STEAM TREATMENT Challenge!!! COME ON IN!!!!

I haven't even done any yet (going to do my first, today) but I know what my hair feels like when it's overmoisturized, and since I'm using MT, I've got an easy (and fabulous) way to instantly infuse more protein in my hair. :look: I fully intend on doing them at least twice a month, and possibly weekly, depending on how fabulous my hair feels until my hair complains.....
:clap: yay, thanks for responding.... my scalp feels so good!!! I am thinking this may be a once per week must. Perhaps since I'm using towles and dryer it's not as intense as a deep salon steaming would be... I never used a real steamer before. Perhaps the once per month reference was for the steamer treatments. My hair in no way feels over moisturized. It feels perfect.

I'm sitting under the dryer with my turbie twists on right now. I've been doing this once a week for over a month. My hair luvs this! Samantha, I can't thank you enough for posting that link because there is no way I can afford a real steamer right now.

I'm under the dryer right now too! I've never used a soft bonnet dryer before - are there any particular tips or tricks I should know to make it most efficient?
My scalp feels - warm, now - I'm sitting under a fan and sipping on something icy to keep my tempurate down!! :lol:

I am about to use April today without braids for the first time. I :love: it and it is really helping my hair. Q

Excuse my ignorance but can a steam cap give the same benefits as a steamer?Because I called a salon and she said she uses a cap.

I started getting steam treatments at the salon with a moisturizing conditioner and my hair really started to improve. i have very very dry hair. Well, actually, does the hot towel count as a steam treatment? i don't actually sit under one of those steamers. just a regular dryer. But that towel is hot and steaming when they first wrap it on my head.

she says the conditioner she uses is a professional product and charges me $20 extra dollars for it. I can never get a good look at the jar. But when i do, i am going to hunt that product down to use at home for myself. its the only things thats ever really moisturized my hair.

I started getting steam treatments at the salon with a moisturizing conditioner and my hair really started to improve. i have very very dry hair. Well, actually, does the hot towel count as a steam treatment? i don't actually sit under one of those steamers. just a regular dryer. But that towel is hot and steaming when they first wrap it on my head.

she says the conditioner she uses is a professional product and charges me $20 extra dollars for it. I can never get a good look at the jar. But when i do, i am going to hunt that product down to use at home for myself. its the only things thats ever really moisturized my hair.

Imani, when you get the name let us know too, okay?

Is it too late to join this challenge?

I just ordered my steamer today and hopefully it will be here by this time next week.

just bought my 2 turbans from the dollar store - I got the microfiber ones, does that matter (microfiber vs. terrycloth)? I plan on doing one later this week, then every 2 weeks after that.

I'd like to jump in. I'm not sure if I can officially be a part - but I'd like to follow along:

1. Name: conSKEEted
  2. Natural or relaxed? Natural 4a/4b
  3. Bi-Weekly or monthly??? Bi Weekly - maybe weekly - depends on how great it feels
  4. CHECKING in With PICS!!!!! :orders:This is an ORDER LADIES!!! You got it
  5. Talk to us about how your hair feels in b/t treats!!!:spank:Dont Skip this!!! - Yupper - will do
  6. You may steam with DC's - Hot oils, etc... Let us know! Once I get a regimen down.
    AFTER STEAMING - SPRAY your hair with cold water - To seal your Cuticle - VERY important!
  7. This will last 6 months.....April 10 - Oct 10 - Well I'm on it from June to December then
I'm going to start out using the towel method and upgrade to a steamer if I really see a huge difference.

I'm transitioning and the hair from the crown to the nape is EXTREEEEMELY dry. I could grease my scalp every night and cowash every other day - but it's so... difficult. I pray this will help me :) I'll be doing my first one this Sunday.

Stay tuned...

Still going strong with the steam treatments twice per month. My ends are not as dry and they soak up so much more moisture now.

I have a steamer at home and steam at every wash (2-3 weeks). I have been doing this for years and never wash my hair without steam it so am not sure what it would be like if I didnt. I can say that it is always soft and mositurised.

I'll join if it's still open

1. RieB81
2. Natural (not sure of texture) 4a/3c maybe
3. Ojon oil on dry hair w/ Organic Rosehip oil on ends
4. Twice weekly
5. Going from September-February '09

This is interesting. The challenge stated that you shouldn't steam your hair weekly as it could cause breakage. I steam every time I deep condition which is twice a week. I am setting myself up for some issues?

This is interesting. The challenge stated that you shouldn't steam your hair weekly as it could cause breakage. I steam every time I deep condition which is twice a week. I am setting myself up for some issues?

I think it depends on your hair. I saw a post where one lady on here said she steams 2x a week. I've also seen some who do it once a week.

Is it too late to join? I need to start doing monthly DCs under steam and need some suport to do...I've been lax

My info:
Name? FindingMe
Natural or relaxed? natural, color-treated, 3c/4a I think
Bi-Weekly or monthly? monthly w/ DC

I will steam/DC either tonight or tomorrow and I will post pics and details after-

I can't wait for the benefit this will add to my hair...

I was steaming three times a week because my hair was EXTREMELY dry. Once I got some moisture back into my hair I started steaming once a week and DC without steam once a week. I didn't have any problems. But I do credit the 3x a week steam treatments with bringing my hair back from the brink of disaster.

I think the key is to be aware of the moisture/protein balance so that you do not over-moisturize your hair.

Woohoo! I'm in and this is my first post :grin: *waves at SamanthaJones*

My steamer is on order ( probly arrive in about a week or so) and I just had about 2 inches of my hair cut off after an almost 4 year break from professional cuts. I intend to make sure my freshly cut ends stay on point so just had to join the challenge.

1. Steamer: on order
  2. Name: Moodyma'am
  3. Natural or relaxed?: Natural (3c/4a) CBL stretched
  4. Bi-Weekly or monthly???: when it gets here bi-weekly
  5. Working on a starting pic, honest. Having bluetooth issues at the mo
  6. As a starting point my hair feels pretty good but I wanna turbocharge my DCs to promote growth and length retention.
  7. I'll be DCing with a whole heap of stuff trust me!!!!!

I'm so excited! To all co-challengees, I wish you every success!
*runs back to page 1 to read through entire thread*

This was the newest challenge that I could find. Is there enough interest to start one for 2010?

I would be in. I have been lax using my steamer. It was great but I have just been to lazy to sit under it when I get good results using my heating cap as I fall asleep:)

Hey Ladies!

I am down for a steamer challenge too. I have not taken my steamer out in a very long time.

I just bought a conditioner and hair oils. I am so ready!

When are we starting??

Back