Roller Setting Challenge for 2010???

longhairlover

I feel you with the bad air and it destroying the hair on days your not driving, a few days ago I was interviewing in mahnattan and took the train :( boy did it wreck havoc on my strands, growing up in nyc I never realized that people smoked cigarettes so much, well the smoky air was awful to the hair so I share your pain.

did the dc treatments and finally got the comb through my hair.

did a rollerset which looked great at home!

then i went out in the windy weather and it flopped.

i don't want to use hairspray or gel or setting lotion, not even the "alcohol free" brands (they dry my hair out in other ways), so i guess i'll have to try this when i know i'll be going from the door of the car to the door of my destination with no walking around in between, lol!

Mona123

I'm interested in hearing how this challenge worked out for everyone...Did the rollersetting actually help with growth and retention? Or was it too much manipulation for some?

TeeDee66

I don't know what's going on with my hair. It grew in October and November but then it shed right before my perm touch up and now it's uneven. I still like roller setting though. My hair is thicker and softer. I'm hoping by Springtime my hair will be better.:yep:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I'm interested in hearing how this challenge worked out for everyone...Did the rollersetting actually help with growth and retention? Or was it too much manipulation for some?

For me, it didn't help with growth...I don't think it would, so that's whatever.
I think it did help with retention...it made my ends smooth and soft, and made it so that I never had to use direct heat on them.
And my ends seem to accept moisture better when I rollerset than when I let them air dry. I don't know if that's in my head or what.

These are my progress pictures over the course of the year. I'm a slow grower, so even though it isn't much, I'm still happy with it:

December 2009

March 2010

July 2010

December 2010

blondemane

Any natural 4bs rollerset? or use curl formers? I would probably keep them out for one week and pinned up the other. I dont want my ends to be looking all jacked up. I'm so fed up with my hair and tryin to explore options