SELF ROLLER SETTING--NEED HELP

InJesusName

I was reading the roller setting thread, and I am still struggling with my sets. I tried the mesh rollers, but could not get the pins right. I then tried magnetic rollers, but I still can't place the clips. I have rollers falling out all over the place:lol: . I have been using the snap rollers lately, but they take a LONG time to dry (two hours under the hooded dryer) and they leave that bend in my hair.

Is there a tutorial on how to clip down the magnetic rollers so they don't fall out? Also, would it help to use the bigger clips or large bobby pins?

Sorry for all the questions, but it looks like this is going to be my protective style while I nurse my edges back to health.

i finally did a successful rollerset yesterday. what i did differently was: 1. i bought a spray bottle to keep rewetting the hair sections and 2. i bought clips not pins (too hard to use) to keep the rollers in place.
292500.jpg

InJesusName said:
I was reading the roller setting thread, and I am still struggling with my sets. I tried the mesh rollers, but could not get the pins right. I then tried magnetic rollers, but I still can't place the clips. I have rollers falling out all over the place:lol: . I have been using the snap rollers lately, but they take a LONG time to dry (two hours under the hooded dryer) and they leave that bend in my hair.

Is there a tutorial on how to clip down the magnetic rollers so they don't fall out? Also, would it help to use the bigger clips or large bobby pins?

Sorry for all the questions, but it looks like this is going to be my protective style while I nurse my edges back to health.
Did you check out Macherieamour's blog and album? She has step-by-step instructions that work! She suggests rolling your hair up (Lonei has a recent thread on this) instead of under as an alternative and it may be easier to place those clips.

Anky suggested wetting the magnetic rollers too (besides making sure your hair is dripping wet) before rolling up your hair. I tried this and it makes it easier for the rollers to stay in. The hair really clings to the roller.

I use long, duckbill clips from Sally's to hold my rollers in place.

All I can say is...practice, practice, practice. You will get it.

Also, have you gone and had it done by a stylist? If not, that may be a good idea and pay close attention as she roller sets your hair.

Roller setting your hair will pay off in the long run. So, it is worth learning how to do them. Good luck!!!!

Back