Relaxed girls...Have you worn full weaves?

justnotsure

I'm relaxed and scared to go natural because I just don't have the time. However, I was thinking about getting a full weave until summertime 2009 (you know the kind where you leave some of the hair out in the front, sides and back).

I just wanted to know if any of you have ever done this with relaxed hair for an extended period of time. How did you take care of your hair? I plan on reinstalling every 2 months and continuing with my normal relaxer schedule (every 8 weeks or so...).

Please give me any advice or tips you guys can offer...btw, my stylist said that he would use Remi hair for the sew in...is that ok (its kind of expensive)? Does it look natural?

I need help!!:wallbash: This will be the first time that I have ever had a sew in of any type, and I am attempting to use it as a growing/protection tool for the next 5-6 months. So tell me what I need to do!!:whip:

I'm no expert...I only got a full sew-in once. Itched like crazy, but it looked good and I liked being able to do different styles w/o damaging my own hair. Just don't get Milky Way Blue....that mess was shedding almost as soon as I stepped out of the shop.

Lots of relaxed ladies gets sew-ins, so it shouldn't be a problem for you. I didn't know how to take care of my hair under a weave, so I can't help you there. Good luck & please post pics! I love pics.

********eta: I had to remove that pic, ugh that weave was not cute!

Oh....I remember now what the problem was with that weave. This lady did not know what she was doing. You could see humps in my hair! She added too much hair to the cornrows and my hair is already thick. It was not cute at all at first, but I had an advanced stylist cut it so it looked better, but with those humps it was so un-natural-looking and I took it down after maybe 5 weeks. Question the stylist and ask for pics of her work before you let her get in your head- or, better yet, get a referral because that is a lot of money and time to be disappointed by the end result.

Last edited:
I have done it using Extensions Plus relaxed texture. The beauty of this hair is it looks and ACTS just like my relaxed hair - when I let my hair airdry it still matched. Flatironed it still matched. I washed using diluted shampoo in an application bottle. The EPRT hair is expensive, but it is a high quality product - the wefts are very well made (minimal shedding) and the hair can be reused (for at least a year). Also, you don't need to buy 8 oz for a full weave. The wefts are very full; I usually used a little over 4 oz.

Thanks Mizzdebbi and Soulie...and I promise to post pictures of the before and after!! Keep the suggestions coming!

Back