ADOPT-A-NEWBIE

Sistaslick said:
I wanna be a Big Sis :wave:

But just know that my newbies gone be heatless and protective styling round the clock for the next three months or they're getting cut. :lol:

:whip: She layin' down da laaaaw!! :lol: :lol:

I'm up for being a big sis but ya gotta think outside of the traditional haircare box with me! :yep:

Sistaslick said:
I wanna be a Big Sis :wave:

But just know that my newbies gone be heatless and protective styling round the clock for the next three months or they're getting cut. :lol:

:lol: LOL!...

I think this is a great idea. So how does one define the role of a Big Sis? Like are they to recommendinh certain products, supplements, oversee the newbies process and progress? I sure would love to be a big sis, but like Sistaslick I might have to make a few cuts! My program is rigerous:
Heat is limited! All products must be approved before use (LOL), ends must be clipped periodically (we not dragging no dead weight around), etc, etc. and last but not least YOU MUST OBEY THE BIG SISTA :lol:

No really, I am a nice person. :look:

kittenz said:
I'd like a big sis but I AIN'T WEARING MY HAIR UP!!! This is def. a problem for me because I know how much it would help but this mega doom of mine aint having it. I got a head big enough to house a football game and slicking my hair in bun, french roll of other protective styles I know of just won't work. As stupid as this my sound, the bigger my hair the smaller my head looks (I guess people think my hair is what's making my head "look" big - at least I hope.) And on top of that my nape is torn up (I currently working on this problem area). I know, I'm a problem child. So with all that being said: Anyone wanna adopt me?:angel:

ETA: Braids work for me but they cost money I don't have and although I know how to do them myself I need at least a work off of work to complete.

:lol: I have a big 4 head too:lol: but I add bangz, to cover that 4 head up. Just food for thought;)

Keclee23 said:
:lol: LOL!...

I think this is a great idea. So how does one define the role of a Big Sis? Like are they to recommendinh certain products, supplements, oversee the newbies process and progress? I sure would love to be a big sis, but like Sistaslick I might have to make a few cuts! My program is rigerous:
Heat is limited! All products must be approved before use (LOL), ends must be clipped periodically (we not dragging no dead weight around), etc, etc. and last but not least YOU MUST OBEY THE BIG SISTA :lol:

No really, I am a nice person. :look:

Sure you are:perplexed :lachen:

I'd love a big sis too, although I've been here for quite some time now, I still consider myself a freshmen when it comes to proper hair care for natural hair:)

I've come out of lurking for this thread. I'm a newbie and this is my first post. I would love to have a "big sis" for hair guidance. I just have one thing to say to whoever adopts me. I've spent about $200 in the last month on products (pj'ism) and I refuse to purchase any more so I need to use what I have for whatever regimen I'm given. Other than that, I'm willing to do whatever.

BTW, I dont' use heat and wear protective styles daily.

lolo2470 said:
I've come out of lurking for this thread. I'm a newbie and this is my first post. I would love to have a "big sis" for hair guidance. I just have one thing to say to whoever adopts me. I've spent about $200 in the last month on products (pj'ism) and I refuse to purchase any more so I need to use what I have for whatever regimen I'm given. Other than that, I'm willing to do whatever.

I'm Glad you came out of lurking!! ;)

lolo2470 said:

:lol: :lol: Alrighty then....yeah, who ever gets you should understand..thumbs up to the no heat and protective styles.

I want La Flaca to adopt me, she has my ideal hair! I heart her hair and she does rollersets a lot and I can deal with that. Or the pink roller skate lady (sorry can't remember your actual screen name thingie) because she has natural hair like me! So if either of you are listening...ADOPT ME PLZ!!!! LOL! I need the help...badly. I will do all that you command!

marie170 said:
yeah right...you need to voluteer to be a big sis:)

Oooh no!:nono: I have some undercover hair issues that need to be taken care of b4 I volunteer for big sis:lol: . I still haven't mastered the basics yet.

I would love to be a big sis...Pokahontas is already mine for over a year now, she just didn't know it! :D :D :D

I am natural with 3b/3c texture

I don't mind if you want to wear your hair out on occasion, but I do understand the law of protective styles too.

I'm not ruthless when it comes to being a PJ

I love to talk, so you can come to me at anytime for any problem you may have

Well, that's just a small portion, so if you want me to be your big sis, let me know.

Blessings.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind being a big sis. Don't have all that much time put in here at LCHF, but I have a good hold on what the board has to offer (information wise)
(PJ's UNITE!) :sekret:

Oh won't someone please adopt me!!! :creatures I'll be the bestest little sis in the whole world!

...AND I'm an only child!

Ineedhair said:
I'd like to join too. I need help in certain areas.

Girl, no you didn't just say you want to join!! :D I nominate Ineedhair to be a big sister. :lachen:

Your progress is phenomenal!!!

Can I have a Mommy:lachen:instead? I don't always do what big sis says. I know for sure "mommy" want what's best for me:grin:. Sisters tend to get jealous sometimes:p.

Someone pick me please;).

Ohh tats soo cool this is a good idea i want to adopt someone or will somebody ADOPT me PLZZZZ lol well any1 im here lol...so when does this start
???????

divinefavor said:
Girl, no you didn't just say you want to join!! :D I nominate Ineedhair to be a big sister. :lachen:

Your progress is phenomenal!!!

Okay, I have made progress growth wise but my hair is breaking in some areas and my nape is a H.A.M. Once I see a significant improvement in my nape and crown, I will volunteer to be a big sis...

Now y'all stop poking fun at me and give me some dang assistance:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: .

ETA: Is this mentoring program only for length?

Last edited:
:lachen: :lachen: Girl, I feel you on the nape. My nape and edges are my problem areas. I've made some progess with the nape, it's slow but it's still some progress.

Ineedhair said:
Okay, I have made progress growth wise but my hair is breaking in some areas and my nape is a H.A.M. Once I see a significant improvement in my nape and crown, I will volunteer to be a big sis...

Now y'all stop poking fun at me and give me some dang assistance:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: .

ETA: Is this mentoring program only for length?

Girl, I wasn't poking fun at ya. I was serious, your hair looks healthy in your pics. Just because you may be having some issues currently, it doesn't mean that you don't know what your doing. Our hair is in a constant state of flux. What makes you experienced is knowing what to do when the issues come up.

I wouldn't think that it is only for length. Most of the time it is difficult to achieve length (for any period of time) without health.

divinefavor said:
:lachen: :lachen: Girl, I feel you on the nape. My nape and edges are my problem areas. I've made some progess with the nape, it's slow but it's still some progress.

Yes and the bolded frustrates me. I am now seeing progress with my edges but my nape is still awful.

GoldenBreeze said:
Girl, I wasn't poking fun at ya. I was serious, your hair looks healthy in your pics. Just because you may be having some issues currently, it doesn't mean that you don't know what your doing. Our hair is in a constant state of flux. What makes you experienced is knowing what to do when the issues come up.

I wouldn't think that it is only for length. Most of the time it is difficult to achieve length (for any period of time) without health.

Thanks Goldenbreeze:) ...I do understand what you are saying about the bolded. I've been battling nape problems for years and I can't seem to get it right.

Back