Updated ADOPT-A-NEWBIE Challenge

I have to say Keclee23 is on top of her A game. I couldnt of been paired up w/ a better person!!! She has mapped out everything for my sisters and I. We will hit our goal length in no time w/ her. Very understanding and knows her stuff. She is writing up reggies for the three of us based off of what we do already and what she thinks will help. This was a great idea...cant wait to see results from everyone!!!

For the Newbies:

Hair Type: 4A ( I think)
Relaxed / Natural: Relaxed/Texlaxed
Starting Length: Collarbone
Hair Goal: 1st) Healthy and thick full APL 2nd) Healthy and thick full BSL
Current Challenges: HYH til Christmas, APL (6 mos) July to December
Current Problems: Retaining length, breakage/shedding
Anything you don't like to do: nothing immediately comes to mind

This thread just makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy. I'm looking forward to seeing all the progress of the lil sis's.:yay:

A BIG shout out to all of the big sis's. I admire you all for your commitment to helping the newbies, and not so newbies. Great job ladies! :rosebud: :rosebud:

Updates:

Sleekandbouncy: Chocalatediva, YUMMY28

Artemis_e. – ONAMSHN, Tashique

Divine Inspiration – Indigo’s Hair

bablou00 said:
I have to say Keclee23 is on top of her A game. I couldnt of been paired up w/ a better person!!! She has mapped out everything for my sisters and I. We will hit our goal length in no time w/ her. Very understanding and knows her stuff. She is writing up reggies for the three of us based off of what we do already and what she thinks will help. This was a great idea...cant wait to see results from everyone!!!

:blush: Thank You! I am glad to be paired up with such wonderful girls! All of them have been very patient with my mailing of their products. They all have been open and willing to my suggestions, which makes things like butta! So, please believe I will be praying for tail length for all my LHCF fellow hair sorority newbies!

Swing them pony tails ladies....;)

Keclee23 said:
:blush: Thank You! I am glad to be paired up with such wonderful girls! All of them have been very patient with my mailing of their products. They all have been open and willing to my suggestions, which makes things like butta! So, please believe I will be praying for tail length for all my LHCF fellow hair sorority newbies!

Swing them pony tails ladies....;)

What is the Seven Wonders cocktail in your siggy?

sugarose said:
Are you signing up as a newbie or a big sister?

Both...

My regime for my natural hair sucks. Yet, I have a good routine for taking care of your hair under your weave. My vitamin regime has been good at promoting growth as well.

My lil sis ShiShiPooPoo - ROCKS! She is so ready for Hair-U-Veda! :) I told her something at lunch time today and she got supplies this evening!:eek: :lol: She ain't playin yall! She's all about growing that huurrr! :grin:

Big shout to ShiSHiPooPoo! ;)

seymone said:
Awww.. Your going to make me cry Tee.. I am glad you have confidence in my regime. With your help, I will reach my goal of brastrap and beyond... You are the betest.. Two product junkies will always click. LOL

giggles. You are so right!
I am honored to have you as my little sister.

OMG! My Big Sister is the Truf!

Tsmith gave me a list of products to buy and last night I used them to wash and condition and then used a leave in and my hair feels so good and it looks good too!

I thought she might have been sellin wolf tickets but she really knows her stuff!
*Dancin/Singing* Im bout to grow me some haaaiiirrrr!!!!

Note to Big Sis: My hair is still very much in a protective style...I have not lost my mind:grin:

Hi everyone I'm a Newbie and I would love to be a part of this challenge. I was just wondering if it was to late to join in. I would love for someone with a similar type of hair and length or even longer than mind to work with. ( please someone adopt me) Thank you so much.:)

Hair Type: 4A
Relaxed / Natural: Relaxed
Starting Length: BSL
Hair Goal: Midback and longer
Current Challenges: Midback 2008
Current Problems: Breaking at nape and keeping over all mositure
Anything you don't like to do: I don't like to wear protective style all the time.

