Full Head Weaves

Harina

DISCLAIMER: I AM PRETTY CLUELESS WHEN IT COMES TO WEAVES

I've only had a sew in weave and a glue in weave (never again). I keep on hearing about a full head weave. is this where the hair is completely hidden underneath the weave or is there some of your real hair exposed? (if not, is there a weave where the hair is completely hidden) are these similar to tracks? what's the best way to maintain the weave for optimal usage? how long do they usually last when taken care of? how much to they usually cost? what do you find the best brand of hair is for the full head? do you think this would be a good idea for a full time college student? do you feel that the hair grows well underneath the weave? whew! feel free to answer one, two, or all of the questions if you want? your insight would be much appreciated. thanks!

Crissi

Yes you can have a full head sew in weave. In my signature pic(s) I have a full head sew in weave, it costs me £40 (about $70) for 2 bags of Sleek (a brand we have in the UK, I don't know if its sold in the USA, however I feel it beats every brand I've tried, especially after my stylist wraps it and puts me under the dryer). And my stylist charges £50 (about $90) to weave it. It lasts me about 2-3 months, I'd oil my scalp with whatever I have avalaible and moisturize with a leave in like african royale hair doctor, or african royale braid brx spray. A good stylist should also be able to do a full head weave that is neat, flat and bump free...

I found it beneficial for my hair, it was longer everytime, but it was very brittle everytime I took it out, I always needed to do serious deep conditioning with motions cpr, lekairs, and osmo's essence.

However I do think its much easier to grow my hair out on its own without the use of weaves, as it doesn't get brittle, course or dry (which all leads to breakage eventually). Plus I feel like it put some stress on my hairline, since I've shaved off my hair its grown in nice and thick. Oops I digressed, I hope it was helpful though.

Lucia

Yes I've used this off and on for 2-3 years nowI wear a head band and all my hair is braided and covered with the sewn-in weave. You retain alot of length, but you have to be careful taking it down and keeping your real hair moisturized underneath. I've found the answer for that one, baggie method(full platic cap on head), and misting my real hair tracks. HTH

glamazon386

A full head weave is a weave where all the hair is hidden underneath. It's just braided a different way than say a partial weave so that it can be closed and look natural. I had one during the winter months. I didn't really do anything to it but put a satin cap on it at first but then I got too lazy to do that. I used cheapy curly human hair from the bss. It held up fine and I got a lot of compliments but to be honest i never really liked the style so I took it out after a month. I only washed it once bc I didn't want the hair to get frizzy. I usually wash my weaves once a week. It costed the same price as I pay for my regular weaves with a little hair out in the front for blending ($80). I think it's a good idea for a college student (I just recently graduated and wore weaves and wigs most of the time while I was in school). I'm not sure if my hair grew any better while it was under there because I didn't do it for a period of time. However I do know that the front of my hair is growing the slowest (the part that I usually leave out to blend) so it would make sense that the hair thats actually braided is growing better. HTH... Oh yeah here's a picture:

Oh yeah, Asummertyme usually does a full head curly weave herself. I'm sure she could give you more info.

Last edited:

Maycoco

Hi Im new here (although been browsing for sometime) I too wear a full weave (since Dec 2005) and so far I would say that my hair is probably in a lot better condition than when it was in plaits. Ive never had a problem with it being dry as I moisturise every few days.

I usually pay around about 50 pounds and wear hair by Sensationnel which is about 20-25 pounds a bag for 16 to 18 ins of hair. Ive also worn (and still reuse) Wagman Euro and Deep Curl but as its quite pricey and I will have to keep restock for the front section of my hair (as I wear long fringes/bangs or short fringes Im trying to stick with Sensationnel or something similar.