TYPE 4= RELAXED & NATURALS.....post your "current" REGIMEN

hothair

My "current" reggie (and I mean like right now) is to DC on dry hair with some Vatika oil 1-2x a week, then co-wash, detangle then put WEN on soaking wet hair and let dry, seal with EVOO. That's it. My hair's looking lush>>

me-c

I found this site last year 2 days after I BC'd and before that I was one of those wmen who had no idea how to care (health wise) for my hair. I often wore weaves, braids, etc (not as protective styles but to look cute) and when I wasn't I was putting hot curlers in my hair everyday without heat protectant. Got a relaxer every 6 weeks religiously..... I was just ignorant of how to care for the health of my hair. I didn't know what a co-wash was. I didn't know what sealing was, didn't know about protein/moisture.....I didn't know any of that. I said all of that to say that my regimen is new to me and I am still trying to figure it out myself. I just started this new regimen after I got my relaxer a couple of months ago.

Shampoo- once a week with Pureology Hydrate shampoo or a Sulfate free shampoo. (I use Aphogee 2 minuter reconstructor every other week.) Deep condition usually with ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing conditioner. Apply my Pureology Instant Repair leave in, . Apply Qhemet biologics burdock root butter, usually seal with sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Let air dry or roller set.

Co-wash- Once or twice weekly with Sauve Humectant. Follow same steps as I do after a shampoo (except for the Aphogee).

Nightly- I usually apply unrefined shea butter seal with coconut oil and roll my hair with satin covered rollers. Cover with my silk scarf.

Clarifying, Heavy protein treatments, and trims I do when needed.

I am currently attempting to stretch relaxers for 12 weeks. Today I made 9 weeks post. I am shooting for July 20. So far so good.

If I use direct heat then I apply my FHI hot sauce heat protectant before.:yep:

MizzBrit

reggie:
keep hair plaited under wig for protective style
moisture spray morning and night
oil about 2-3x a week
co wash when needed
protein treatment when needed
detangle 1x a month

Last edited:

Pooks

I'm a 4a/4b natural.

I wash my hair once a week in six sections. I boil water and then refrigerate it b/c I suspect I have hard water.

Please share the difference you feel in your hair when you use boiled water darlingdiva.

--

Wash Day:
I shampoo once a week (Giovanni TTT/Smooth as Silk or AO HSR), follow up with a DC with one or a mixture of AO HSR, GBP, WC conditioners.

Use Shea Amla on the length of my hair, and QB AOHC on the ends, two strand twist and then bantu knot the twists to dry and stretch my hair.

Main Styling:
A few days later after stretching with large plaits overnight I get my protective style of choice done whether it be plaits, twists, canerows (no hair added), and wear those for 3-5 weeks depending on the size. I wash and cowash as needed while in PS.

Maintenance:
I oil my scalp when I feel like it, and spritz my hair (I like diluted QB Karkady Tea Mist for this) and seal my ends daily.

Vits:
Chlorella, MSM and Biotin

Last edited:

Pooks

TYPE 4 NATURALS

WHAT IS YOUR BEST LEAVE IN CONDITIONER/DETANGLER ?????

Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee is a great detangler for me. I also tried the Kinky Curly Knot Today as a detangler on dry hair recently and really liked it except it encouraged shrinkage.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee is a great detangler for me. I also tried the Kinky Curly Knot Today as a detangler on dry hair recently and really liked it except it encouraged shrinkage.

SEE THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I ASKED:perplexed
i was about to order 15 bottles of KNOT TODAY last nite with the discount code BDAY15 and I had already been researching ....realizing most of the ladies who boasted of this product had extremely curly or type 3 textures (not all but some). Even kimmay is searching for another product.

Everyone keeps naming Mane & Tail though (shrugs) i need a great leave in & detangler

chasturner84

Each week:
Shampoo with Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo or AO GPB Shamppo (depending on how hair feels) > Use rinse out condish: AO Island naturals > DC with Kenra Moisturizing Condish mixed with ApHogee 2 minute with heat for 30 mins > finger detangle while rinsing and use Roux PC for 30 seconds > rinse with cool water and lightly towel dry>apply Rusk leave in or GVP leave in and seal with oil > air dry

If I'm stretching I use silicon mix after the DC to help detangle.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
how does rinsing your hair with cold water as final rinse help? i know it closes the cuticle but how does that help in the hair process?

lovelexi

One of my absolute fave products is jojoba oil. Its lightweight and non-greasy even though its an oil.

suburbanbushbabe

1600+ views and only 46 posts? Interesting.

