Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

HanaKuroi

My answers are under your q's or statements :)

Are your twists with added hair? Twists with no hair added are even hard on my hair. I have to do mini-braids.

Nope. I've never added hair.

The very tips of my hair kept breaking until I started adding protein to my regimen.

Did that yesterday with AO's GPB, but my ends are not breaking off. It gets split and those splits must be super resilient because they don't break off easily. I don't use protein that often, just coconut oil and coconut milk 2 times a month. My hair is medium density but looks really thick. If I didn't search and destroy consistently, those crazy ends would probably hang around for a long time.

Maybe you need to trim instead of seek and destroy?

I know. I've managed to maintain a U cut from 3.5 years ago. my hair is growing in evenly and I am helping to maintain that. The funny part though, is that my retention is great. I just thought that by switching to all natural products I would dramatically reduce the splits that were happening. After almost 6 years of being natural, I should have known that splits happen to everybody no matter what you do to prevent them.

Do you use heat?

Nope. I haven't used heat on my head since January 2nd 2012. I've been finger detangling for a year now :) I also wash once a week, but will be trying to cowash at least 2-3 times a week. I don't get that many single strand knots anymore, just annoying splits - SPLIT(S) HAPPENS :)

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Haven't D/C in a few weeks which was how my hair problem started in the first place.

Currently D/Cing which ORS Hair Masque mixed with garlic conditioner and honey.

Not sure what I will air dry with...

Slowly using up my hair products so I can free up some space and focus on using just my favorite products and oils...

Been sick for a couple days and my Trich got a bit out of control last night because I'm stressed. Sigh.
My hair has been soooo soft with the aloe mint spritz and not overmoisturizing!!! I'm so happy! I have to thank Nonie for all the great advice!

I really wish miss Antoinette had a sale because it is so much that I would like to purchase :/

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

I'd say I've used up 1/4 of my Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab leave in already, and so far it's really nice. What confuses me is even though it makes my hair feel moist, my ends feel less dry, and my ng pops like crazy, my hair still has the look of frizz. Very weird :\

It could be because I'm abandoning my silk scarf for my satin pillowcase tonight. Wearing a scarf at night makes my new growth flat and matted. Also, no more buns/twists/braids to bed. Any textured styles make it harder to style in the AM. We'll see how the loose pony clipped to the top of my head fares.

Last edited:
Ok... so I got a sew in on may 29th and I plan on keeping it until July 1st. I need to get to my hair and give it all the love it needs. I plan on hennaeing -is that even a verb?- every two weeks after that to give a lot of strength to my hair. I want to get to bsl. I stopped thinking about buying another pair of sheers- though I know I'll probably need one by the end of this year- so yeah. I need to use my hair products, I need to be motivated, stay confident, stay focused. Focus, focus, FOCUS!
:happydance:

I'm making it a point to embrace looser, more feminine PS this summer. I am not spending any more time in a restricting, gelled-down, tight and harsh looking bun that jacks up my ends anyway (defeats the point of PSing!). Plus I need to learn how to rock something other than a bun anyway. I see loose chignons, braids, tendrils, Bantu knots & waves, French rolls, faux bobs, pretty accessories, and more in my future! :)

Trying to decide if I should do the Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor every wash or every other wash.

I'm leaning towards every other wash....

I gotta call maintenance and get them to unclog my tub :( lol

I have been slacking on my co washes for that reason. And I've tried almost everything to fix it myself. Ugh!

Its not a bad bad clog...but...the water covers my feet :( i don't like that.

#NaturalHairProllems

Random thoughts..

1. Flexi rods have a special place in my heart. I've improved my technique a lot. Even if I'm wearing my hair clipped up for work, a little curl/texture is nice to have.

2. Currently 2 months post & this stretch I'm going all or nothing. Either relaxing very soon or not until the Fall.

last night, I went to take shower, looked in the mirror and was ear length:nono:...ummm..I JUST made BSL so uh yeah, this was a
nightmare :spinning:

Last edited:
Been working out almost everyday and still I don't want to wash my hair,I'm being really naughty n.......nasty. *Hangs head in shame*

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

Hubby is out of town. You know what that means? A wicked hair party at my place tonight! :woohoo:

My hair is straight, but not "bone straight", but I have an inch of new growth already. My hair is somewhere between chin length and shoulder length (aka awkward length). I just wear it slicked back most of the time to cut down on flat ironing.

Also, I work out daily, so all of that sweating causes issues too.

Sorry it took me so long.

It is probably the awkward length. I work-out 4 days a week and I usually hide my NG in a bun with a brastrap, or a twist out. Perhaps finding a curly do that will hide the NG and complement your face at the same time.

Welp, today was the first in I don't know how many that water didn't hit my hair!

I need to use my njoy oil tonight.

I need to exercise as well.

I should jump on the treadmill and go to bed.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Slowly but surely I'm using up my small stash. When all is said and done, final length goal reached and products used up, I want to experiment with trying only one line at a time to keep things interesting. If something doesn't work, at that point it shouldn't be hard to finish it quickly on WL+ hair and go back to the staple. I'm already starting on this path of keeping it simple, grapeseed oil has pretty much taken over all my styling serums, which will only be used when wearing hair straight (rare lately)

I can't wait to DC on Friday. It's been about 3 months since I have done that and even though I don't think my hair needs it...I need to use up these dang deep conditioners.

sometimes i feel like being a member of forums like this is depressing. while i understand it's meant to be a space to learn, grow and support and that's great, it is hard not to feel bad/guilty when comparing your efforts and appearance to the appearance of others. Especially during the summer when everyone is half naked and letting their hair down. All these BSB lengths and beyond...I'd be happy just being SL at this point.

I never compared myself to others in the past and now it's all I'm doing and that's really tough. it's hard enough being in the Hair forums, I can't imagine being in the Health and Fitness forum all the time. The body inspiration pics are death for me lol.

I can't be alone in my thinking.

Also, I'm caving at 6 weeks and getting my relaxer on Friday.

naija24 please don't give loose your strength..

I know the fustration but you can fake it until you make it...

I will be the voice of reason and advise not to relax at 6wks:nono: go get some braids or a wig and rock it the hell outta them:drunk: !! you'll be close to your goal sooner than later if you take the right course and you'll have more setbacks if you start not giving a ####.

peace and blessings,
♥ your name btw.

sometimes i feel like being a member of forums like this is depressing. while i understand it's meant to be a space to learn, grow and support and that's great, it is hard not to feel bad/guilty when comparing your efforts and appearance to the appearance of others. Especially during the summer when everyone is half naked and letting their hair down. All these BSB lengths and beyond...I'd be happy just being SL at this point.

I never compared myself to others in the past and now it's all I'm doing and that's really tough. it's hard enough being in the Hair forums, I can't imagine being in the Health and Fitness forum all the time. The body inspiration pics are death for me lol.

naija24 are you in the DMV? If yea... We can be hair buddies.. Don't give up... You can get to whatever length you please...

I don't think I'll repurchase this Shea moisture leave in. Leaves my hair soft but, oddly enough, very frizzy. Conditioning my hair w/a ceramide DC right now to eliminate some of the frizz. Not sure if I should use it again or just toss it!

I'm starting to feel unenthusiastic about leave in conditioners. They're very fun to test out, but finding the *perfect* one is a little difficult! Even if my hair appears to like it, it's never for too long!

naija24 Girl please. Don't feel down on yourself. Most of that thread is other people who we aspire to be. It's inspiration. Everybody in there is trying and struggling too.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

Nope, weave will be coming out this Saturday or Sunday. I have a load of products to review. That additional three weeks would have been nice but its time.

Back