Spring/Summer '09 Cowashing Challenge

I'm going to be cowashing tonight using Suave Tropical coconut. It's really been making my hair feel awesome :)

Okay I finally got all the condishes I wanted to try out. So here is my plan:

Cowash: 3x/wk
Staple: Hairveda's Moist 24/7
Other Moisturizing Condishes: Aussie Moist, TJ's Nourish Spa, Patene's Nature Fusion, Various V05's, AOHSR (may still add Oyin Honey Hemp and Shescentit stuff)
Protein Condishes: JASON Biotin, AO GPB, Hairveda's Moist PRO (may still add Millcreek)

For this challenge, my first co-wash will be tomorrow (Sunday). It's still cold outside so I plan to co-wash only 2x's per week (Wednesday/Sunday). As the weather warms, I will increase the co-washing as appropriate. Currently, I use LongHairDontCare's idea of mixing Ayurvedic herbs with a conditioner to co-wash. I finish each co-wash with an ACV rinse then apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Skin cream as my leave-in.

Cowashed today with my Hair One olive oil conditioner and followed up Trader Joes Conditioner- the minty one.

I'm in. just cowashed with Lekair Cholestrol and wet bunned. put a little castor oil on my ends and edges.

I cowashed last nite w/Suave Refreshing Waterfall Mist but I had to cowash again this morning :look:

DC'd on dry hair w/KBB Luscious Locks then cw'd w/Hairveda Moist CP. LTR leave in/Afroveda Whipped Shea-Amla butter to moisturize, JBCO to seal. Wet bunned.

I cowashed yesterday with Aussie Moist and I airdryed in a bun. Soft hair. I notice that the more moisturized my hair is, the more it sheds. Anyone notice anything similar?

i am going to do my first cowash next week with GVP conditioning balm. I was wondering has anyone tried Porsys products? They have a well balancing conditioner and a deep conditioner. I have seen this at Marshall's and it is a plant, algae based product and it seems interesting. If no one else has tried it guess I may be the first!

I was looking at someone's post where they said they just squeeze the conditioner out but they don't rinse it out after a co-wash, do any of u try this?
I do this all the time or only partially rinse out the conditioner. Other times I'll rinse it out completely then add more conditioner as a leave in :yep:

I've been seeing that ProSys stuff since summer in TJ Maxx but can never bring myself to purchase. Not sure why...I think it's something in the ingredients, but I'l have to look again.
i am going to do my first cowash next week with GVP conditioning balm. I was wondering has anyone tried Porsys products? They have a well balancing conditioner and a deep conditioner. I have seen this at Marshall's and it is a plant, algae based product and it seems interesting. If no one else has tried it guess I may be the first!

I washed today with poo because i had buildup from all the cw'ing I do. I will cowash tomorrow then try the aloe vera gelly I bought :yep:

I've been seeing that ProSys stuff since summer in TJ Maxx but can never bring myself to purchase. Not sure why...I think it's something in the ingredients, but I'l have to look again.

I have been feeling the same way but I am feeling experimental :grin:. I notice ingredients like sea kelp and green algae. The DC is a protien based conditioner but I was a little nervous about it. *Can you tell I have been eyeing this stuff. If I come across it again I will pick it up and see what play around with it.

Ok so on friday I cowashed with WEN and even DC with WEN airdryed.

Sunday I cowashed in box braids with Moist 24/4. This will be what I use to cowash with while in braids. It doesnt provied enough slip for my 27 week loose hair. So I got to use it up, I bought the gallon size 24/7 so I will be using it for awhile.

i cowashed last night with Ao GPB and did an ACV rinse. i'll be deep conditioning with aussie 3 min miracle and coconut oil, then cowashing with aussie moist tonight.

I cowashed with AOHSR last night. I see what the hype is about. The smell isn't all that and it's so thick I got a headache getting it out of the bottle but it is a BIG FAT HIT for me. I had just done a deep conditioning with a protein concoction. My hair felt strong but a little dry. I put the AOHSR and instantly my hair felt moist, silky, and it had slip. It's a keeper.

i was thinking of setting (well, with flexirods) every other week on condition day.

wear my twists curly one week
and then pin them away the next week

i also think i'm going to change my conditioning days back to once a week. lol. i know i knoooooooow

I am currently 8 weeks post relaxer and I am stretching my relaxer out a little longer this time around and think that this would really make it easier for me to stretch beyond my usual 10-12 weeks so Eisani, please add me, I'm in.

Back