There aren't any hair secrets.

Arcadian

With all the information on this site, all the experience on this site, it makes me wonder why people persist in thinking there's must be some hair secret that will take you from ear length to butt length in a week?

*sigh*

And you know, some of these hair gurus out there do nothing but perpetuate this. They should just tell the truth.

Growing hair isn't a secret. Its about consistency, knowledge and care. Whats so secret about that?

I'm very glad for all of the women(and gentlemen) who participate on this site to share hair knowledge and information freely. So thanks to all the scientist, the experimenters (PJ's:lol: ), the naturalists, the relaxed heads (and everybody in between:D )

I'm glad this site is here to debunk all these so called "secrets to long hair"

-A

Tee

Great post. I have thought about this many times!!! The ladies here are so willing to share and help and just reading the wealth of knowledge here, anyone can achieve their goals if they are willing to work. Again, great post!~ :up:

Agreed. I just couldn't see myself spending so much money buying a book or dvd when 5 dollars is enough for hair info here. And it's free to just read.

WomanlyCharm

Arcadian, thank you for this very timely post.

I hate using the word "secret" in relation to hair care. Because most of it is just common sense...eat right, drink lots of water, protective styling, that kind of stuff.

And for the newbies reading this, if anyone ever, EVER wants you to pay them for the so-called "secret" to long, healthy hair, you know you've got a con artist on your hands.

sareca

I think there's a secret-- a truth hidden from most folks... there are NO shortcuts. :)

Last edited:

CAPlush

My hair is getting to where it's just about the longest it's ever been! That's true, there are no "secrets." I'm grateful to every creative soul on this board who has planned, experimented, and perfected the hair "secrets" and shared with everyone!

audacity.

Letitia said:
Great post. I have thought about this many times!!! The ladies here are so willing to share and help and just reading the wealth of knowledge here, anyone can achieve their goals if they are willing to work. Again, great post!~ :up:

Very well stated, Letitia!

And I think that applies to life in general not just hair length/growth... :yep:

Good thread!

Tee

DenverGirl said:
Very well stated, Letitia!

And I think that applies to life in general not just hair length/growth... :yep:

Good thread!

DenverGirl.....ITA to the bold. :yep:

Sareca...I meant to mention you in my first post. You could keep your recipe a secret but you share and wish everyone well with doing it themselves! This place is so giving and willing to share. Thanks. :kiss:

MonaRae

I think the secret to "us" having long hair is that WE CAN HAVE IT. We've been told that its just not possible and then "they" handed us a "super grow" product in one hand and with the other hand they held us down long enough to making us think that it was all in a product, sucking us dry of our hopes and draining out pockets.

LHCF is the best hair investment I ever made.

Last edited:

sareca

Letitia said:
DenverGirl.....ITA to the bold. :yep:

Sareca...I meant to mention you in my first post. You could keep your recipe a secret but you share and wish everyone well with doing it themselves! This place is so giving and willing to share. Thanks. :kiss:

:blush: I can't think of a single thing that's not better shared. Well... except maybe key lime cheesecake. :lick:

Tee

sareca said:
:blush: I can't think of a single thing that's not better shared. Well... except maybe key lime cheesecake. :lick:

giggles. well, you have a point on the pie!

PinkPeony

sareca said:
I think there's a secret-- a truth hidden from most folks... there are NO shortcuts. :)

even tough the term bothers me from time to time i agre because before the hair boards all this knowledge was the biggest freakin secret ever to me and I would have done anything to find out what works for me.
For many outside of the hair boards common sense is the biggest secret to all.

Tamrin

unapologetic
ella said:
even tough the term bothers me from time to time i agre because before the hair boards all this knowledge was the biggest freakin secret ever to me and I would have done anything to find out what works for me.
For many outside of the hair boards common sense is the biggest secret to all.

ITA....before discovering the LHCF accidentaly( reseaching virgin hair fertilizer LOL I don't even touch that stuff) I would have fallen for the charlatans hawking hair secrets. We are in a society where every brew is considered the hair miracle that will have our hair growing to our ankles, therefore making it easy for some to make money off the urge we have to obtain long flowing hair. It is up to us to open our eyes and realize those secrets are tricks and lies.

Since being here I have discovered a group of intelligent self sufficient women with open hearts. We may not agree with one another at times but regardless our differences we watch out for the greater good. So Ladies keep that back straight and whip that hair in the wind and be proud of what god has given us..... good night.

PinkPeony

Closer1 said:
ITA....before discovering the LHCF accidentaly( reseaching virgin hair fertilizer LOL I don't even touch that stuff) I would have fallen for the charlatans hawking hair secrets. We are in a society where every brew is considered the hair miracle that will have our hair growing to our ankles, therefore making it easy for some to make money off the urge we have to obtain long flowing hair. It is up to us to open our eyes and realize those secrets are tricks and lies.

Since being here I have discovered a group of intelligent self sufficient women with open hearts. We may not agree with one another at times but regardless our differences we watch out for the greater good. So Ladies keep that back straight and whip that hair in the wind and be proud of what god has given us..... good night.

Awww that was sweet and right too.
Let's forget all the drama for just a second kay:perplexed :lol:

Blackoutzangel05

Excellent post! I have tried to visit other sites and they want you to pay to tell you to put your hair up in protective styles or to not brush your hair everyday. I find that ridiculous...each one teach one!!!!!

OT: Camellia I love your new avatar pic!

keandra

I don't know I have asked a few sisters here some questions and alot of people act like thier regement is a secret they are NOT willing to share. But if any of you have the time let me know I have PLENTY of questions and in need of plenty of answers.
Keandra

PinkPeony

keandra said:
I don't know I have asked a few sisters here some questions and alot of people act like thier regement is a secret they are NOT willing to share. But if any of you have the time let me know I have PLENTY of questions and in need of plenty of answers.
Keandra

Oh hun that is TERRIBLE.
You can ask me and we also have a adopt a newbie challenge going on... I don't know if that is on the hair or OT board tough.
I apologize that some ladies would do that,trust me most ladies gladly share their routine.

newflowers

keandra said:
Keandra

Wow - that has never been my experience. I know a thing, maybe two on a good day, but I also know that I can ask my big sis and a few other ladies pretty much anything and they always know.

Ask again - make a thread and ask. I promise you will get all of the answers you seek and more than you bargined for probably.

-A-
thanks for the great thread. Did I mention how happy I was with the acv rinse - no secret, just knowledge I did not have and you shared with me.

Sistaslick

keandra said:
Keandra

aww I'm sorry to hear that too-- feel free to pm me anytime.

senimoni

For it not to be a secret it too me long as heck to find it....LOL.

Seriously though, the "I will teach you my secret" stuff cracks me up.

NessaNessa

Keandra,

I have never had a problem with anyone responding to questions via pm. The women here are generous with their regimen. Most take it as a sincere compliment when questioned about their hair routine.

Now, maybe you posed a posed a question in a thread and the intended person didnt see it. I doubt anyone is intentionally keeping their 'secret' away from you. Good Luck Hun!!! :) And keep asking away :lol:

lisana

It's just a way for some to try to make money, a marketing ploy. However, it's the potential customers who determine whether they will fall for it or not. With the internet and youtube, etc, people expect certain things to be free for all. With this board being available to me, I am not hearing someone tell me how I need to pay them to learn their secret, sorry, but the cat is out of the bag. I am not paying you to tell me how to wear a bun, I am not paying you to show me how to install a weave. Now, if someone on this board has something to sell, I may consider it out of love, but there is too much info on hear to ever think about paying for someone's secret.