Relaxed/Texlaxed Support!

I love thermasmooth. You just have to remember to rotate a deep conditioner with the system since the conditioner itself is not a deep conditioner. I apply heat per the professional instructions for 10-15 minutes or so. As taz said, thermasmooth prices can be high but if you get the liter sizes, it will be more affordable. Ulta was charging 18 bucks for the 8oz conditioner and I get the liter size for 24 online :perplexed

I have used smooth down before but the only real star of that line to me is the butter treat but its easy to over use it if you don't have very thick coarse hair. BTW, Redken and Mizani are made by the same people so the lines really are comparable.

HELP!!!!

I'm new here and after reading this thread I know I'm in good hands.

I'm the worst when it comes to haircare. I go to the salon once a week where they wash, condition, and then blow my hair to within an inch of its life. The reason being because I have the thickest, coarsest hair known to man. My hair has been relaxed all my life and it is the only way I'm able to deal with it. It grows very quickly and I've never been able to go more than a month without a touch-up relaxer.

Due to some personal stress, my hair is falling out. Badly. I'm also moving to a new state and I know that it's time for me to take control of my hair myself. I've never had a good relationship with my hair but I'm tired of hating it. I think I'm gonna cut some of it off to get rid of the split ends but past that I don't know where to start. Please help, I use whatever is around when it comes to caring for it, what shampoos/conditioners are good? I want to start putting some space between touch-ups (a little at a time, can't jump from a month to four overnight!) but can't begin to think of what my hair is gonna look like.

I need a whole new regimen. Help!

TIA

Re: HELP!!!!

I'm new here and after reading this thread I know I'm in good hands.

I'm the worst when it comes to haircare. I go to the salon once a week where they wash, condition, and then blow my hair to within an inch of its life. The reason being because I have the thickest, coarsest hair known to man. My hair has been relaxed all my life and it is the only way I'm able to deal with it. It grows very quickly and I've never been able to go more than a month without a touch-up relaxer.

Due to some personal stress, my hair is falling out. Badly. I'm also moving to a new state and I know that it's time for me to take control of my hair myself. I've never had a good relationship with my hair but I'm tired of hating it. I think I'm gonna cut some of it off to get rid of the split ends but past that I don't know where to start. Please help, I use whatever is around when it comes to caring for it, what shampoos/conditioners are good? I want to start putting some space between touch-ups (a little at a time, can't jump from a month to four overnight!) but can't begin to think of what my hair is gonna look like.

I need a whole new regimen. Help!

TIA

Hey Hun! Welcome to R/T support! I suggest you start off simple, you don't want to overload yourself and have further setbacks. You should probably start with a good trim since your hair is damaged, I started at a little past EL with a good trim and I've only trimmed 4x since (lurker since late 07) I'm now a little past APL.

Maybe you could start with a regimen like this?
-Moisturize & Seal Nightly.
-Wash and DC every week.
-Mild protein every 2-4 weeks.
-Oil scalp, especially thin areas, 3x weekly.
-Stretch your relaxers at least 8-10 weeks.
-Protective Style, buns can be fun and cute.

Here are some products that could work with that regimen: Qhemet moisturizers or NTM silk touch, these are popular amongst chemically treated ladies. Coconut Oil, Avocado, Olive, Jojoba etc oils or Shea butter. Creme of Nature, Joico, Keracare or any shampoo that's moisturizing for your hair. Check out the Delicious DC challenge for DC recommendations. Aphogee 2 minute Keratin reconstructor. Baking Soda or a clarifying shampoo to remove buildup.

I personally use all natural or near natural products and my hair has done a 360 turn, if this is in your budget, I HIGHLY recommend it! Any more questions feel free to ask! Happy Hair Growing! :yep:

;_; I never noticed this thread before!!

I have 4B hair, completely natural,, I am thinking of texlaxing and having it done at a salon..or if I can find someone here whose texlaxed with good results close enough to help me out if they want >.< but yeah I was wondering do you all agree that texlaxing helped with your shrinkage? (if you had any ^^)

Hey Hun! Welcome to R/T support! I suggest you start off simple, you don't want to overload yourself and have further setbacks. You should probably start with a good trim since your hair is damaged, I started at a little past EL with a good trim and I've only trimmed 4x since (lurker since late 07) I'm now a little past APL.

-Wash and DC every week.

Here are some products that could work with that regimen: Qhemet moisturizers or NTM silk touch, these are popular amongst chemically treated ladies. Coconut Oil, Avocado, Olive, Jojoba etc oils or Shea butter. Creme of Nature, Joico, Keracare or any shampoo that's moisturizing for your hair. Check out the Delicious DC challenge for DC recommendations. Aphogee 2 minute Keratin reconstructor. Baking Soda or a clarifying shampoo to remove buildup.

