Uneven Hair Growth

babyu21

Lately I have noticed my hair is growing unevenly. A few stylists in the past have asked who cut my hair and why it was so uneven, but I just thought it was a bad cut.

Recently I got an totally even cut because I was tired of the layers and my hair is really uneven once again. One side is a lot longer than the other. I thought I was tripping until my mom did my hair and noticed it too.

She mentioned the hair on my left side was significantly longer than the hair on my right. I am glad she said something because I was really wondering what was going on. I think it may be due to the fact that I tend to wrap my hair to one side more often than the other or something.

Has anyone else experienced this? :perplexed

When I used to wrap my hair years ago, this is what happened! One side would be significantly longer than the other :nono: A few years ago I learned how to crosswrap from this board and I never looked back :drunk:

Last edited:
I tried cross wrapping once and my hair didn't come out as nice as when I do the traditional wrapping method. I may have to try it again because I am trying to go without trims for at least 6 months and I can not deal with uneven hair.

Is it possible that one side just grows faster? Many people actually experience this.

I believe my left side grows faster. It's always been longer (while the right was thicker?) I cut it even last year but the left was a good inch longer. Oh and i've never wrapped my hair in my life so, i've just concluded that that side grows faster.

I'm happy that wrapping was mentioned. I was going to suggest that it was uneven growth but if wrapping is causing breakage on one side then it's either cross wrapping or regular cuts.

My hair was growing in uneven so I cut it. I could kick myself and wished I would have left it alone because soon the rest of the hair passed the area I cut. So I should have just hung in there. I think I read something about certain areas growing at different times.

Of course breakage is a different story.

I am glad I am not the only one noticing this issue. The next time I go for a trim, likely in May, I will discuss it with my hairdresser. It just might be that my hair is growing unevenly and its just something I will have to deal with in the future. I would really hate to have to give up wrapping my hair at night, its just so quick and easy.

I have the exact same issue. My right-side is significantly longer than my left side, yet, it seems my left side is thicker.....wassup with that? :ohwell:

That happened to me for a while in the beggining of my HHJ. For me it was b/c I was sleeping on the same side night after night. I had to make a conscious effort to change positions while sleeping.

i had the same issue my left side was waaay longer than the right side by 2-2.5 inches..my left side was pretty much touching WSL while my right side was hoovering between MBL&WSL so i went to great clips and got it cut even,now its full MBL.im glad i cut it because it feels so much thicker now and it doesnt look as retarted lol

I have the exact same issue. My right-side is significantly longer than my left side, yet, it seems my left side is thicker.....wassup with that? :ohwell:

:yep: This is me exactly! My right seems to grow longer and straighter and the left is shorter but thicker

Prudent1 is ABSOLUTELY right. It could come from sleeping on the same side. I sleep on my left and that side is MUCH thinner and shorter. Its so uncomfortable sleeping on my back or right side but i try to also make a conscious effort to switch it up. Its so annoying having to cut one deformed side frequently because of it.

Back