STEAM TREATMENT Challenge!!! COME ON IN!!!!

Can I use the "I'm new here" excuse and ask that someone who's been around here a bit longer start up a new thread for it?

I am definitely down for it. I got my steamer like 2 weeks ago and its CLEARLY my fav new piece of equipment this year.

Get my steamer today, Im in!!! If my son misses the Fex Ex delivery yall will read about me in the NY Post for choking him. LOL

Count me in, I have my steamer and thank God for this wig or else I would be under that freakin steamer every darn day.:lick::lick:

Please count me in too if someone starts a new thread. I ordered mine 3 days ago from Huetiful. Didn't get it yet since I live in Canada but I'm really excited about it!!!!

I've been steaming once a week for the past 4 weeks, I think. I :cloud9: DC with my steamer! :lick: I would certainly be up for a steaming challenge!

Hmmmm....maybe we should wait until Fall and start a steam challenge. It would be great for those dry cold winter months?? What do y'all think?

Someone should just start a new challenge asap. lol Mine should be here next week I ordered it on tuesday and Im getting antsy.

Ok, would one of you lovlies start a new steam challenge, so that I can join? :look: Thanks :yep:

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a question. I'm hesitant to use a hair steamer because I have very fine hair and it tends to get over-moisturized. In your experience thus far, would a steamer be non beneficial to me? I look forward for your input.

Hey guys, I have a question. I'm hesitant to use a hair steamer because I have very fine hair and it tends to get over-moisturized. In your experience thus far, would a steamer be non beneficial to me? I look forward for your input.

I have fine hair too & have seen the benefits. You might have to use it based on what works for you. However, you don't need to just use it as a DC. You can use the steam with oil and other products.

If u have a tendency to over-moisturize are you balancing with protein?

Steam treatments really helped my hair turn around.

I've been transitioning for a year and started out doing them weekly, then went to bi weekly. When I had more relaxed hair, it would be sometimes a light protein mixed with a moisturizing conditioner. As I got more natural hair and less relaxed, I rarely ever need protein. I have fine, very dry strands and I think the steam treatments helped to get my moisture level up which makes my hair softer and more manageable. :yep:

I have fine hair too & have seen the benefits. You might have to use it based on what works for you. However, you don't need to just use it as a DC. You can use the steam with oil and other products.

If u have a tendency to over-moisturize are you balancing with protein?

I use AOGPB sometimes, but not as much as I should. I'm also considering using ceramides. I will continue to follow this thread and make up my mind one day....:spinning:

just used my new steamer and I love it! Is there going to be a new challenge? Can you stream with protein like lakair?

Hey ladies- I just got my steamer.

Question: Can I use it with my pre conditioning treatment? I normally deep condition on dry hair prior to shampoo then I shampoo and quick condition.

Back