I personally use all natural or near natural products and my hair has done a 360 turn, if this is in your budget, I HIGHLY recommend it! Any more questions feel free to ask! Happy Hair Growing! :yep:

Thanks so much! When it comes to a relationship as important as a woman and her hair (LoL) I don't think you can put a price on that (even if you do have to save a month for the right conditioner!)

-Wash and DC every week.
:yep:

I'm new to the whole Forum talk, what's sealing?

;_; I never noticed this thread before!!

I have 4B hair, completely natural,, I am thinking of texlaxing and having it done at a salon..or if I can find someone here whose texlaxed with good results close enough to help me out if they want >.< but yeah I was wondering do you all agree that texlaxing helped with your shrinkage? (if you had any ^^)

What's texlaxing? I'm new so I'm sure you're looking at your screen wondering what planet I wandered in from (LoL) but before this thread I've really never heard of it.

What's texlaxing? I'm new so I'm sure you're looking at your screen wondering what planet I wandered in from (LoL) but before this thread I've really never heard of it.

I'm new also xD and I'm not 100% sure, but it is like relaxed left on for half the time or even less and some people I think add oils or grease to the relaxer so that it doesn't relax the hair bone straight. :lick:

I'm reading the other threads and it looks like a big side effect of texlaxing is thicker hair. While that sounds great for some, that is not something I want! I'm the girl with so much hair that whenever they see my hair the price for whatever style goes up $20, and all I hear the whole time is "wow I've never seen hair this thick!". I'm not bragging, trust me it is a nightmare to deal with!

I was really interested in the texlaxing concept but if thicker hair is what I have to look for I'll continue relaxing. Anyone wanna help?

I'm reading the other threads and it looks like a big side effect of texlaxing is thicker hair. While that sounds great for some, that is not something I want! I'm the girl with so much hair that whenever they see my hair the price for whatever style goes up $20, and all I hear the whole time is "wow I've never seen hair this thick!". I'm not bragging, trust me it is a nightmare to deal with!

I was really interested in the texlaxing concept but if thicker hair is what I have to look for I'll continue relaxing. Anyone wanna help?

I don't know if the texlaxing will make my natural hair any thicker than it already is >.< but if it does................:sad: I'm gonna be pissed lol :(:(
it is a nightmare dealing with natural thick 4b hair :( esp. with the tiny bottles products come in lmao. :ohwell:

I think most of the people that texlaxed have had full relaxers before and it thinned their naturally thick hair out maybe, so they probably mean the texlaxing doesn't thin the hair out as much so its still full and thick =D

Or am I wrong?? o.0

I don't know if the texlaxing will make my natural hair any thicker than it already is >.< but if it does................:sad: I'm gonna be pissed lol :(:(
it is a nightmare dealing with natural thick 4b hair :( esp. with the tiny bottles products come in lmao. :ohwell:

I think most of the people that texlaxed have had full relaxers before and it thinned their naturally thick hair out maybe, so they probably mean the texlaxing doesn't thin the hair out as much so its still full and thick =D

Or am I wrong?? o.0

I feel the same way! My hair has always been fully relaxed but its so thick that it usually goes something like this: relaxer, shampoo, conditioner, roller set (followed by two hours under the dryer!), flat iron (cause my hair still is a puffy mess). It's been like that all my life, the last thing I need is something to make it even thicker.

Tinka and Rikku, texlaxing is normally done by ladies who relax but have pretty fine hair and could use a little thickness, so they texlax the hair to achieve the desired thickness. If your hair is already thick and you would like a more sleek look, then perhaps texlaxing is not for you.

Tinka and Rikku, texlaxing is normally done by ladies who relax but have pretty fine hair and could use a little thickness, so they texlax the hair to achieve the desired thickness. If your hair is already thick and you would like a more sleek look, then perhaps texlaxing is not for you.

I was just coming in to explain texlaxing as well. Aggie did a great job. I have thick hair but I texlax.

Aggie, love your siggy pic.

You long term stretchers! How do you do it?

I am so struggling with 1.5" of new growth at 9 weeks. I usually relax at 6-7 weeks. But Imma stay strong.

I just purchased some 11 en 1 to help soften my 4C hair :nono:

Off to go read the long term stretchers thread.

Hi Ladies,

I've sat here all night reading all the posts. Thanks so much for creating this thread. The issue with me is that my daughter has a texterizer...even though I think it a litter straighter than i hoped it would be. She is experiencing some breakage and I've brought some EQP Mango Butter, it seems to work well. I will look forward to this board to help me in taking care of her hair. I trimmed it myself last week. She is only 2 weeks into her texlaxed hair. From reading this board, I will give her a Aphogree 2min this Sat, as I did not after she was texlaxed. i did however, base scalp and put protein on her hair before it was texlaxed.

Again, thanks for a suupporting thread!

