The Pro's and Con's of Ayurveda....

crazytrish75

@crazytrish75

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I plan to use this this method this weekend for my tea rinse. I am going to add Fenugeek powder to my BASE tea mixture using your method and see how it goes.

@jewel

The herbs do stank, but I'll keep using them if my hair will look half as good as yours :lachen:.

You're very welcome! :grin: Fenugreek is awesome for slip, I just didn't like smelling like curry and maple syrup :lol:

EagleEyes85

@sharmeans

How do you mix in the powders?

Do you literally take the powder and mix it into you already prepared tea? or do you steep it along with the rest of you herbs?

Hey sorry Im late responding to your question. My computer has been down so I didnt see my mentions. I add the herbs to a measuring cup then pour boiling water over it along with cool water. I do an oil rinse for about 10 minutes before I apply it, and when I apply the tea I let it sit for about a minute then rinse for 10 more minutes. It does wonders for my hair, but it is time consuming. I recently started adding fenugreek and it has really changed the game for me! I love it!.

NaturallyATLPCH

I'm glad I found this thread.

I have noticed that things that contain Brahmi in them make my hair kind of hard.

LACE Naturals DC is one of them. Is this supposed to happen? Is Brahmi considered a strengthener?

mshoneyfly

BronxJazzy Extremus mshoneyfly Nix08 Ladies, Each one of you stated that you felt using Ayurvedic techniques caused your hair color to darken. What herb or technique do you think has caused that to happen - other than henna /indigo?

Pennefeather
Besides indigo, henna mixed with a few tbs of hibiscus powder gave me a nice deep burgundy red color. I would use the henna hibiscus combo every time. The tea rinses were more sporadic BC I would forget to do it before my DC sometimes.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I'm glad I found this thread.

I have noticed that things that contain Brahmi in them make my hair kind of hard.

LACE Naturals DC is one of them. Is this supposed to happen? Is Brahmi considered a strengthener?

NaturallyATLPCH according to Henna Sooq, Brahmi is used for strengthening the roots of your hair. They list it in their Strengthen section.

guyaneseyankee

Picking up some amla oil today, haven't used it in years. I used a lot when I first came to LHCF and henna was the rave back then. From what I can remember it made my relaxed hair very lush. Curious to see how it will work on my natural hair.
I bought some back from my last trip home. How are you going to use it? I'd like to start mixing....

Lissa0821

Had some time to prepoo my hair for a three hours with Alma oil. I got use to the smell after a while. It was a little difficult to wash out. It left my hair feeling silky through the deep conditioner process. My hair air dried unusually soft today.