling products or leave-ins/mist. But those changes should bring my stash back down to less than 20. :yep:

Last edited:

Ogoma

For my future reference, I only want to have
1 bottle of Terresentials Mud wash
2 bottles of White Camellia and maybe 1 bottle of GPB and 1 conditioner to cowash.
3. Not sure about the oils just yet, but the only heavy oil I will buy is some form of Castor oil for my scalp. I won't buy any butters.

Still not sure about my styling products or leave-ins/mist. But those changes should bring my stash back down to less than 20. :yep:

Listing things I want to be left with on here, help keep me on track and I love making lists :lol:.

LaidBak

Hmm, let's see, what do I want to have left when its all said and done? Probably just
- chelating/clarifying shampoo
-moisturizing shampoo
- one moisture instant condish
- one protein instant condish/reconstructor
- one moisture Deep Condish
- Roux PC
- one liquid leave in spray
- one creamy moisturizer
-one tub of butter
- grapeseed, sunflower, olive, and castor oils
- one growth aid-Ovation

Last edited:

xu93texas

What a great idea! By the end of session 3, I want to have only my hair care staples:
-a clarifying shampoo: KeraCare 1st Lather shampoo or Joico Chelating Shampoo
-a moisturizing shampoo: KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
-light protein conditioner: Aphogee 2 min.
-co-wash conditioner: Silk Elements Olive oil megasilk, Suave almond and shea butter
-Deep conditioners: Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque, Alter Ego Garlic Masque, Redken All Soft, ( I can't pick just one :lol:)
-Leave In conditioners: Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave in, Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea for sure. I need a creamy leave in as well. Maybe AG Fast Food or Redken All Soft Supple Touch (jury is still out on which one will be my staple)
-Moisturizer: Bee Mine Deja Hair Milk
-Natural oils: EVCO, hempseed oil, Hydratherma Naturals hair oil
-Growth aids: ?? Curious to try Hair Trigger oil
-Styling aids: PM Super Skinny Serum, Chi Silk Infusion, and Eco-styler gel

Last edited:

faithVA

I mixed 2 TBSP of EVOO & coconut oil and 1 TBSP of flax seed oil and wheat germ oil into my Shea Moisture Smoothie. So my flax seed oil and wheat germ oil are dwindling down.

Will be using my Shea Moisture Smoothie as my leave in from here on out. Will have to test it 1x to make sure I have enough oils in it. I may have to thin it out some more.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
So ummm I went to Ulta today and was in hair product heaven then I remembered that I was in this challenge. lol I ended up not buying anything but a staple conditioner which is good because Ulta seems to have every single expensive product that I want to try. Keeping my money in the bank is a good feeling. :D

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
My stash is growing :lol: Ok, ok, I am reigning it in. The Vitamin Shoppe was having a 20% off sale and then they gave me another 10% on top of that so I bought some conditioners. I couldn't pass it up. So I bought 2 AO White Camellias and 1 AO GPB. So I am stocked for a while.

But then today I went to the beauty supply store because it was beautiful outside and I didn't want to go home. So I bought a bottle of Taliah Waajid conditioner because I want to try cowashing with it instead of the Natures Gate conditioner. I don't think its the best conditioner for my hair. I think it makes my hair shrink up.

While at the BSS, I saw JBCO and HBCO which I have never seen before. So I bought one of each. I couldn't pass them up because they wouldn't be there the next time.

Ok so I will try to reign it in.

faithVA, imma beat you LOL. Your going to be on this challenge for the rest of your life heck.

Its springtime... I'm supposed to shop right :look:

No, not YOU at least.

Checking in! Haven't gotten rid of anything yet... actually bought three things since joining the challenge. *hangs head in shame* Currently working on using up most of my conditioners: Jason Biotin Conditioner, Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner, and Roux Porosity Control Conditioner. Been mixing them with coconut oil for my pre-treatments.

Meritamen, you new but you can get a beating too. Dont yall make me come to yall house and return yall products!