NaeS

I used Just for Me Texterizer on her hair and was wondering when i tex again, if I should change to another relaxer. Also, any ideas on what i can do for her hair in the summer...I was thinking about braids, but was not sure if I would be able to keep her hair moisterized.
Thanks
NaeS

Hi Ladies,

I've sat here all night reading all the posts. Thanks so much for creating this thread. The issue with me is that my daughter has a texterizer...even though I think it a litter straighter than i hoped it would be. She is experiencing some breakage and I've brought some EQP Mango Butter, it seems to work well. I will look forward to this board to help me in taking care of her hair. I trimmed it myself last week. She is only 2 weeks into her texlaxed hair. From reading this board, I will give her a Aphogree 2min this Sat, as I did not after she was texlaxed. i did however, base scalp and put protein on her hair before it was texlaxed.

Again, thanks for a suupporting thread!

NaeS

I used Just for Me Texterizer on her hair and was wondering when i tex again, if I should change to another relaxer. Also, any ideas on what i can do for her hair in the summer...I was thinking about braids, but was not sure if I would be able to keep her hair moisterized.
Thanks

NaeS

Hey Nae...

Just a few questions/comments -

What strength relaxer are you using
Are you using a moisturizing deep conditioner - if so, what kind?
When doing the Aphogee 2 minute - I would recommend using a moisturizing dc afterwards -
Would you happen to have a picture of her hair - in the event it is in a fragile state - I would not advise putting it in braids...

Hey Nae...

Just a few questions/comments -

What strength relaxer are you using
Are you using a moisturizing deep conditioner - if so, what kind?
When doing the Aphogee 2 minute - I would recommend using a moisturizing dc afterwards -
Would you happen to have a picture of her hair - in the event it is in a fragile state - I would not advise putting it in braids...

Hi...
The "Just For Me Texturizer" does not mentioned a speciic strength...it supposed to be a texterizer for kids. I am using ORS and Choles. Shea Butter for deep conditioning. Before I wash her hair, I put coconut oil and conditioner conditioner and let that sit for about 1/2 to 1 hour. Then I wash and deep condition. The I towel Dry, just wraping to get out excess water. The I put some shea butter on it and/or ORS Hair Lotion. This week, I've been putting EQP Mango Butter and oil to seal every morning. It's looking great. Saturday is when I'll do the Aphogee 2 min., dc as you said and then put some mango butter/oil and tie down until the am...i'll then flat iron and style on Sunday morning....better yet, I think I'll do her hair Friday night and flat on Saturday.

Thanks for your imput,
NaeS

I am due for a relaxer very soon and I was wondering what do I need to do to protect my already process hair. Can I prepoo? Any suggestion will be helpful.

I am due for a relaxer very soon and I was wondering what do I need to do to protect my already process hair. Can I prepoo? Any suggestion will be helpful.

You can use conditioner, oil, (a little ) vasaline, or even scalp base. Any of these will work fine or a combo of them will work. I use something by Fiberguard called Proservo and I will use a little of the scalp base as well. Make sure not to get it on the new growth or you will be under processed.

Guys, im gonna relax next saturday after transitioning for 8 months with phyto 2.
My hair type is 4b and i am going to do the aphogee 2 step protein on Monday to strengthen my hair.
What is the best relaxing sequence? and the best products to use? I already have Joico intense hydrator, aphogee 2 min & shea butter cholesorol & want to order some cera repair hyratherapie.
Should i do a light protein after neutralising & then deep condition with moisture? Or is the protein best after rinsing?

like aggie said...i have thin fine hair and i texlax to keep relaxer from killing my fullness. however check out miss kibibi. her blog site is kibibhair.com she is 4a, had very long and very thick hair, and she texlaxes.......her site may at least give you a reference of what to expect if you have thick hair, but choose to texlax.

it's my opinion that you can texlax thick hair for a bit more manageability than being fully natural and the ability to straighten the hair with a little less effort, but want to avoid chemical damage and the lack of body that relaxing can SOMETIMES cause.

I'm still a part of this thread, never mind that I am natural now. I plan to texlax again perhaps after my hair reaches APL again. The thing is no-lye relaxers really destroyed/chewed off my ends along with some other practices (like cowashing daily) and I needed to revamp my whole haircare process. It was growing but I did not like the dull brittle looking ends from the no-lye relaxer:nono:.

My fine hair did not like no-lye relaxers but I discovered that far too late and now that I cut off all the no-lye relaxed ends, I can take better care of my hair using a mild lye relaxer:yep:. I doubt I'll be diluting my relaxer anymore but I keep it in my hair for half the recommended time on the jar. Oooh I may add 2 caps of silk amino acid to it though and that's it.

I texturized in may and I really like it, but sometimes I want to continue to go on into natural, but I like how the texturizer stretches & helps my hair hold onto moisture, my fully natural hair would not hold onto moisture and I would have brittle hair and get frustrated, so I think I might just do a touch up in september which will be 4 months and I should have adequate amount of growth, then when it gets longer I will push for 2x's a year!

Wish me Luck!!

Back