Roller sets... What size rollers?

BeExceptional26

Hey ladies! So I have natural 3C hair and just ordered a soft bonnet hair dryer because i wanted to try doing roller sets. My question is what size and kind of rollers would work best for a straighter style and where is the best place to find them? Thanks!!

I don't know the exact size, but if you go to Sally's, I would suggest the three largest rollers:

Purple Rollers (Medium) - Will give you more of a bump at the end.
Gray Rollers (Large) - Will give more body, but still pretty straight.
Black Rollers (Extra Large) - Will keep hair pretty sleek, however, you need to ALOT of hair in order to put these in!!

if you want it tsraight go for 2 in rollers
They are the gey ones in magnetic, they also exist in mesh.
You can go for even larger rollers if you have very long hair, but you will not enter under the soft hood dryer anyway

If you have shoulder length hair, what size rollers would you use? I've been using purple but I'm thinking that maybe I should be using smaller ones? What do you ladies think?

Last edited:
What size/color do you use for apl? 2 in./grey?
How do you measure, 8-10 inches= ______ color/inches, 10-14= ________ color/inches.....?
I have the black magnetic ones from the bs, but they're only 1.5 inches in diameter. Are there larger rollers? Do/Would I need larger ones? If so, how large do they go?

Last edited:
I use the 3 in large bright green ones...another common color for that size is purple. I love it. I get lift and sleekness.

I use the 3 in large bright green ones...another common color for that size is purple. I love it. I get lift and sleekness.
Thanks for your help Raine. How long is your hair? Mine is about apl. Do you have to air dry then, or can you still wet set? How many rollers do you use to cover your head?

Back