Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

yesterday I saw my girlfriend who had her hair natural for about ten years. she was surprised to see that I had cut off my hair and natural. I was surprised to see that HER hair was looking straight so I asked her if she relaxed her hair and she says "no I texturize it and from the time the hairdresser put the product in my hair I regretted it". smh

at what length were you ladies able to do a bun? Im about 3-4 inches from APL but i feel like my hair is still to dense and thick to even gather up in a ponytail

Maybe shoulder length, but stretching was a must; shrunken hair with my texture isn't bun friendly.

Pre-pooing has my hair feeling like itself again. I mean really and truly. To think I cut it out of my regimen due to pure dee laziness..

Doing a serious DC with coconut oil, a little honey, and two Organix deep conditioners mixed with Tresemmé Flawless Curls Conditioner. My hair has been getting super dry lately so I know that I need to do better. Hopefully, this will get my hair back on the right track.

My crown has this weird uncomfortable itch. :sad: Good thing there's no dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis acting up.

I don't know how I'm going to go another month without relaxing. It's been four weeks and my hair is so unmanageable already :(

Im at exactly 9 weeks and I still have 7 more to go.

Exactly what is the problem? Are you bone straight or texlaxed? What kind of styles are you doing to go on with the stretch?

Soooooo done with biotin, I've tried taking it more than once but it always makes me breakout in itchy red bumps. Yuck. Skin > Hair > Nails.

Im at exactly 9 weeks and I still have 7 more to go.

Exactly what is the problem? Are you bone straight or texlaxed? What kind of styles are you doing to go on with the stretch?

My hair is straight, but not "bone straight", but I have an inch of new growth already. My hair is somewhere between chin length and shoulder length (aka awkward length). I just wear it slicked back most of the time to cut down on flat ironing.

Also, I work out daily, so all of that sweating causes issues too.

baggying my ends with coconut oil. They always look dry, no matter how shiny the rest of my hair looks

Last edited:
I dont think i will relax my hair ever again. Bkting on the other hand is a different story :look:

Napp I'm kinda wishing I had gone the BKT route when I was nearly one year post. I don't ever see myself being that far post relaxer again to change methods :look:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

kupenda said:
Trying to resist the urge to place an order with Oyin...

I do believe they have a sale for the month of June.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

My crown still feels super tender this morning but no flakes. Next time I'm just going to avoid attacking the area because now it feels worse.

There is a part of me that wants to go back to washing my hair twice a week but I haven't decided if that is what I want to. But I want to incorporate hot oil treatments again with amla oil.

Thinking about joining the APL challenge. Haven't done a challenge in a minute.
I'm almost 19 months post and my hair is collar bone length. I truly believe I can make APL by December.

Giving twists a break for the summer and trying out cowashing and bunning :)

I've been using twists for so long as a protective styling. My twists always look the same. I still get the same type of splits. I use all natural products.

I'm really beginning to believe that natural/synthetic products have absolutely nothing to do with your hair splitting/not splitting.

I need to look into my protein moisture balance a little more thoroughly. I search and destroy constantly with hair shears. I'm gonna see how my hair fares for the next month with this process :)

Last edited:
I decided not to texlax my new growth. I've gone 14 month without a touch up I might as well just go back to natural. Plus, my texlaxed hair feels like straw when it get's dry and it makes my soul cry. And now that I know how to flat iron my natural hair straight and keep it that way for two weeks there's no point in texlaxing.

I also had the best hair washing last night. I bought Organix Awaphui Ginger and diluted it to wash; my hair loved it. I also used my Hair One cleansing conditioner for dry hair as a deep conditioner after shampooing. My comb glided through my hair, I don't know why I stopped using it.

Forever in Bloom said:
Giving twists a break for the summer and trying out cowashing and bunning :)

I've been using twists for so long as a protective styling. My twists always look the same. I still get the same type of splits. I use all natural products.

I'm really beginning to believe that natural/synthetic products have absolutely nothing to do with your hair splitting/not splitting.

I need to look into my protein moisture balance a little more thoroughly. I search and destroy constantly with hair shears. I'm gonna see how my hair fares for the next month with this process :)

Are your twists with added hair? Twists with no hair added are even hard on my hair. I have to do mini-braids.

The very tips of my hair kept breaking until I started adding protein to my regimen.

Maybe you need to trim instead of seek and destroy?

Do you use heat?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Last edited:
Took out my braids instead of completely transitioning them to twists & it took nearly twice as long to take them out as it did to put them in...SMH !!!!

& to add insult to injury my vitacost shipment is running behind way behind schedule && may not arrive until next week.

I wonder if I have enough AOHSR to dc before it comes.

I want to flat iron my hair but it's raining everyday...in hot n humid Florida :ohwell:. And I'm also going to Jamaica a few days later...it's raining there too :spinning:.

:sad:
:sad:

I should probably not even waste my time with this very porous 4a/b hair atop my head :sad:.

UGH...off to search to see if there is ANYTHING I can do that will give my hair a fighting chance with all this damn moisture in the air. **loooong sigh**

Last edited:
Back