Sl 2016 Challenge

Here is my length check for March. I blow dried my hair. It probably wouldn't have been better to do a curlformer set :ohwell: I'm doing a curlformer set in April for another challenge so I will post again. I could see progress so that's good enough. I took quite a few pictures. These will be helpful during the year when I'm trying to figure out if I'm making any progress.

Well, you know what they say about :flahssssss: and what they're worth? Lol. I do think pics are a great way for you to remind yourself of more of a reality than our perception of reality...I've looked back at pics and said, "That's what my hair looked like?" (Hairnorexia)...With that being said...

You are knocking on SL's door trying to get in!!! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Well, you know what they say about :flahssssss: and what they're worth? Lol. I do think pics are a great way for you to remind yourself of more of a reality than our perception of reality...I've looked back at pics and said, "That's what my hair looked like?" (Hairnorexia)...With that being said...

You are knocking on SL's door trying to get in!!! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

I'm taking deep breaths trying to stay calm. I'm finally going to reach a length goal.

I'm taking deep breaths trying to stay calm. I'm finally going to reach a length goal.

It's a bit overwhelming, I know! I cannot wait till you reach your goals...You've been so positive helping everyone else, so it's only right that you get all of your desires...Faith requires action and THIS you are doing!!!

I'm going to keep working on my body while I'm waiting on my hair. I wore a black dress this weekend and was feeling really sexy. My working out is paying off. Next year when I go to this event I want to be even sleeker and have the swangin hair to match.

:bighug::bighug:

@faithVA I just feel that negativity is fruitless. This is a hobby for so many women and it should be a place of positivity and upliftment (is that a real word, lol). A little :bouncy: goes a long way!

I'm going to keep working on my body while I'm waiting on my hair. I wore a black dress this weekend and was feeling really sexy. My working out is paying off. Next year when I go to this event I want to be even sleeker and have the swangin hair to match.

#goals!!!

I took out the marley hair, moisturized my hair and flat twisted it up using the same parts from my updo. Of course it doesn't look the same without the length. But my hair needed the moisture and I got tired of trying to reposition that hair in the back.

I think I'm going to try the 2 strand twist again over the weekend but using a different styler this time.

Here are my length check pics (on hair that was blowdried and in big braids)...excuse my greasy tired face. LOL. As you can see the greys are trying to take over the front of my head. I am not yet 30. Ugh.

Front

Right temple

Left temple

Left nape (forgot to take a pic of the right nape)

Purple line is the top of my shoulders (I tried but couldn't get a better pic)

How I wear my hair between wash days - my momma does it for me. :blush:

Here are my length check pics (on hair that was blowdried and in big braids)...excuse my greasy tired face. LOL. As you can see the greys are trying to take over the front of my head. I am not yet 30. Ugh.

Front

Right temple

Left temple

Are you claiming SL? Or are you waiting for some mystery hair somewhere to be SL? What you doing young lady?

How I wear my hair between wash days - my momma does it for me. :blush:/

Ma'am!!! I think that you should definitely claim SL and then mosey on over to the APL Challenge!!! :congrats::congrats::congrats: Your hair looks so thick and healthy!!!!! Awesome!!!!

Front

Right temple

Left temple

Woman! I thought I was in the wrong thread looking at all your hair. It's beautiful...and already SL. Now scram! LOL Jk you can stay if you want. Lord knows I'll probably stay in here after I reach SL.

Last edited:
I came in here and still forgot to post my progress pic. I only took one comparison pic. My hair is starting to grow in that weird little mullet again. But this time I'm going to leave it and let the rest of my hair do what it does. I feel like my hair would look different if the nape area wasn't such a mess. I'm working on it though. Here it is. No big dif other than the hair in the middle growing down my neck. Lol First set is this month on the left and December on the right. The second pic is this month on the left and last month on the right. I also did a pretty nice trim and my hair doesn't look all that different so at least I'm getting better at not cutting off all my progress.

Attachments

• Instasize_0325152913.jpg
    Instasize_0325152913.jpg
    877.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Instasize_0325152745.jpg
    Instasize_0325152745.jpg
    790.6 KB · Views: 20
I came in here and still forgot to post my progress pic. I only took one comparison pic. My hair is starting to grow in that weird little mullet again. But this time I'm going to leave it and let the rest of my hair do what it does. I feel like my hair would look different if the nape area wasn't such a mess. I'm working on it though. Here it is. No big dif other than the hair in the middle growing down my neck. Lol First set is this month on the left and December on the right. The second pic is this month on the left and last month on the right. I also did a pretty nice trim and my hair doesn't look all that different so at least I'm getting better at not cutting off all my progress.
That's some good progress!

Front

Right temple

Left temple

It's time to move on love! Lol

Ma'am!!! I think that you should definitely claim SL and then mosey on over to the APL Challenge!!! :congrats::congrats::congrats: Your hair looks so thick and healthy!!!!! Awesome!!!!
It's called Hairnorexia!!!!
Woman! I thought I was in the wrong thread looking at all your hair. It's beautiful...and already SL. Now scram! LOL Jk you can stay if you want. Lord knows I'll probably stay in here after I reach SL.
It's time to move on love! Lol

LOL! I guess I might as well claim it eh. So SL I am.

I joined the APL/BSL thread at the beginning of this year as well but I'll still keep an eye on this thread.

@KammyGirl your hair is so thick!

Very pretty hair. Yeah let the mullet grow out. The rest of the hair will catch up soon enough. Even it out if you want when you reach a major goal like APL.

Back