Uneven Growth

mscece1

Hello all, i'm a new subscriber and this is my first post. After reading rave reviews on Nioxin Vitamins two months ago i decided to give them a try. I used Nioxin Shampoo and Condtioner before and it made my baby fine hair the thickest it had been in ten years. After two years of using it I go bored and started using something else. In the past two months since using the vits my hair has grown about 2 inches or more. The problem is it's very uneven some parts are supper long other parts seem like they may have broken or not grown at all. Has anyone else experienced this?

theLovelyStyle

Uneven hair can be normal. My left side grows a bit faster than my right side - even after trimming them even, months later one still has and advantage over the other.

But before thinking the above, I would make sure that anything else that you are doing to your hair is not causing breakage.
How is your regimen?
How are you styling your hair?
How are you caring for it at night?

In addition, I believe vitamins can help aid with growth, but they won't be the only (or nearly the most important ) factor involved.

It will help to look at how your hair is being treated externally as well.

mscece1

Thanks for responding Lovely your hair is gorgeous girl. Ok, im in CA bay area we've had a really nice summer not to hot just right i wore my hair down the entire summer. I would shamp and dc under the dryer then flat iron weekly along with wrapping nightly. This was my reggie from May up until three weeks ago. What made me think it was the vits vs. the flat iron is my hair was all even and healthy looking two in a half months ago when i starting taking them now it looks like a different head of hair. For the past three weeks i have not flat ironed I have been co washing every other night and moist and seal on cowash night. I don't know what to do any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MzSwift

Now that you've stopped the weekly flat iron, perhaps you'll begin to see a difference in your retention. Uneven growth is one thing, but breakage is indicative of improper handling/manipulation.

Are you able to incorporate a low manipulation regi? If you were to do both (vitamins + low manipulation), I think you'd see some great results!

GL! :)

Last edited:

mscece1

For the past three weeks i've been wearing a bun. I'm gonna stick with the vitamins and give up all heat for a while even no more DC under the dryer for now on I will DC w/o heat. I'm still working on my regimine but im sure my hair will benefit from bunning and no more blow dryers and flat irons. I do like the vits cause since taking them i seem to have more energy.