Self-Relaxers: Pre Application Question

Smiley79

Newbie question. I searched the forum and didn't see anything specific to my question.

I recently learned about pre-pooing through you all and have been doing it with EVOO and I looooovvvveeee the outcome. When the time comes for me to relax my hair again, do you any of you apply anything on the hair right before or the night before a relaxer (like oils, etc), just like you would do with the pre-poo methods. (And I don't mean the normal vaseline base, I know about that.) I'm just curious of anyone does anything that contributes to even better results when self-relaxing. Thanks in advance.:thankyou:

locabouthair

Newbie question. I searched the forum and didn't see anything specific to my question.

I recently learned about pre-pooing through you all and have been doing it with EVOO and I looooovvvveeee the outcome. When the time comes for me to relax my hair again, do you any of you apply anything on the hair right before or the night before a relaxer (like oils, etc), just like you would do with the pre-poo methods. (And I don't mean the normal vaseline base, I know about that.) I'm just curious of anyone does anything that contributes to even better results when self-relaxing. Thanks in advance.:thankyou:

yes definitely:yep:

You should always apply an oil, grease, or conditioner to the relaxed strands to prevent overprocessing and "relaxer run off" when you are washing out the relaxer. Not protecting the previously relaxed hair can lead to thin and redder ends.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Yep, I slather some cheapie, sucky conditioner on my ends to protect them. it's a great way to use up the sucky stuff :giggle: I don't apply anything to my roots though, cause I don't want anything to interfere with the relaxer

(I'm now officially claiming you on my tax return :lachen: )

Smiley79

I'm busted. LOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! There I go again T. :lachen::lachen::lachen:Thanks for the tips ladies. I'll keep that in mind when the time comes.