ROLL CALL! RELAXED/TEXLAXED TYPE 4, past BSL please post!

How long is your hair/

• Total voters

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm relaxed and am a newbie. Someone posted a comment to me (in a different thread) that relaxed hair doesn't have a hair type. Is that so? I don't remember what my natural pattern is. My NG is wavy like a 3c/4a. I'm APL/BSB.

sylver2

Hey ladies, i made this thread because i wanted to see the length of specifically type 4 ladies who relaxed. Type 4 without any type 3 sections at all. 4a-4b.

janeemat

What's your regimen?

Wash Wed and Sat. Sometimes Wed is a co-wash. I rollerset 99% of the time. Hair is down on Sunday and often on Mondays. Then I bun until Wed wash rollersetting again. I usually put the rollerset up Thurs and Friday. I moisturize my ends morning and night. I also deep cond with heat on Wed and Sat. What's a girl to do?

Ms_Twana

Just thought I'd bump this for those that may be in this category now. I think I've got about another half inch before I'll officially claim MBL. :yep:

Wash Wed and Sat. Sometimes Wed is a co-wash. I rollerset 99% of the time. Hair is down on Sunday and often on Mondays. Then I bun until Wed wash rollersetting again. I usually put the rollerset up Thurs and Friday. I moisturize my ends morning and night. I also deep cond with heat on Wed and Sat. What's a girl to do?

Sorry. I'm just now seeing this. Tell me about the healthy of your hair. How does it feel? Do you have split ends? Do you have breakage? If you look at my siggy pic, there's not much progress in the last two pics; and that's in a 7 month time frame. I think it's due to breakage and split ends.

sylver2

Not to make waves, but what's the point of this? just curious.
not sure if u read the thread or not..but i pulled a few quotes frm it to answer u. below

I would love to see the ladies who are past brastrap with type 4a to 4b chemically relaxed hair. How many of us are here?

**ladies with specifically type 4a-4b please...without any type 3ish sections** straight up type 4a-4b!

Thanks. i think hair type plays a big role in growth & retaining length. Its rare that i have seen chemically relaxed hair that is a type 4 only.. past bra strap. no 3's.
just straight type 4ish. wanted to find these ladies and see their regimens and pics and show others it can be done on our type hair even though it's chemically relaxed and not natural.

Hey Sylver2...Checkin in for you...I don't think our hair grows in slower...But retainment is the real problem...The tighter the coil the harder to keep moisture and avoid breakage....Once you figure out how to retain length its smooth sailing in your journey..

I would love to see the numbers change one day

niqu92

Well..im mostly 4a..i'd say about 70% and the rest is 3c:look:
but then again im not that great with hair typing,so heres a pic of me when i was natural 2yrs ago w/a wash&go...

..plz dont pay attention to my brastrap @ the time i was a junior and didnt know how to dress properly lol...

i was like 1inch past BSL when stretched.ugh i hated shrinkage
thats one thing i dont miss about being natural

but now im currently relaxed @ MBL,almost WL
ive been thinking about transitioning but i honestly dont think i have enough patience to do so.and i would never BC because ive never had short hair in my life and it wouldnt feel right if i did. So as of now im just sticking with being relaxed

Lavendar

4a, with 4b from front to crown. Finally know my hair types after attempting to transition for 8.5 months this year. Grew from ear/neck to 1 inch from WL in early part of my journey. Relaxed again and cut to APL in mid-July....now BSL and on the grow again. WL or bust!

BeautifulFlower

I've posted in this thread when I was BSL & MBL.

I am now past WSL. Still relaxed. No plans of transitioning.

I am believe I am 4a but my curl pattern is different in different sections of my hair so I'll just leave it as 4a.