Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

AlliCat

That co-wash did my flexi rod set some good. My hair feels soo soft and I've been getting quite a few compliments :) I finally have my hair care and styling regimen down pat, so now I'm actually excited about the hair journey again. Now if only my hair was at my goal length already lol.

For some reason a 6 month stretch keeps playing around in my mind. Maybe I should try one... the longest I went was for 4 months and that really did a huge improvement in the thickness of my hair not to mention the other benefits of stretching. I'm currently only 6 weeks post so I would have a long way to go, 6 months would put my relaxer somewhere around oct/nov. Just in time for my birthday.

LifeafterLHCF

I'm a bit scared. I want long hair or semi long but I have had to keep trimming my ends. My ends still feel like crap and I have trimmed alot. I still see broken hairs when I touch my ends. Maybe I don't know how to baby my hair therefore I'm causing breakage. Maybe I should't use a paddle brush while my hair is wet? I'm not sure. I just want the breakage to be gone and my hair florish and become thicker.

HanaKuroi

GoddessMaker said:
I'm a bit scared. I want long hair or semi long but I have had to keep trimming my ends. My ends still feel like crap and I have trimmed alot. I still see broken hairs when I touch my ends. Maybe I don't know how to baby my hair therefore I'm causing breakage. Maybe I should't use a paddle brush while my hair is wet? I'm not sure. I just want the breakage to be gone and my hair florish and become thicker.

Do not use that paddle brush.

We were just posting about it the other day.

The thread is somewhere. I am on my phone and it is hard to find stuff.

Get some good seamless combs and finger detangle.

I think the thread was titled I think this paddle brush is killing my hair.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Royalq

so i shampooed yesterday with ORS creamy aloe and CON detangling shampoo. Only .5 of an ounce of both and 7 ounces of water. Man, sulfates aint no joke! even with that much dilution it still managed to dry my hair and make it extra squeaky. I only shampooed because my scalp was oily, so i only applied it to my scalp. But even the run of while rinsing was enough to dry out the length of my hair.

HanaKuroi

Royalq said:
so i shampooed yesterday with ORS creamy aloe and CON detangling shampoo. Only .5 of an ounce of both and 7 ounces of water. Man, sulfates aint no joke! even with that much dilution it still managed to dry my hair and make it extra squeaky. I only shampooed because my scalp was oily, so i only applied it to my scalp. But even the run of while rinsing was enough to dry out the length of my hair.

Someone told me to put coconut oil and conditioner on my length when shampooing my scalp. When you rinse it has less of a drying effect on the length of you hair.

myronnie

I had a dream last night about my old waist-length relaxed hair...I used to catch it underneath my arm it was so long.. *sigh*

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Only 3 more months until I chop off my relaxed ends ... for the second time.

Will I make it that far is the question.

LifeafterLHCF

I think I was a bit too heavy handed with oil last night. My hair is a grease slick. I guess I will do a quick cowash so I can style my hair better tomorrow.

kennylee2013

last week I saw my sis who has a TWA. Just by looking at it I saw it was over processed. she told me she is putting in a texturizer. it felt veeery cottony and looked very unhealthy.

TwoSnapsUp

I'm so glad I can finally use coconut oil again without my hair getting hard as soon as I leave the house.

I told myself that when I fix my drainage problem I wasn't washing/cowashing my hair at home anymore. Well drain is fixed, and yes, I washed tonight. Couldn't help it. I have too many products that I need to use up.

RoundEyedGirl504

I am gonna co wash tomorrow with the deva curl. I think the stylist used too much product when I got my cut. I was looking Stoney Jackson and my hair feels coated.

DivineNapps1728

I used to always say I wanted a puff bigger than my head & hair long enough to slap people in the face with when I swung it :)look:), but closing my puff in the door a few weeks ago has me rethinking some things.

I don't want hair that's more of a hassle than it is enjoyable

naija24

A 14 year old black boy whose one of our work mentees just walked into our office. his natural afro puff is flawless. best hair I've ever seen. He's at least, AT LEAST, TBL easily.

Royalq

at what length were you ladies able to do a bun? Im about 3-4 inches from APL but i feel like my hair is still to dense and thick to even gather up in a ponytail

Aireen

I always look forward to wash days where I'm trying out new products. I think that's what contributed to my PJism lol
Lol, that's one of the reasons I want super long hair, so that I use up more product and it'll balance out my PJism. Or at least I think it will lol.

Last edited:

MizzBFly

Since my relaxer and flat iron debacle that produced "touchy fingers" I can't keep my hand out of my hair, I don't want to wash but I know I need to DC. My hair feels so good though:ohwell:

Can I go two weeks after my relaxer without a wash?:nono: my brain says "don't do it gal"( my thoughts have a serious west indian accent) but dammit my hair feels delicious:lick:

AlliCat

Lol, that's one of the reasons I want super long hair, so that I use up more product and it'll balance out my PJism. Or at least I think it will lol.

Aireen lol so true. I can use an 8oz jar of DC in 2 sessions. I like the idea of using an entire jar per DC, although my bank account won't :spinning:

HanaKuroi

MizzBFly said:
Since my relaxer and flat iron debacle that produced "touchy fingers" I can't keep my hand out of my hair, I don't want to wash but I know I need to DC. My hair feels so good though:ohwell:

Can I go two weeks after my relaxer without a wash?:nono: my brain says "don't do it gal"( my thoughts have a serious west indian accent) but dammit my hair feels delicious:lick:

Your thoughts having a serious west Indian accent cracks me up. I can almost hear it.

Aireen

@Aireen lol so true. I can use an 8oz jar of DC in 2 sessions. I like the idea of using an entire jar per DC, although my bank account won't :spinning:
Aw nice, I have fine strands so I think it takes me a bit longer to use up stuff. I dream of the day that it'll take me 1 use to use up an 8oz product and maybe 2 uses to use up a 16oz bottle.

Last edited:

AmiJay

I'm sick of wearing wigs so I took my cornrows out and did an oil pre poo with amla powder and grapeseed oil overnight. When I woke up, my hair felt really nice and soft so I decided to put off washing and put it in a banana clip. While I was out this guy was staring me down but I ignored him. He turned around when I walked by but I had my ninja please stank attitude on. A little later I reached back to scratch my lower neck/upper back and it was oily from my hair rubbing on it! I know he was like WTF? Does she have a curl? :lachen:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!

I do it all the time. ;)

ckisland

Things I need to get off my chest:

The more I actually try to style my hair, the more I dislike it. And at this point, I kinda hate my hair right now.

Most of the time I'm proud of my length, but a lot of the time, I'm embarrassed about how much longer it should be.

I get pissed off when I feel that I have to twist or braid my hair (or wear it in twists or braids). I've tried to get over it and accept it as a part of taking care of black hair. I just can't.

I know that relaxing my hair would make it so much easier to take care of and style. I'm also pretty sure that if I had learned how to take care of my relax hair instead of going natural, my hair would have reached the length I want. I don't relax because I'm fundamentally against altering or changing my natural features to that extreme. I love my hair but I only love 1/3 of my texture/ curl pattern. I know that I would still love my hair as a relaxed head, but I would miss being apart of the natural hair community too much :sad:.