I shampoo once for every 3-4 co-washes
Condition or use deep conditioner as conditioner and finger detangle
Overlay that with some castor oil or butter type product
Cold-water rinse
Apply a conditioner or conditioner type leave in, occasionally a curl cream
If conditioner leave-in, overlay with a smidge of butter on ends
Apply a gel
Scrunch out drippies with Curls LIke Us Cloth
Air dry or diffuse

Usually go for 2-3 days before wetting/washing again. On those days I'll scrunch in a little Devacurl Set it Free + a peasized bit of a butter, and smooth a moisturizing cream or butter on the ends that need it.

My current products are in my Fotki.

katblack

I am still working on a regimen, hopefully I can get it right.
For the most part:

-I shampoo monthly.
-Monthly henna treatments.
-Finger detangle.
-Moisturize daily(with oils or moisturizers)
-Deep condition once a week protein/moisture rotation.
-cowash mid week.
-Pretty much do twist/braid outs during weekdays and gel on the weekends.

Also, I am thinking detangling once per week*shrugs*

Last edited:

Stacy TheLady

Current Reggie:
Pre poo monthly (after undoing braids) with Fenugreek, coconut oil, amla oil & garlic concoction.
Poo with Arnica & Ginseng poo (monthly after pre poo)
Once Weekly: Co wash with Vo5 Moisture Milks Strawberry & Cream
Bi Weekly: DC on dry hair with Queene Helene Cholesterol Condish or Lustrasilk Shea Butter & mango Cholesterol Condish mixed with Olive Oil
Moisturize: Profectiv Growth Oil or Cream, Rice Bran Oil or Nature's Blessings Hair Pomade & coconut Oil
Seal with Glycerine and castor Oil

Favorite Products:
Lustrasilk
Rice Bran Oil
Amla Oil (Emami Brand)
Profectiv Growth/Anti breakage line
Vo5 moisture milks conditioners
coconut oil
Vitamin B complex

I am natural 4a (i think)

janda

SEE THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I ASKED:perplexed
i was about to order 15 bottles of KNOT TODAY last nite with the discount code BDAY15 and I had already been researching ....realizing most of the ladies who boasted of this product had extremely curly or type 3 textures (not all but some). Even kimmay is searching for another product.

Everyone keeps naming Mane & Tail though (shrugs) i need a great leave in & detangler

Is there a sale? Where? :grin:

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!

Cold-water rinse
Apply a gel
Air dry or diffuse

Usually go for 2-3 days before wetting/washing again. On those days I'll scrunch in a little Devacurl Set it Free + a peasized bit of a butter, and smooth a moisturizing cream or butter on the ends that need it.

OT: I just love it when you post your siggy is so pretty! I know I will have a full head of gray soon like my ma and g-ma I started at a young age and every time I see your pic I send out a little prayer its as pretty as yours :yep:

sithembile

I'm a 4b relaxed transitioning to natural, I'm 4 months post.

Current regimen:
Shampoo once to twice a week with Elasta creme conditioning shampoo or Keracare sulfate-free hydrating detangling shampoos
Sometimes I'll pre-poo with oils (hemp, coconut, wheatgerm)
DC with or without heat after each wash, staples are Nexxus Humectress, Joico Moisture Recovery balm. Use protein every 2 weeks (Nexxus Keraphix)
Slap on my leave in (Giovannis or Nutterlicious) and detangle
Seal with EVCO or jojoba oil and air dry
Moisturise nightly with Nutterlicious leave in and shea butter
Apply JCBO, MT & essential oil mix to my edges & nape
I mainly use half wigs, weaves or braids so my hair is always protected whilst I transition.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Cold-water rinse
Apply a gel
Air dry or diffuse

i know right?:lachen: i think every1 just wants to know your regimens just as is do! lmao
thank you so much for listing your regimen

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Each week:
Shampoo with Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo or AO GPB Shamppo (depending on how hair feels) > Use rinse out condish: AO Island naturals > DC with Kenra Moisturizing Condish mixed with ApHogee 2 minute with heat for 30 mins > finger detangle while rinsing and use Roux PC for 30 seconds > rinse with cool water and lightly towel dry>apply Rusk leave in or GVP leave in and seal with oil > air dry

If I'm stretching I use silicon mix after the DC to help detangle.

what's silicon mix???

Researching

TYPE 4 RELAXED & NATURALS

WHAT IS YOUR BEST LEAVE IN CONDITIONER/DETANGLER ..... MOISTURIZER?????
[/SIZE]
Hair Type: Thick Strands 4B Texlaxed (not by choice, hair just won't get straight)
Fav Leave In: S-curl & Profective Break Free
Fav Cons: ORS replenishing & Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose