Random rants and raves

Random poll

• I'm hungry :lick:

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Oooh, Top Chef comes on tonight!!! :yay:

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • I wanna do my hair :D

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • How many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop? :confused:

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • *sigh* I'm tired :look:

Votes: 29 43.9%

• Total voters

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Raves:
-GVP is what's up! I lurve everything I've tried! My hair is spoiled now and doesn't want anything to do with Silk Elements and the like :look:
-Mixing a clear rinse with my dc is the best! My hair was so silky and buttery soft. I can't wait till tomorrow, I'm gonna mix my rinse with Kenra MC :love3:
-My hair is so shiny and smooth, I love rinses!!! :D

Rants:
-When I went to Sally's, they were out of Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1!!! :cry2:
-I panicked and picked up some S-Curl instead. This is the first time I've ever tried it, and it ain't got ISH on Hawaiian Silky. There's no comparison! I need my 14 in 1!!!! :cry:
-If ONE MORE rollerset comes out looking stupid, I'm gonna run down the street like a crazy cat lady punch a random person in the face!!! :boxing:

HoneyDew

I should not have been pin curling my hair with bobby pins nightly for most of the past year. :look:

I has some major hair loss and I know it was from misusing the pins in the back of my head. I had to cut my hair last night and start over.

But that's fine! :yep: My hair seems thicker and has more body now after the cut. Nothing wrong with that!

NO MORE pins, clips or anything on my hair when I go to bed!

BrownBetty

I was sad over the 2 inches I had to cut 2 weeks ago but now I am okay. I can wear it out and it looks good. I have been really good about moisturizing and protective styling.

Maybe I will be BSL again this life time.

I need to find a couple of funky protective styles to wear cause I get bored easily.

Amerie123

-Ugh! I am ready to see my progress under this sew-in and all of this NG!!

-I don't know what products are my true STAPLES just yet; it's been in a weave for most of my journey thus far. :lachen:

-But, I do love everything I've tried in the times without weave, and with weave (which are: aphogee 2 step, Kenra Clarifying Shampoo, Nexxus Humectress, Kenra Moist Shampoo, aphogee 2-min reconstructor, elasta QP mango butter, etc).

skatergurljubulee

Rave: I'm stretching to as long as possible and I'm 11 weeks post now. Even though it's been hard not to scratch my head, I'm excited to see the progress!
Rant: Why are we obsessed with texture?!?!? Why can't we just get along? And another thing... my scalp itches! But I will persist... lol

Smiley79

LOLLLLL....T you crazy girl.

My rant is that pic I got in my sig....how's that for a rant.

My rave is the products that I've been pretty happy with as I build a reigmen for my hair. CON poo, Aubrey organics HSR (where you been all my life), Hawaiaan Silky (mmmuuuahh) my CHI serum and most of all my biggest rave: ehh hemm...drum roll pls:
THIS LHCF FORUM!!!! Couldn't do it without y'all. I absolutely could not!!!​

BeautifulFlower

Raves:

I finally found the skin regimen that maintains my skin and manages my stress breakouts.....ACNE.org if youre interested.

I just completed my master bedroom redesign. I might post pictures. I am so proud of the results.

I love my family, and my ex-boyfriend, and God most importantly. I am so blessed. My family is so supportive and fun to be around. My ex is the best guy ever...we belong together...but I need to focus on me right now...*sigh*....God not enough words to express my gratitiude for his love for me.

I have an event this friday and saturday....can we say SEDU?

RANTS

I need to do a corrective seriously.

MA2010

Rants: I'm super tired of sleeping with cold conditioner hair this winter!!! DH wants more of my dry hair when I go to bed....lol!!! :nono:

I can't get a rollerset to save my life. I want to relax so bad!! :nono:

The denman is EVIL!!! It was pulling out all my strands. :nono:

Raves: 14 in 1 is in effect!!! I can finally detangle all the way! MY LACE FRONT IS ON ITS WAY!!!! :yep:

ajoyfuljoy

RAVE:
I do also like that Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1!

Sometimes I think I should just be a beautician b/c like this hair stuff so much.

I think I will wear a half wig for most of 2009. It is like a hat that looks like hair to me. And I have enough hair underneath so that I don't have to stick the combs close to my scalp so it's all good :)

RANT:
I'm always going between transitioning and staying relaxed and I frustrate myself. As soon as I start combing out the shed hair, I get afraid of all the hair coming out and line of demarcation breakage so I relax.

I'm feeling like a serious pj cuz I have so many products. I also just bought a Sedu and I'm waiting for my paypal account to get its act together so I can get a steamer.

Last edited:

Allandra

Raves:
-GVP is what's up! I lurve everything I've tried! My hair is spoiled now and doesn't want anything to do with Silk Elements and the like :look:
-Mixing a clear rinse with my dc is the best! My hair was so silky and buttery soft. I can't wait till tomorrow, I'm gonna mix my rinse with Kenra MC :love3:
-My hair is so shiny and smooth, I love rinses!!! :D

Rants:
-When I went to Sally's, they were out of Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1!!! :cry2:
-I panicked and picked up some S-Curl instead. This is the first time I've ever tried it, and it ain't got ISH on Hawaiian Silky. There's no comparison! I need my 14 in 1!!!! :cry:
-If ONE MORE rollerset comes out looking stupid, I'm gonna run down the street like a crazy cat lady punch a random person in the face!!! :boxing:
The Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 was gone because you raved about it here. :yep: See how the ladies didn't even leave you any? What a shame.

Naturelle

RANT: When is my hair gonna get to bsl in it's natural unstretched state?

RANT: I want to straighten my hair but I need to buy a flat iron and good blowdryer (maybe). Don't know if I really want to straighten it yet.:sad:

RANT: I really need to get my butt studying this week, finish my assignment and book my exam...no more putting it off

RANT: I can't wait to see my SO, miss him

RAVE: (saw him yesterday, so what :look: ?)

Allandra

My transitioning is going well, and I'm so glad I decided to transition.

I want to do my hair RIGHT NOW so I can use my brand new bottle of SMB (sabino moisture block).

wheezy807

Seems like i've been a couple of inches from BSL the WHOLE damn year! *cries* I partly think it's because i don't have any boobs, lol. If i had boobs the back of my bra would slightly rise and i would have been BSL a while ago. And i don't think the dusting every two months is harmful, but then again i don't know. *sigh* For all i know my "supposite" BSL might actually be MBL, lol. The ng is definitely there, so what the hell gives? I never ever though i would have hair anxiety. Thanks, that felt somewhat better, lol.

Eisani

:lachen: @ this post Tiffers...I voted for How many licks...? :giggle: My mind is somewhere else though.

Random rant: Why someone always gotta be in the business? I have an eyebrow appt after work and someone was like "ooh, you need your brows done" like I didn't already know :hardslap: I look in the mirror EVERY day, more than once a day :look: so I don't need for you to point out something I already know! Amscray!

Rave: I've received a lot of compliments on my hair today, so I must've done something right :grin:

shtow

Rave: Im happy to have staple products!

Rant: I hate how my hair could be looking great but it only takes one night of not tying it up, which I do without fail out of laziness, to jack up my hair the rest of the week!

Rant: I wish I could rollerset and be happy, but I cant! My hair holds water and it takes at least 2-2.5 hours under the pibbs. I could not see my self rollersetting WL hair. It is my personal goal to be the first relaxed member to reach WL using heat weekly LOL Hey, it is possible, Im almost MBL and was APL when I started here last year lol

Rant: B/c I use so much heat, I need to up my protein but I am too lazy to DC twice.

Rave: I love pincurling.

Rave: I feel hot when I take my bun down and my curls just tumble!!!

Rave: I love how I only need to trim 2-3 times a year.

Rave: I love my 2 blond birthmarks in my hair. I wish God blessed me with more LOL

LynnieB

I really want to do my hair. I'm torn between putting in a set of twists or doing a flexirod set. Both will take a good long time(MAJOR deterrent), one of them I will get a double style out of when I'm too through with it (twists for the twist-out) but a flexi-set is so kewl.

What to do, what to do. :ohwell: Pitiful.

wheezy807

I have another rant, lol.
It's this lady at work that loves to touch my hair. Plus she always askes permission first, which i like. The first couple of times i thought it was cute and inquisitive. And she always follows up with a question. NOW it's getting annoying. Everytime i wear my hair out, here she comes... A while back she asked me if that was my natural hair. Well i was confused inside, lol. I'm thinking hair in it's natural state or my real hair, lol. But anyway she was talking about my real hair. How many times will she ask my the SAME questions? "How did you get your hair so straight? How long will this last? Can you wash this out?" You touched my hair before! It feel the same way!?:perplexed

Rave: I had another worker come up to me and say she likes my hair beause it's not like the other two black girls. OKAY?:lachen:She says my hair is, "como se dice?" And i said, "ummmmm.......healthy?" She says , "yeah, plus it's not all dry and unclean looking." Sorry that made me laugh inside and i thought i was kinda cute.

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Will I be APL by June 09
Will I succeed in dusting my ends in 3 weeks?
I want some HS 14n1 b/c of Tiffer:lick:
Ummm will this dude be good for me?:look:
Will I get an 'A' in Nutrition and Life Span?:rolleyes:
I am ready to start wearing my LF again....

Added:
I want a stand up dryer but not a Pibbs (too much money)
I need a job, so I can buy more stuff
I wanna find out my staples so I can stop spending my money on everything
Hell I dont know what I wanna do......

Last edited:

tapioca_pudding

Rave - I love castor oil.. it's the ish.

Rant - I'm getting a lil annoyed w/ ppl asking me to wear my hair down more. I bun it almost every day, but when I wear it down, ninjas act like I'm just doing myself SUCH a disservice by wearing a bun. :rolleyes: Yeah whatever.. Imma do me.

Rave - My hair is finally at a 'grabbable' length. :look: I'll leave it at that.

Rant - This MT has my hair growing so quickly that it's getting harder to go past six weeks post. It's taking more product to keep my edges flat. But that's okay; I'll just tweak my method and keep it moving. :yep:

Rave - I actually feel like my hair is getting long. It's not *long* to board standards at all. But for me and in my world, there is definitely a difference. :)

Rant - I miss jet black hair. My hair is this reddish/brown color but I'm thinking of doing a rinse soon.

Rave - 14 in 1 just may save me from having to dust/trim my ends at my next touchup. :D I'm forever grateful to you for that, Tiffers!

JerriBlank

Rants: I'm super tired of sleeping with cold conditioner hair this winter!!! DH wants more of my dry hair when I go to bed....lol!!! :nono:

I can't get a rollerset to save my life. I want to relax so bad!! :nono:

The denman is EVIL!!! It was pulling out all my strands. :nono:

Raves: 14 in 1 is in effect!!! I can finally detangle all the way! MY LACE FRONT IS ON ITS WAY!!!! :yep:

It did the exact same thing to me and i was convinced that i was the ONLY person on the board that tried and hates it:nono::nono::nono:

Rant:my hair is acting stupid now and I now realize that i have to up my dc frequency to get through this month until relaxer time...i just have to find something to stop breakage like senscience cpr does...so i'll be mixing it up for the rest of the week until i get it right:perplexed
Rave:i just tried TIGI honey and oatmeal condish...ooh baby...soft soft soft hair.I just used it as a leave in though...i can't wait to dc with this.

I am finishing up my first stretch w/o braids!Yay for me!

ShantWhite

Rave: Garlic is awesome! Rant: Yuk, garlic makes me smell like pizza!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rave: I LOVE noticing that my hair is growing THICKER AND HEALTHIER!
Rant: I HATE this darned stretching and the TANGLES that come with it!!
Rave: Whoopie! I'm beginning to pin down a simple staple and stick with it!
Rant: Darnit! I'm a Gemini and I can't seem to choose which products I want to cut out of or quit adding to my staple in order to K.I.S!!
Rave: I should be full APL by Christmas! Yaay! :grin:
Rant: How long do I have to wait to reach full BSL??? :sad:

***** I don't really like chocolate...

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
The Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 was gone because you raved about it here. :yep: See how the ladies didn't even leave you any? What a shame.

I know! Aren't they triflin'??? Try to help a sista out, and look what happens! :lachen:

JerriBlank

Oh! I forgot to add that i love mixing a clear rinse with my dc too!!
I bought a bottle about a month and a half ago(i think it was KISS) and its gone already!LOL!
I bought another one(different brand) yesterday,and it doesn't have the good stuff like KISS does,so we'll see!
I bought all my stuff to do it yesterday,but i forgot i promised my girl i'd braid her hir,and i'm losing my mind waiting to dc with my rinse!I swear i feel like a junkie right now!

natstar

Rave: I'm glad I trimmed my hair this past weekend. It was a quick decision (not planned) but after it was done I felt better about it. I did it on a stretched out braid out using Feye's trimming method. I don't mind layers but I don't want them to be really significant. I do miss the extra length (I cut about 1-1/2 to 2 inches) but I know it was for the best. My hair looks way better!

Rave: Loving Karishma Henna-can't wait to make another batch this weekend!

Rave/Rant: I wish I could wear buns constantly without a lot of wear and tear on my edges- but they are really fine soooo I am finding other cute and somewhat protective styles to alternate with the bun

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I can't wait till the weekend to do a protein treatment. I have to stop myself from doing it now! Love the feeling full thick strong hair after a protein treatment.
I need a retouch. Gotta wait til the week after next though
I miss washing my hair 2x a week. I really liked that:yep:

Rants
I wish I could find some Ayurveda products where I live. Why do I have to buy them online? They'll take forever to arrive. Why don't random beauty stores stock them? I'm going to have to walk around tomorrow until I find some because I must try them once.