New Adopt a Newbie Challenge!!

Oh bless u HoneyComb! Would you be my fairy god/hair mother ? This site is a little overwhelming and I need some guidance/advice on natural hair care.:drunk:

Hello all,

I am a newbie, just joined today, and could really use some guidance as well. Is it too late to be adopted? I am 4a, relaxed, el. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone!

Is it too late to be adopted. I'm a newbie:newbie:, just joined today. I'm really bad at the whole hair thing and desperately need a hair mommy. Please adopt me!!!
:attention:

Hair Type: 4b
Length: NL
Goal: SL, then BSL

Last edited:
Me too! I need someone!
Im a 4a transitioner who's 8 weeks post and I can't keep a hairstyle to save my life.
Had a weave, took it out in a week.
Had micros, took it out in a week.
Had a twist out washed it out the next day.
Had a bun took it out in a couple of hours:wallbash:

I'm still available to adopt a natural newbie. PM me if interested b/c I don't come to the hair forum all the time and may not see the updates to this thread.

I'm new and would like to be adopted. I have 3c/4a natural hair. It lives its own life.:look: Sometimes we agree and other times it rebells. If someone wants to be my hair god-mommy then pm me please. :blush:Thanx! :wiggle:

Oooooooohhhh I just saw this. I would love to be adopted by a natural or texturized 4b. I just took my locs out this week and now have no idea what to do with my hair. I can't even tell if it's healthy or not right now. I have had bad experiences with hairdressers in the past so I don't want to see a professional. I am sitting on the couch desperately looking for some guidance.

Tee

:antlers:I'm a poor chemical battered child that needs to be adopted by someone who can guide me to the natural life>>>:lachen::lachen::lachen:

No really someone help me please!!

Current style:relaxed
legnth: neck legnth (someone will have to teach me what all the MBL, BSL...and all that other stuff means)
Last touch up: Feb 2008

I'm not adopting because of my heavy schedule but i'm willing to answer PM question , I'm natural 4b!

I am a newbie and I am ready to get my life long hair troubles under control. Please adopt me.:yep:

Hair Type:4b
Current style:relaxed
length: neck length
Last touch up: Feb 2008
Goal: APL by December 2009

Help please

Rai

Hope I'am not too late, I REALLY need some help. Can someone please adopt me?

Current style: Relaxed
Length: Neck Length;
Last touch up: March 2008

am I too late? Ive been in the wilderness drowning in hair remedies :drowning: Ive O.D'd on suggestions:bookworm:, and now ready for rehab.
I have been natural for about 2 and a half years and I have no sucess story, Im longing for a caring, perservering and patient hair mommy, who knows about 4b difficult stubborn hair.
I knw it is alot to ask for but there must be someone out there that would be up for the ultimate challenge. :cup:
so hair mommy are you out there??? I need you mommsey, cum get me.xxxxx

oh and private message me because i dont go on here much cus of the confusion and information overload.
hope to speak to my new hair momma soon.

big hug and kiss

:sneakyhug:

Yet another newbie looking for a big sister. I'm a 3b/c thats basically at APL dreaming of being BSL. Any big sisters willing to coach??? :dazed:

Please, please pretty please, someone adopt me...please. I'm a :littleang :yep:.
I am transitioning and new to the whole hair care thing.

:pics:

blowdry2back3-vi.jpg
Length four weeks ago

newgrowth190408-vi.jpg
New growth

bo1-vi.jpg
Pinned up after taking out braids

Can you see...I need help :grin:.

MY STATS

Current Texture: Relaxed with two or so inches of new growth
Natural Hair Type:4a...I think.
Hair Length: Shoulder length
Last relaxer touch up: Jan 2008
Hair Goal: APL by end of 2008

PM me :peace:

I know that I am late, but I just saw this. I have requested before, to be adopted before I even knew you had an adopt a newbie challenge. I was natural (but I never did a big chop) for 4 years until November 2007. I put in a ORS olive oil relaxer at that time. By late January 2008, my hair started breaking very badly. I ran into a colleague who was a former-coworker of Carolyn Gray (of Blackwomansguide.com, creator of Healthy Hair in a Bottle products, and author of How to Have Healthier Hair in 6 Weeks ed.1-3). She shared with me the websites she consults about hair. This forum was one of them. So around February 2008, I started lurking this site. I started doing the baggy method and wearing wigs and buns as protective styling.

I've been following some of the regimens and I think I've become a product junkie. My moisturizing shampoos are: CON and Aphogee. My others or clarifiers (I think) are: Parnevu, Pantene Pro-V, Suave Humectant, Cantu. My conditioners are: Queen Helene Cholesterol, LeKair Cholesterol, Parnevu, Suave Humectant, Pantene Pro-V, QPElasta DPR-11, Mizzani Moisturefuse, Keracare Humecto, CON Nurishing conditioner, and Cantu. My leave-ins are: Apho-ghee Green Tea Reconstructor, Apho-ghoee 2 min. protein treatment, Canu Shea-Butter Leav-in, ElastQP Mango butter, Hollywood Carrot and Olive Oils, S-Curl, Moisture Max Hair Moisture Replacement Mist (luv this). My sealers are: Hot Six Oil Mist, a mixture of glycerin, aloe vera, castor oil, and wild growth oil. I also have just bought some Equate MN 2% from Wal-Mart (yesterday). I also bought some vanilla yogurt to use on my hair. I also use Seabreeze to cleanse my scalp in between co-washes and shampoos. I think I have too much stuff. I am trying them to see which ones I really like on my hair.

I still have some Infusium 23, some ORS soy and tea tree oil, some Oil Sheen protein treatment, some Moisture Max Olive Oil, some instant hair repair by Moisture Max, some BB's hair lotion w/ castor oil and a few others. I think I've become obsessed! There is a Beauty Supply just before you enter my neighborhood.

I need to be adopted by someone who is tried and true. I don't want to relax for a long time. When I co-wash and take good care of my hair, I don't feel I need a relaxer. I don't want to cut my hair either. It used to be very thick and long back in college and in my younger years. Now I have some thinning spots at the crown and temples. Probably in part from having Dooky braids done by this African lady who did it tooo tight:nono:.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I really want my hair back. My mom just shampoos and conditions with Tresemme (which she started because of me in my younger days) and her hair is down her back. When I was in college, I just used CON and Queen Helene Cholesterol and sometimes Optimum. I also used Nexxus Therapy and the Aussie 3-minute Miracle Line.

Well, I gotta' go. Someone adopt me, please:yep::newbie::newbie::baby2:

Back