ROLL CALL! RELAXED/TEXLAXED TYPE 4, past BSL please post!

How long is your hair/

• Total voters

sunnieb

Anymore of ya'll gorgeous type 4 BSL+ relaxed ladies out there??

Come out, come out, wherever you are....:look:

beans4reezy

Not to make waves, but what's the point of this? just curious.

I was just reading a book that stated that it is close to impossible for chemically relaxed hair to grow to longer lengths. This thread and the posts refute that assertion.

This thread is so encouraging, because as a 4b- I see the possibility is there if I work hard enough for it. Once again, a big thank you to Sylver2 for creating this thread and showing us that it's not impossible- it CAN be done :yep:

sylver2

I was just reading a book that stated that it is close to impossible for chemically relaxed hair to grow to longer lengths. This thread and the posts refute that assertion.

This thread is so encouraging, because as a 4b- I see the possibility is there if I work hard enough for it. Once again, a big thank you to Sylver2 for creating this thread and showing us that it's not impossible- it CAN be done :yep:

Thanks girl. I needed to find us lol.
it seemed like out in regular world not hair forum world..we are the majority and unfortunately thats who has the most chewed up, dry etc etc etc blah blah hair. us chemically relaxed 4As & Bs. No type 3 sections at all!! and even on the hair boards..for awhile it was hard finding us who did have long hair. the ones who did were always 3C-4A.
but :yep:.IT IS POSSIBLE FOR US 4As-Bs!!
but yea it damn sure takes hard work, time & patience :lol:. a few setbacks getting there..but at least we know we can get there.

grow

thanks for this thread, sylver2!

i'm a 4 something and never thought my hair could get past EL.

yet since joning this board and totally changing my routine, i actually realized i was passing the BSL line in February.

i checked the MBL box because that's where i hope to be when i perm next month.

then looking at your pics and those of the ladies here, i can dream on to realizing WL and beyond!

hhj ladies!

prospurr4

Great thread! I am 4B, texlaxed, MBL, and I thank God for my progress, so far. However, it has been a challenge for me to reach WL. Seems like I've been about 1 to 2 inches away for about a year! :nono:

This year, I've changed some things up, and as a result, it appears I am retaining my length better. I am paying closer attention to my diet, adding more cardio to my workouts, and eliminating trims for the rest of the year.

I have the thickness that I want, so come-oonnnnn WL!

Last edited:

lowridin76

I'll be joining the ranks soon, hopefully! I am just barely bsl right now.

Sent from my HERO200 using HERO200

DarkandLovely

I second that...I hope to be amongst the ranks one day in the near future

I'm so glad this thread has resurfaced. I remember making the above post in 6/09 I think I was around CBL at the time and I'm thrilled to report that I made MBL at the end of 5/11!!! I never imagined I would actually be able to post in this thread b/c my hair has actually never been longer than full CBL :drunk:

Stretch length check--I'm texlaxed so still a bit of shrinkage

sunnieb

Finally grazing BSL now. I betta be able to check in on this thread by December dangit!

Sent from my Comet

sunnieb

Relaxed on Friday, and it's official......

I'm BSL!!!! :woohoo:

Let this post serve as my check in!

Sent from my Comet

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I'm 4 something or other but def not a 3 something or other. :spinning:

CHECKING IN! I should be MBL next month. My August siggy pic is an air dried pic so a little shrinkage. But my profile pic in my album is the same day when I was deep conditioning and I was def BSL in AUG. :drunk:

It would be nice to be W'Hip length though. :blush:

I have to add the rest of my pics in the album to show my heat damaged ends in 2010, that's when I started my journey. I noticed my hair didn't do any real retention until the middle of 2011. Seems like until I healed those damaged ends, my hair wouldn't budge. Maybe that's just the way hair works??? :lol:

I love this thread though!! I'm subscribing for my update next month.

vestaluv1

4something relaxed hair. I guess I'm past Waist length.
Yet again I'm undecided... I'm either aiming for hip length or going to transition and cut gradually, but that story is for a separate post.

bebezazueta

Yay! I can post here! Relaxed 4A past BSL. I would be MBL/WL by now but my monthly dustings turned into monthly trims. I'm getting impatient in growing out my layers and working on a thin spot.

Here's my hair @ 6 weeks post Rollerset with French bouffant rollers

I'm so excited. I'm hoping to claim mbl next month.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1321038335374.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321038335374.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 75