Last edited:
SugaRose.....Quick question. Since this is a three month challenge, will the reveal date be Oct. 1st??? Not sure I saw the date or not.

Letitia said:
SugaRose.....Quick question. Since this is a three month challenge, will the reveal date be Oct. 1st??? Not sure I saw the date or not.

Yes it will. I'll go update the challenge info post.

I totally missed this challenge. I know I probably will go on the waiting list. I will wait. This is such a great idea!
For the Newbies:

Hair Type: 4 a/b
Relaxed / Natural: Relaxed
Starting Length: Shoulder
Hair Goal: Brastrap
Current Challenges: APL in '08
Current Problems: Breaking, thinning and extreme dryness
Anything you don't like to do: weaves

I would love to join the challenge as well!! I'm a newbie...a COMPLETE newbie. I just started taking care and doing my own hair about a few weeks ago as still feel I have a long way to go! I'm not sure of my hair type, I'm relaxed and have full neck length hair (or shoulder length...?? here's my fotki http://public.fotki.com/Mrs-Charlie/ PW:airbornewifey). My first goal is APL and ultimate is BSL...

Sign-up's for Newbies are now closed. We still need more Big Sisters!!

Please check my first post for July 9th updates.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I wanna be a Big Sister!

Hair Type: 3c/4a (maybe neither, I'm confused by hair typing)

Relaxed / Natural: Natural with a little color (Bigen, as it doesn’t change my texture)

Anything you feel you are great at: Bagging, deep conditioning, protective styling, mastering haircare with cheapie products before investing in the "big bucks" products, hair strengthening, listening (a.k.a. reading) and patience.

Ground rules you feel strongly about: Keeping a journal is a must as a newbie!! Almost no heat during the challenge. You must graduate to that level after successfully maintaining a healthy state. Commitment to protective styles and finding what works for you (gradually). Phony ponies or wigs are okay, but I’m not as knowledgeable with weaves.

ETA (edited to add for the newbies):
My newbie must be willing to do a little homework each week. Syllabus will be given :lol: I'm not kidding either.

Last edited:
UP FOR ADOPTION
mturner0516

Hair Type: 4a/4b

Relaxed / Natural: Relaxed/texlaxed
Anything you feel you are great at: baggying,using no heat, dc, buying products, hiding my hair....I currently only wear weaves and wigs, but since im in the states a couple weeks I plan on making a trip to the aveda salon.
Ground rules you feel strongly about: I do not use heat except to do updates (which i haven't done since the begin of hair journey feb)

Don't mind doing homework and being open please understand that I currently live overseas so everything isn't as convenient however I've been on this board awhile so I have alot of knowledge, and hair products....

Now who wants to adopt me?

Jaegermany said:
OMG! My Big Sister is the Truf!

Tsmith gave me a list of products to buy and last night I used them to wash and condition and then used a leave in and my hair feels so good and it looks good too!

I thought she might have been sellin wolf tickets but she really knows her stuff!
*Dancin/Singing* Im bout to grow me some haaaiiirrrr!!!!

Note to Big Sis: My hair is still very much in a protective style...I have not lost my mind:grin:

Hey Jae - I'm cosigning on this one. And, for the record, even though I have the best relaxer of my life and enjoyed a lovely roller set, was my hair in a little bun today when I went to work? Why, yes, yes it was - protective styling all the way.:)

I guess no one wants to adopt me:sad: or I'm too late, either way:cry2: :cry2: ....I'll be good, I promise:littleang :littleang

I am not gonna be able to reveal october 1st bcos im in a HYH till XMAS challenge...however...I will take pics on October 1st to compare .I will reveal it along with Xmas reveals...TIA:)

sj10460 said:
I guess no one wants to adopt me:sad: or I'm too late, either way:cry2: :cry2: ....I'll be good, I promise:littleang :littleang

Sorry lovey...sign up is closed. But if there becomes an opening Sugarose will contact you....:cool:

Awww I can't believe I missed this thread I have got to stay out of Off Topic's so much. I would've loved to be adopted.

Back