the new texlaxed support thread

EmeRaldPrinXess

Iv been thinking about relaxing lately, since going natural 2+ years ago. I don't really want to relax since it wrecks havoc on my edges and temple baby fine hair. I have fine hair so I am considering texlaxing instead because I would like the option of wearing my hair straight sometimes, which is very hard with my natural hair that reverts really quickly in2 a frizzy mess shortly after blow drying or flat ironing:nono::perplexed. I am now currently doing my research b4 I plunge in2 this, so :thankyou: ladies for all ur tips:grin::yep:

sunbubbles

Hey ladies! Thanks for making a new texlaxed thread! I hope this one gets some more love, cause the last one seemed to had died off! Im a newly texlaxed head as of Oct 2010. I was fully natural for 3 yrs b4 that but decided that as my hair gets longer Im tired of having to keep it stretched. That being said, Im currently 15 weeks post (woo hoo) and trying to carry it out to 24 weeks, but i might get bored and relax b4 then. below are some pics of when I had just rinsed the relaxer out. Im only relaxed about 50-60% (i think) I cant decide if next time to leave the relaxer on longer (AND do a corrective,) or just to do more smoothing, because about 2 weeks after the texlax my hair started to shrink up again!!! Any suggestions ladies???

Attachments

• Rachaels Pics 093.jpg
    Rachaels Pics 093.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Rachaels Pics 094.jpg
    Rachaels Pics 094.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Rachaels Pics 100.jpg
    Rachaels Pics 100.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Rachaels Pics 101.jpg
    Rachaels Pics 101.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 77

bimtheduck

My new stylist doeant believe in relaxing bone straight so my last 3 touch ups with her gave me a texlax result. It took some getting use to but since its only been since September of 2010 I dont have a whole bunch of texlaxed hair compaired to my relaxed hair. Dealing with 3 textured when I stretch can be trying but Im learning. Hopefully after Ive reached my Wl/HL goal Ill cinti ue with texlaxing then transition to natural. Im thinking that caring for my texlaxed hair will prepare me for my natural hair.

bahamababe242

My hair REFUSES to go bone straight, so after a few failed correctives, I'm embracing my texlaxed hair! I mostly banana clip it and bun it up coz I'm lazy :lol:

Luscious850

BUMP!!

Hey Ladies!
Question: How long are you ladies going in between relaxers?

I'm at 2 months and I'm ready to throw in the towel. Lol. I'm almost convinced this beast is untamable

Majestye

BUMP!!

Hey Ladies!
Question: How long are you ladies going in between relaxers?

I'm at 2 months and I'm ready to throw in the towel. Lol. I'm almost convinced this beast is untamable

I'm at about 8-9 months. I started texlaxing (properly) about two years ago and then started stretching to every 3-4 months. But somehow I made it this far....so I'm not sure if I'm stretching still or transitioning to natural. This is by far the easiest stretch/transition because of the texlaxed hair. I had a chance to get used to the texture slowly. It's so hard to quit relaxing straight cold turkey!

I do love the natural texture, but the fuzziness and poof when it's humid is making me think I may want to texlax and just severely reduce the time I leave it in.

Sent from my Xoom using Xoom