Sl 2016 Challenge

faithVA

I put in 2 strand twist on Saturday. They were frizzy immediately as if I had them in for two weeks. I don't know what gives. I will try to rinse them tomorrow to see if they hold up. If they do I will start wearing 2 strand twist starting in April.

I'm thinking I should make them smaller.

IMG_20160321_204304475_HDR~2.jpg

LdyKamz

I put in 2 strand twist on Saturday. They were frizzy immediately as if I had them in for two weeks. I don't know what gives. I will try to rinse them tomorrow to see if they hold up. If they do I will start wearing 2 strand twist starting in April.

I'm thinking I should make them smaller.

View attachment 355033
They look great! I can't see any frizz and they hang well. If mine would hang a bit I would probably wear them too.

faithVA

Thus morning I rinsed my twist. I put on a wig cap/band and let the water run over my twist. Then I pressed gently to let the water soak in. I then let it drip dry for a bit before soaking up some of the excess drios with a towel. After 15 minutes ibsoaked my twist with diluted a diluted kknt and oil mix. Then i tried to seal them with some oil. My front is almost dry but my name is wet.

I think it looks a mess but it's OK. I'm more concerned with my twist drying soft and maintaining some hydration. They typically dry hard and with with not a but of water left in them.

I'm going to work on my mix some more. I was in a rush this morning. If this works I will try to keep my twist in for two weeks in a row and just rinse every 3 to 4 days.

faithVA

I took my twist out so I could wear my hair loose today. It will also make it faster when I'm ready to wash tonight. Years ago I used to wear twist every week and wear a twist out every Friday. It's been a while since I've done that. Flat twist are just so quick it's hard to make myself spend 2 hours putting in twist for a week.

IMG_20160325_082858340_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20160325_082946348_HDR~2.jpg

toaster

I took my twist out so I could wear my hair loose today. It will also make it faster when I'm ready to wash tonight. Years ago I used to wear twist every week and wear a twist out every Friday. It's been a while since I've done that. Flat twist are just so quick it's hard to make myself spend 2 hours putting in twist for a week.

View attachment 355431 View attachment 355433
This is so beautiful and defined.

Janet'

I think they turned out great! They look well-moisturized. Good job!

LdyKamz

I love it! Very cute. How much did you separate?

faithVA

Here is my length check for March. I blow dried my hair. It probably wouldn't have been better to do a curlformer set :ohwell: I'm doing a curlformer set in April for another challenge so I will post again. I could see progress so that's good enough. I took quite a few pictures. These will be helpful during the year when I'm trying to figure out if I'm making any progress.

MarchLCBack1.png MarchLCBarrette.png MarchLCFront1.png MarchLCNape1.png MarchLCRt1.png MarchLCSide1.png

GGsKin

Today I mixed up some henna, using steeped marshmallow root and hibiscus. I only let it sit for about an hour or so.
After clay washing my hair, I added a little indigo and hibiscus powder to the mix and slathered it on using the bun method (starting from the middle).

I'm currently sitting with the mix, wrapped in cling film. I plan to leave in on for about 2hrs and then DC with AO WC and whatever dregs of HSR I have left.

faithVA

@faithVA did you put bun on your milestone list? It's a big deal and it looks cute. Do you think you'll bun on lazy days now?

I don't know if a bun is on my milestone list. If it is, it's a 3rd or 4th quarter milestone.

I was excited to be able to bun. Thank you! But as soon as I got it up there I was ready to take it down because it felt like it was pulling and I was just imagining hairs breaking and ripping in half :nono:

I would probably only try a bun if my hair was already stretched with curlformers and that's rare. I also need to learn a bit more about smoothing out my hair and putting the bun up so it isn't damaging. So it will be a while before I try bunning again. It was nice for the moment.

Evolving78

Did I join this challenge? I don't think so. But my man requested for me to grow my hair back out! Lol
I have a TWA 3-3.5 inches top recent trim
Sides 1-2 inches
I have no Reggie and just use random products.
I will use heat occasionally to trim or stretch
My goal is SL or NL by Dec 31.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 24

Evolving78

I don't know if a bun is on my milestone list. If it is, it's a 3rd or 4th quarter milestone.

I was excited to be able to bun. Thank you! But as soon as I got it up there I was ready to take it down because it felt like it was pulling and I was just imagining hairs breaking and ripping in half :nono:

I would probably only try a bun if my hair was already stretched with curlformers and that's rare. I also need to learn a bit more about smoothing out my hair and putting the bun up so it isn't damaging. So it will be a while before I try bunning again. It was nice for the moment.
I will be able to bun 3-4 years from now unstretched

Evolving78

My twists never look like that! I would have to blow dry to get that look! So pretty!

faithVA

Did I join this challenge? I don't think so. But my man requested for me to grow my hair back out! Lol
I have a TWA 3-3.5 inches top recent trim
Sides 1-2 inches
I have no Reggie and just use random products.
I will use heat occasionally to trim or stretch
My goal is SL or NL by Dec 31.
Welcome Shortdub. Long time no see.

Cute hair cut.