Ogoma

Used up a few things yesterday and today (still today on the west coast!): KBB Luscious Locks, TJ Tea Tree Tingle, Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner, CR Jansyn's Moisture Max Conditioner, and the remaining Monoi De Tahiti oil.

faithVA

I mixed my flax seed oil and wheat germ oil. I don't care for either so it doesn't matter if I mix them. So I will just say that I have a bottle of flax seed oil. I have 3/4 of a bottle and that's still a lot.

I am debating whether I am going to use up the Natures Gate Chamomile. I will try the Taliah Waajid herbal conditioner next week and see if I have better results. If I do, then I will get rid of the Nature's Gate.

But not probably going to use up much of anything soon

Keishadt

Checking in. No new products, and I have used up my AsIam Hydration Elation condi and I gave away my shampoo bar to my baby sister. Not a bad start to session 2!

BEAUTYU2U

About to use the last of my Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner tonight. I've found a replacement for those products - Chagrin Valley Butter Bar Conditioner (a shampoo bar).

This challenge has also seeped into my other beauty products. I'm slowly purging them also (lol) Thanks, ladies!

faithVA

About to use the last of my Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner tonight. I've found a replacement for those products - Chagrin Valley Butter Bar Conditioner (a shampoo bar).

This challenge has also seeped into my other beauty products. I'm slowly purging them also (lol) Thanks, ladies!

I want to try a shampoo bar. Just glad they don't sell any locally :yep:

JJamiah

Hello Ladies :)

I have finished a bottle of APhogee leave in, Aphogee Green tea, & my lottabody.
I am super happy to be finishing things up.

I am still on the last let on some of my other things, my wen Pumpkin is on it's last leg. I still have someone topping off my Nexxus Emergencee and thankgoodness they are. My alter Ego is also getting really low. I have actually dug into my stash to try other things. I am so proud I didn't buy anything new :)

Ladies Keep up the good work :) awesome job your doing :)

lamaria211

lamaria211 said:
Shampoos
Nexxus aloe rid shampoo
Kids Organics shea butter moisturising shampoo
Shea Moisture organic coconut and hibiscus poo
Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged hair (unused)
Hair One Hair Cleanser and conditioner for Curly Hair (unused)
Kerapro Shampoo for Dry to Very Dry Hair(unused)
Curls Creamy Curl Cleanser (unused)
ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo

Conditioners
Roux Porosity control condish
Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor (unused)
Roux Mendex hair repair treatment
Suave Humectant conditioner (unused)
Ion Luxury moisturizing conditioner
Megatek rebuilder
Bumble and bumble coco de creme conditioner (unused)
Ion smoothing masque (unused)
Beauty 4 Ashes Maximum moisture conditioner
Jasons Naturals Tea Tree condish
Naturalle Hemp condish
IC Deep Penetrating Moisturizing condish
Giovanni Smooth as silk deep moisture condish
Giovanni Tea Tree condish
Giovanni smooth as silk Xtreme protein hair infusion
Yes to Carrots Pampering condish (unused)
Biosilk Hydrating condish (unused)
Kenra moisturizing condish
Pantene breakage defense deep conditioning mask (unused)
Shea Moisture Deep treatment masque
BWC Moisture plus conditioner (unused)
Aubrey organics Rosa mosqueta condish
Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner
Matrix Biolage Ultra hydrating balm (unused)
Silk Elements Luxury conditioner
Herbal Essence long term relationship condish
Natures Gate aloe moisturizing condish
Aussie 3 minute miracke condish (unused)
ORS Replenishing Pak
Queen Helene Cholesterol
Silicon Mix Conditioner
Crece Pelo Phitoteraputic Treatment (unused)
Alter Ego Garlic Treatment (unused)
Redken Smooth Down Treatment (unused)
CHI Infra Treatment (unused)
Silk Elements mega silk moisturizing treatment (unused)
Kerapro Restorative Intense Treatment x2 (unused)
Kerapro Restorative Conditioner (unused)
Curls Coconut Curladd Condiioner
Giovanni 2Chic Brazilian Keratin & Argan Oil Ultra Sleek Conditioner (unused)
Kerastase Nutrative Oleo Relax Slim Masque (unused)
Elasta Qp Intense Fortifying Conditioner (unused
Nexxus Humectress old formula (unused)
Aussie Moist (unused)
Salma Hayek Nuance Intense Hydration Mask (unused)
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask
Cream of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment

