Scarves...

kytrona

Is it only silk and satin scarfs that prevent moisture loss at night? I can't find affordable silk scarves online, and I have tried at least 5 types of satin scarves/wraps but they come off when I sleep. Now, there's this scarf that I love dearly, I have no clue what material it's made from - probably polyester. It manages to stay put all night.
sleeping.gif
Right now, I'm using it for my braids, but I'm worried that it won't be protective enough when I take my hair out. Any ideas where to find silk scarves for under $10, the long kind as opposed to the square ones (those are easier for me to tie) Have any of you had good experiences with "silk-like" scarves?

Well, I don't know if this will help but I bought a satin sleep "bonnet" from Sally's and I think it works fine. It stays on at night but it's not tight...so if you are trying to hold a style in place this might not work. But, you may want to try that.
smile.gif

Thanks Cybra...somehow I don't think my S.O. can handle a bonnet yet
nuts.gif
he just started getting used to the scarves...

Check this post I have 5 of her scarves now. I think the most expensive one cost me $12 total.
smile.gif

Cristina sells a long, rectangular polyester scarf that doesn't slip and slide all over the place. I've seen it at Sally's and Walmart.

I bought two long silk scarves from Filenes for 5.99 each. You may want to look in the department stores. I also bought a silk rectangular one from marshalls for about $12.

Or you could go to the salvation army and get some silk shirts for really cheap and tie them around your head. It works for me and they have been great. I have relaxed 4a/4b hair, my hair feels great now.

Back