CHI vs FHI vs SEDU (hopefully this will help my decision)

Extremus

Which is best for Type 4 relaxed hair? :grin:

I'ver heard lots of raves for each, but a few disadvantages depending on your hair type and if your relaxed or natural . SO this is why I ask your favorite flat-iron, your hair type, AND sometime whether your natural or relaxed.

Thanks.

ETA: Please don't suggest the Maxiglide. I can't stand it! :lol:

Last edited:

chocolatethai

my friend came over last week and brought her sedu with her, she did my hair, i'm relaxed i think type 4b, and i ordered one the next day:grin: i havent tried the chi or fhi but the sedu had me really feeling myself:lachen:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I have and :love: a FHI 207RVI. I'm a relaxed 4a (I think) and it gets my hair straight with one pass. It also works wonderfully on my natural 4a daughter and natural hubby's uber thick, course 4bxyz hair. And I don't even have to use the highest setting, either! :D

SoOoNY

Back in the day when i didnt know anything about flat irons my friend put my on to a chi turbo... I think I am a 3c/4a and it worked wonders.

I plan on getting a new flat iron. I am gonna purchase a original chi first but if that doesn't work out imma exchange it for a FHI

bluevalentine

i'm relaxed 4b, and out of those 3 i've only used the FHI, the 207RVI. it works great (even though i'm feelin my 1" revlon ceramic a little more--go figure). i would definitely recommend an FHI.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I'm a transitioning 4 something(a/b, I've even heard 3c once :ohwell:) and I've used the chi, the sedu, and I've used an ion iron; I like the chi when it's done professionally, hated the sedu, and I like the results I got from my ion (pics in my fotki)

complexsimplicity

I would like to know this answer too. I haven't used any of these flat irons but I'm leaning towards the fhi bc I'll only be using it for my roots and I've seen reviews where u can practically lay the fhi right against ur scalp without burning urself...can anyone attest to this?

Gemini350z

I have and :love: a FHI 207RVI. I'm a relaxed 4a (I think) and it gets my hair straight with one pass. It also works wonderfully on my natural 4a daughter and natural hubby's uber thick, course 4bxyz hair. And I don't even have to use the highest setting, either! :D

cosigning love my FHI, I actually purchased the Sedu at the same time and ended up taking the Sedu back, because it did not make my hair turn out as straight or shiny as the FHI!!! HTH

CHEEKQUEEN

I have the Sedu. But, I have had my hair straightened at the salon for the past 3 months with the FHI and I love how silky smooth my hair gets. My hair moves and shakes with hardly no effort. It stays pretty straight for a week if I stay out of the sun or don't sweat too much. I am transitioning so my hair tends to revert when my scalp sweats. I have straightened my hair once with my Sedu but I don't trust myself flat ironing with high heat on my own. I will use it at a lower heat and my hair still gets pretty straight and silky. I have pics in my album May, Juny and July.

Extremus

I have the Sedu. But, I have had my hair straightened at the salon for the past 3 months with the FHI and I love how silky smooth my hair gets. My hair moves and shakes with hardly no effort. It stays pretty straight for a week if I stay out of the sun or don't sweat too much. I am transitioning so my hair tends to revert when my scalp sweats. I have straightened my hair once with my Sedu but I don't trust myself flat ironing with high heat on my own. I will use it at a lower heat and my hair still gets pretty straight and silky. I have pics in my album May, Juny and July.

Wow. I liked what the FHI did to your hair :yep:

DaDragonPrincess

I would get them all, My flat iron goal is to get one more FHI and a Pink Camo Chi, but my first pick would be FHI, and get a CHI later on. Get that FHI first,lol.

shtow

I am a bonelaxed relaxed 4a. I own both CHI and SEDU. SEDU HANDS DOWN! Silky hair errytime lol

malachi74

i have a chi and don't find it too impressive. i want to buy the newest sedu b/c of all the reviews on folica.com.

Extremus

Well, I've decided on the FHI. Unlike the CHI, it has tourmaline (which I read that it's the best type of flat iron) and control settings. Thanks ladies! I found the FHI 207RVI (1") for $72, free shipping, at www.frizzy2silky.com

ETA: Just bought it. :yay: Now have to wait a week to try it. :whyme: ugh. I'm so impatient

Last edited:

The Princess

If you buy a CHI make sure to get the one with the adjustable heat control. I had the one without and it gets super hot and it smells like your hair is buring. Also the thermal protector works well with it. My hair go straight and smelled burnt, but wasn't cause i had the heat protector. Unfortunately it blew out in a week.

naaturelle

I love my CHI, but I never used FHI or Sedu. I use the Thermal Heat protectant spray which is really light on the hair but really makes a difference. I've seen my hair go through the remaining of this year without the frequent ends splitting like it did before in 07. I use CHI's silk infusion and the heat protectant spray all over my hair. I thought I might not need any of it since I began transitioning but when I straighten my hair it still works wonders and makes it look like it was relaxed