Pantene Relaxed and Natural

jaibee

Has anyone used the Pantene products for relaxed hair? What's your opinion of it? Does it seem to really be geared towards relaxed hair, or is it the same ol' pantene in a brown bottle? I cannot use their original products, they make my hair too tangled. Please tell me your hair type as well. I'm a 4a/b.

Cres81

Hi Jaibee, I am a 4a/b as well. I have tried most of the product line such as the shampoo, conditioner,
and the moisture cream. I thought that the shampoo was fairly good. It didn't strip my hair and
my hair felt soft after using the shampoo. The conditioner I use more frequently. I alternate use
of the conditioner with my Suave conditioner for conditioner washes. The moisturizer is really
nice if your hair works well with light creams. My hair doesn't like heavy oils because it dirties my
hair, therefore the Pantene moisturizer works well. I have yet to try the other products in the
line. I hope this helps!

jaibee

Thanks Cres, I've heard lots of good things about the products. Does anyone know where i can get an ingredient list online?

Chichi

Well, as for me it felt good lathering up in the shower but when my hair was dry, it felt dried out. Also, it says that it contains natural oils and vitamins but I couldn't find them listed in the ingredients....

just my two cents...

Chichi

JenJen2721

I'm still waiting on my Pantene R&N samples. I would like to try the line, but don't want to spend money on it.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still waiting on my Pantene R&N samples. I would like to try the line, but don't want to spend money on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still waiting too.

AJamericanDiva

I actually have both the shampoo and the conditioner and have used both, even though I mostly use the conditioner for my CO washes. The ingredients are as follows...

Shampoo:
Water, Petrolatum, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Lauric Acid, Trihydroxystearin, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Guar Hydroxyporpyl Tirmonium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Benzoate, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Disodium EDTA, PEG-14M, Panthenol.

Conditioner:
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alchohol, Stearamidoporpyl Dimethylamine, Simmondsia Chineses (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Benzy Alcohol, Fragance, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, EDTA, Panthenol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Phew!!! Hope this helps!!!
I love the conditioner though!!!!

AJamericanDiva

Forgot to add, a lot of the users of the Smooth and Sleek said it shared the same ingredients only difference being the addition of the oils....

EbonyEyes

[ QUOTE ]
Forgot to add, a lot of the users of the Smooth and Sleek said it shared the same ingredients only difference being the addition of the oils....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right. In fact "Smooth and Sleek" and "Daily Moisture Renewal" also have the same ingredients. And the difference between S&S and R&N conditioners is the jojoba oil and coconut oil in the R&N.

-Ebony

ineedmoney

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you 2!!! gosh proctor & gamble get it togehter!

Nacai23

I have a question:

Why do companies think that petrolatum is good for black hair? When they market something towards us, it has crappy ingredients. I couldn't help observing that the second ingredient in this crap is Petrolatum.

LondonDiva

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right. In fact "Smooth and Sleek" and "Daily Moisture Renewal" also have the same ingredients. And the difference between S&S and R&N conditioners is the jojoba oil and coconut oil in the R&N.

-Ebony

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you know they put like a 1ml drop of each oil in the product. Like it even makes a difference.

Tracy

I don't think they think it's good - I think they think we require it - in other words if it doesn't "feel" heavy or greasy enough we won't use it...

And many of us will not...we will pass it right up and swear it's a "white" product and not for use in our hair.

LondonDiva

True. I wonder if they even did a poll before putting together this line? I mean it's not like we have a shortage of shampoo and conditioners geared towards us already.

jaibee

I don't know why companies do that. Kind of like washing your hair with something that has vaseline on it. I think I'm gonna stick with paul mitchell and design essentials.

Nanyanika

My hair is natural 4a/4b so finding products that work with my hair texture is difficult. However, whilst looking through Adrienne's photo album, and seeing what Pantene- Smooth & Sleek did for her hair, I was inspired to try it.

I was pleased with the results. Yesterday, I conditioned with Pantene Pro-v smooth and Sleek, for 1 hour. My hair felt amazing, really smooth, shiny and moisturised, plus it has superior detangling qualities, one of the best conditioners I have ever used.

Thanks Adrienne