Super Healthy Ends Challenge.

AtlantaJJ

My ends felt great after a MillCreek Keratin Poo and Condish! My ends like keratin protein :yep:

ETA: I made it a special point to smooth the keratin on my end by grabbing each curl that clumped together and concentrating on the ends. I think they liked that extra babying!

Last edited:

Momstar

I would like to join too. I signed up for the wig challenge as well so I think that will work out well for my ends if I care for them properly.

ShantWhite

I want in! Lately I've been leaning toward biting the bullet and getting them chopped to an even point, but I don't want to feel like my hard work in growing it will be for nothing :sad:. So I'm gonna probably cut a 1/2 inch and by the end of this challenge see where I'm at...

exubah

Okay so I am back to my usual bun after a weekend of a plaited pony. After putting some NTM Silk Creme on my hair I put it in a off center low pony, plait, seal the ends with JBCO and twisted away while securing with hair pins (I would love to find the plastic Goody ones that people are raving about!....they weren't at CVS)

sqzbly1908

Hey OP and Friends!!!

I don't mean to hijack - maybe this would be a good time to start having ideas float around as to how we will achieve these beautifully healthy ends -

I personally have already got a trim and increased my protein usage (condishes) which have helped out tremendously and on the days I don't rollerset my hair, I will start using coconut oil on my mid-shafts to the ends as this is usually the day before wash day..

Thoughts on any other ideas????

pookaloo83

I increased my protein as well and I rollerset once a week. When I'm not rollersetting it's up in a bun. I use NTM silk touch cream and seal with castor oil. I search and destroy when I'm in the mood as well.

Aggie

Darn it, I told myself I was not going to join another challenge this year but I remember I dropped out of 2 of them - the BSL and MBL challenges. My concentration is being placed on healthier ends and I already made steps towards achieving them at the beginning of this year. I got 3" trimmed off in January and will be working on getting another 3" trimmed off sometime in the middle of the year or so. I think a decent trim every 3-6 months will be worth having ends that are blunt, thick and healthy.

I have increased washing my hair with ayurveda powders, I use quite a bit of the oils as well, I spritz with an ayurveda rinse that I made, and I have increased treating my hair with proteins and henna. So we'll see how it goes. I believe I will be quite happy with thick, healthy APL hair for now and if my hair responds well to this new regimen, I might consider growing it to BSL, but I am not sure yet.

prettyFine

ok a sista really needs this! im in.**edit** clipped 1 inch wed apr 22rd. started moisterizing ends that week also.

Last edited:

PrissyMiss

Count me in. Just realized the reason one side of my hair was not retaining length was due to split ends:wallbash:. Just trimmed so Im ready.

Desarae

I'm in. I really need this. I just trimmed about 1/2 inch due to heat abuse and neglect so my ends are back healthy and I want to keep them this way for as long as possible witbhout trimming again.

I plan on doing no heat styles for the next 2 months.

*Michelle*

I cut 4 inches on Saturday...I'm ready! I'll post pix tomorrow eve. I'm almost layerless...whoohooo! Just in the very top crown maybe a two inch diameter and around my face (which I will keep, my face is long and I need something to frame it...besides it's cute...LOL!

I love layers, but realize my hair/ends does not look good long and heavily layered.

*fabulosity*

Here's my starting pic... it's not in that bad condition.. way better than a year ago.. I will admit that.. I love me some LHCF..