Type 3s & Type 4s Get In Here! I'm Curious About Something..

State Hair Texture and Hair Length

• Type 3 w/ Fine Hair

Votes: 22 10.1%
  • Type 3 w/ Medium Hair

Votes: 23 10.6%
  • Type 3 w/ Coarse Hair

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Type 4 w/ Fine Hair

Votes: 55 25.2%
  • Type 4 w/ Medium Hair

Votes: 54 24.8%
  • Type 4 w/ Coarse Hair

Votes: 33 15.1%
  • Type 3 & Type 4 Fine with at least APL hair

Votes: 31 14.2%
  • Type 3 & Type 4 Medium with at least APL hair

Votes: 32 14.7%
  • Type 3 & Type 4 Coarse with at least APL hair

Votes: 12 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Type 4ish with fine strands. I have A LOT of hair though so it looks thick even though the strands themselves are not.

This is me as well.

I totally misdiagnosed (lol) my hair starting out on here.

I used to consider myself thick, coarse, resistant - a lot of that was just learning the right way to take care of my hair. But I tend to think im more medium, meaning, I dont think I need to be using Super relaxers, lls

Thanks! I was trying to figure out if my hair was medium or coarse. I'm not sure. My hair has the tendency to 'appear' really thick and so it gives it the impression that I have coarse strands, but it's really not. I think I have a lot of fine/medium strands. When my hair is straightened, it looks really fine though.

I still don't have this hair type thing down packed, but it seems my hair is more dense than actually having thick / coarse strands. I concider myself 3c/4a/4b mix with fine / medium strands of high density :yep:

4a...I'm transitioning, so there may be some 3c in there, but I'm not sure yet. I have course, medium strands.

I am still uncertain of my hair type, in one of thehairlabs threads I posted under 3c but I think I am just a combo between 3b/3c/4a with fine natural hair. I believe I am also BSL

have you done the "1 ply of a 2-ply sewing thread" test?

Mwedzi,
I was google searching this and testing hair strand thickness, and I am having a hard time finding information. Where did you find the information for this?

Mwedzi,
I was google searching this and testing hair strand thickness, and I am having a hard time finding information. Where did you find the information for this?

I don't remember. It was a long time ago. But after seeing many responses over the months and years, I've decided this test is not the best. Most people's hair is thinner than 1 ply of sewing thread.

Back