Super Healthy Ends Challenge.

I'm in. I just eliminated 3 1/2 inches of horrible, damaged thin ends and now i'm on a misson to grow healthy hair. I have been paying really close attention to my moisture/protien balance. So this is a great added checkpoint for me. (pic in siggy)

Count me in! I've been working on my ends this last week because they were in such bad condition. Im going to go through with this one for sure.

Count me in! I've got a million different end lengths, ( just look at my siggy!):look: Hoping I can even the ends out a little, and thicken them up!!!This challenge is great!!!

Checking in...

I have been steaming my hair 3x per week, using Joico's split end mender and baggying 4x per week. My breakage and splits have decreased significantly.

Question: When you ladies say seal with oil, do you use a moisturiser first go over with oil? If so, why do you seal? What are the benefits? I thought moisturisers had some kind of oil.

Question: When you ladies say seal with oil, do you use a moisturiser first go over with oil? If so, why do you seal? What are the benefits? I thought moisturisers had some kind of oil.

The just oil tends the hold the moisture in better in my experience, especially if you're using the lighter creams as your moisturiser. More often than not when I would apply my moisturiser on it's own an hour or two later my ends would be looking thirsty - but not when I seal. I've noticed a big difference to my ends now that I've been sealing.

I moisturised with NTM and sealed with castor oil last night. Castor oil is so so good. My hair this morning is totally devoid of any excess oil but it still looks moisturised and healthy - I love it!

It's worth noting that a lot of ladies don't seal, because they don't feel they need to.

The just oil tends the hold the moisture in better in my experience, especially if you're using the lighter creams as your moisturiser. More often than not when I would apply my moisturiser on it's own an hour or two later my ends would be looking thirsty - but not when I seal. I've noticed a big difference to my ends now that I've been sealing.

I moisturised with NTM and sealed with castor oil last night. Castor oil is so so good. My hair this morning is totally devoid of any excess oil but it still looks moisturised and healthy - I love it!

It's worth noting that a lot of ladies don't seal, because they don't feel they need to.

Thanks for the explantation.

I was thinking about geting some castor oil from work, walgreens. Can I use the kind they have in the laxitive section :ohwell: or are y'all use hair castor oil?

Thanks for the explantation.

I was thinking about geting some castor oil from work, walgreens. Can I use the kind they have in the laxitive section :ohwell: or are y'all use hair castor oil?

Yep that castor oil is absolutely fine. It's so good for thickening the hair too. :yep:

Question: right now, I use a shea/cocoa butter blend (with other stuff added as well like castor oil, jojoba oil, etc) for my and DD's hair and ends.

Is that good enough? Oil alone just seems too light for our ends.

Anyone think a shea/cocoa mix is good for babying the ends?

Thanks in advance for your help, ladies!!

Love,
Christi

(Oh yes....can I please be added to this challenge? It's perfect!!!)

Today is the day! I'm getting my hair relaxed (although apparently it's really texlaxed) and getting my trim....I'm even putting my contacts in so I can really see....

After I'm gonna baby them like I never have before!

Checking In...My ends are doing fine...I am going to stick with the seyani hair butter and coconut oil to seal because my ends love it although they just drink it up in minutes.

I want in! My ends have suffered due to my lack of attention to my hair in general since the beginning of this year. I will moisturize and seal at least once daily and keep my hair twisted and covered at night to avoid tangles, knots, and splits.

OOOHH!!! I want in pretty please! Ive already been babying my ends for the past few weeks. I guess it wont hurt to be in an actual challenge!! Baby those ends ladies, THEN it wont be so necessary to trim all the time!! Hopefully I can get by without trimming for a good six months if I keep up with my protective styling and moisturizing! I use curl activator gel on the ends and then seal it with some shea butter or castor oil, but since its about to be summer, Ill probably switch to a lighter oil like grapeseed or olive! WOO HOO!

Last edited:
I've found my ends do better when damp especially in Spring & Summer so I am currently working on building up my store of spray moisturizers/leave ins. I used Hairveda's Hydrasoft Spritz in the past but it's not hitting it right now. She's reformulating it anyways. So I've ordered Oyin's Juices & Berries and I plan to get Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave In. I also just ordered one from Jasmine's too. I also want to try a coconut one. Can you tell I'm a pj?

Count me in! My ends, especially in the back has been the biggest overall challenge. I'm starting a new regimen and will be rollersetting and bunning for the next couple months!

I baggied last night using Jasmine's Detangling Leave in. Sealed the moisture in this morning with cocasta.

ETA: I meant to post this in another thread but it is appropriate for this one too.

Last edited:
I've found my ends do better when damp especially in Spring & Summer so I am currently working on building up my store of spray moisturizers/leave ins. I used Hairveda's Hydrasoft Spritz in the past but it's not hitting it right now. She's reformulating it anyways. So I've ordered Oyin's Juices & Berries and I plan to get Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave In. I also just ordered one from Jasmine's too. I also want to try a coconut one. Can you tell I'm a pj?

PJ? Girl, I can't tell anything...nothing at all..:look:

:rofl:

I had some breakage from trying to baggy, got it under control now, I think. I did a few protein tx(s) & a tea rinse, hopefully my ends will get back straight b/c they were perfect! Pray for me ya'll!

Back