Leave in conditioners
Creme of Nature leave in conditioner (unused)
Giovanni direct leave in condish
Aveeno Nourish and Condition leave in
Herbal Essence Long term relationship leave in condish
Aphogee provitamin leave in condish
As I Am leave in conditioner (unused)
Matrix Biolage ultra hydrating leave in condioner
Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
Crece Pelo Leave in conditioner (unused)
Silicon Mix leave-in (unused)
Salerm 21 b5 leave in conditioner (unused)
Bioluxe Miracle Leave in serum (unused)
Garnier Fructis Intensely Smooth Leave in Conditioning Cream (unused)
Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave in x2 (unused)
Macadamia Natural Oil Nourishinng Conditioner (unused)
Giovanni Brazilian Keratin & Argan Oil Ultra Sleek Leave-in (unused)
African Royal Braid Spray
Tresemme Split Remedy Leave in (unused)

Moisturizers ECT...
John Frieda Frizz Ease secret weapon flawless finishing creme (unused)
E.sen.cia Vanilla macadamia and sunflower styling creme (unused)
Herbal Esence Split end mender
Qhemet Burdock Root butter cream
Shea MOisture organic coconut and hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie
Gro Healthy milk protien and olive oil hair lotion
As I Am Double Butter Creme
Salma Hayek Nuance Blue Agave curl cream
Silk Elements Heat Protectant
CHI silk Infusion
Curls Curl Cream Brule (unused)
Kerastase Oleo Relax Slim Creme de Lissage (unused)
Baba de Caracol Crema de Piena (unused)
Elasta Qp Mango Butter (unused)
Ecostyler Olive Oil Gel (unused)
Eostyler Gel Clear (unused)
Elasta Qp Feels like silk Design Silk Thermal styling spray (unused)
Elasta Qp Design Foam
Keracare Blow Dry Lotion
Elasta Qp Glaze (love)
ORS Hair repair Intense Moisture Treatment
ORS Edge Control
Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade (unused)

Oils and Butters
Vitamin E oil
Extra virgin organic coconut oil
Extra virgin organic ollive oil
Vatika oil
Wild growth oil
Shea moisture reconstructor Elixir
Hawiaan Silky 14in one
Avocado oil
Jojoba oil
Africas Best Herbal oil
Rosemary essential oil
Rosemary essential lemon oil
Raw Mango butter
Raw shea butter
Cocoa butter

VITAMINS
Biotin 5000mg
MSM 1000
Greene & Greens Phyto Energy
Super B Complex
Prenatal One
Hair & Nail Vitamins

I had to update my stash

Last edited:

classoohfive

Used up the last of my Suave Milk and Honey conditioner to cowash out my henna touch-up. I should have just thrown it out. My hair didn't feel dry from the indigo when I did the first rinse with just water, but that conditioner sure did make it feel dry. :rolleyes:

faithVA

Used up my Shea Moisture Mist. Putting a real dent in my Joie Naturals Gel. So may use this each wash day to use it up.

faithVA

Hitting my joie naturals gel hard. Think I have one more use which I may do this weekend.

I broke down and bought my beloved sunflower oil and grapeseed oil :sad: :yippee:

I mixed my sheamoisture smoothie with flax seed oil and wheat germ oil. Hate the way it feels. So threw it out. Will start all over.

Relegating my flax seed oil and wheat germ oils to bath oils. Can't use them in my hair :nono: