Rollersetting questions

shtow

1). For the ladies that use magnetic rollers, do any of u still use the clamps that come with the rollers, as opposed to bobby pins or clips to hold the rollers in place? Why or why not?

2). Anyone not use the mohawak method? Any difference in space, drying time, results?

TIA:grin:

Here's a Rollerset pic I did the mohak method and used roller pins(large bobby pins to hold the rollers in place). The rollers were a little loose, just a little but I guess thats a good thing to prevent breakage.

Attachments

• RS1.jpg
    RS1.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 45
I used the ponytail rollersetting method with the metal clips yesterday. My ends were smooth, and I was able to get my 7-week-old NG flat without direct heat!

I used the ponytail rollersetting method with the metal clips yesterday. My ends were smooth, and I was able to get my 7-week-old NG flat without direct heat!

Oh ok did u notice any a breakage? I am terrified of any breakage cuz of the tight pulling and the bands. I have been wanting to try this.

I use metal clips to hold the rollers in place. I used to use roller pins, but I like the metal clamps better.

What is the mohawk method? When I do a rollerset, I usually roll the first row in the middle of my head, so after that first row, it looks like a mohawk. Is that what your talking about?

I use metal clips to hold the rollers in place. I used to use roller pins, but I like the metal clamps better.

What is the mohawk method? When I do a rollerset, I usually roll the first row in the middle of my head, so after that first row, it looks like a mohawk. Is that what your talking about?

Yup. I have been using roller pins. They are like big bobby pins but they can be a little loose sometimes. The metal clips hurt to me and are harder for me to use. Maybe I'll try keeping the clamps that come with the roller and c how it comes out. I hope the dents wont be too deep.

I like the clamps that come with the rollers best. I use smaller rollers in the front partly to keep the set fresher longer, and also to get the roots of the perimeter of my hair straight (I don't care about the roots in the middle and back, lol. :grin:

I do not do the mohawk method. I seriously have been rolling my hair since age 11 so habits are hard to break. My method works for me. Here's a pic of a recent rollerset.

Wet set front smaller.jpg

I use the short metal duckbill clips when I do a regular rollerset, and I use the snap-on covers when I do a ponytail rollerset.

I roll using the mohawk method.

I like the clamps that come with the rollers best. I use smaller rollers in the front partly to keep the set fresher longer, and also to get the roots of the perimeter of my hair straight (I don't care about the roots in the middle and back, lol. :grin:

I do not do the mohawk method. I seriously have been rolling my hair since age 11 so habits are hard to break. My method works for me. Here's a pic of a recent rollerset.

View attachment 8463

You did a great job! Her hair looks cute.

If I'm not mistaken (and if I'm thinking of the right method) someone here posted a link to their Fotki with this procedure. What they did was part their hair into ponytails and then used magnetic rollers on the ends. They dried their hair that way. When they were finished it appeared (to me) that they had the same effect as if their entire head was dried on magnetic rollers.

Maybe someone (or the owner of the Fotki) will post the link. I thought it was a great idea.

View attachment 8463

I love your hair...sooo pretty! If you don't do the mohawk method, then what do you do? Also, are you natural or relaxed?

I rollerset and do not use the mohawk method. My arms are not long enough to roll my hair at the top! So, I part my hair down the middle and do 3 rows on each side going up.

If I'm not mistaken (and if I'm thinking of the right method) someone here posted a link to their Fotki with this procedure. What they did was part their hair into ponytails and then used magnetic rollers on the ends. They dried their hair that way. When they were finished it appeared (to me) that they had the same effect as if their entire head was dried on magnetic rollers.

Maybe someone (or the owner of the Fotki) will post the link. I thought it was a great idea.

That's how I do my ponytail method. I remember that its in someone's Fotki, but I don't remember who's it is.

I love your hair...sooo pretty! If you don't do the mohawk method, then what do you do? Also, are you natural or relaxed?

I rollerset and do not use the mohawk method. My arms are not long enough to roll my hair at the top! So, I part my hair down the middle and do 3 rows on each side going up.

:thankyou: I am relaxed. I roll most of my hair back and under, including the sides, especially as the weeks pass since my last relaxer. This is because I usually slick the roots back with a scarf and it's easier for the curls to already be set where I need them. I do have a lot of hair, I sure wish I could do 3 rows. :nono: It's more like 7 or 8. :ohwell:

Back