Question for Herbal Essense LTR leave in users

soon2bsl

Hi ladies, I'm a newbie here and have now pretty much have figured out what products work best for my hair. I've been using NTM silk touch leave in as my daily moisturizer and it's been working great. I did recently pick up a bottle of Herbal Essense LTR leave in as reading great reivews from this board.

My problem with LTR is that whenever I use it, it makes my hair hard. I know it has protein in it, so I'm wondering could that be the reason for it being hard? However when I used my NTM daily and seal with coconut oil my hair is always so soft. I'm going to continue using NTM because that' what works, but wanted to occiasionally use LTR to have a moisturizer that contains protein.

Any idea why my hair always feels hard after using LTR? TIA.

Hmmm, I'm not sure b/c I believe it's a moisturizing leave in... but it's a good idea to stick w/ what's working for you

I am having a similar problem with HE LTR leave in but I think I may be a bit heavy handed with it...so maybe you are using too much...IDK?

HTH.

Hi Soon2BSL - Welcome to the board!

I use NTM and LTR Leave In as well. NTM is my daily moisturizer and I use LTR Leave in on my ends. I have not had a problem with the LTR LI and I use it every day. Since my hair is shoulder length, I do not use a lot - I use about a nickel sized amount and it is only used on the ends. I seal all my hair with jojoba oil and I use castor oil over the jojoba on my hairline, temples, and my ends. When I get up in the morning, my ends are soft. I agree with FutureSCBride that you might be using too much and you may want to reduce the amount you are using.

Thanks for the welcome and for the replies. I really only use about a nickel size as well and rub it over my hair, so I don't think I'm using to much. It could be the cones as someone else mentioned. I may try just using it on my ends and see how my hair feels afterward. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome and for the replies. I really only use about a nickel size as well and rub it over my hair, so I don't think I'm using to much. It could be the cones as someone else mentioned. I may try just using it on my ends and see how my hair feels afterward. Thanks again!

You are so welcome! Make sure you keep us updated, okay?

Hi ladies, I'm a newbie here and have now pretty much have figured out what products work best for my hair. I've been using NTM silk touch leave in as my daily moisturizer and it's been working great. I did recently pick up a bottle of Herbal Essense LTR leave in as reading great reivews from this board.

My problem with LTR is that whenever I use it, it makes my hair hard. I know it has protein in it, so I'm wondering could that be the reason for it being hard? However when I used my NTM daily and seal with coconut oil my hair is always so soft. I'm going to continue using NTM because that' what works, but wanted to occiasionally use LTR to have a moisturizer that contains protein.

Any idea why my hair always feels hard after using LTR? TIA.

any updates?

Sharifeh, thanks for checking...I actually tried it again a few nights ago, on my ends only and it actually worked great. My ends felt soft. (Thanks again Americka for suggesting to use it on the ends). I haven't tried it on the length of my hair again, (still use NTM as my daily moisturizer). I think I'll keep using this on my ends occaisonally as long as it seems to keep working well on my hair. Are you still having the problem with it making your hair feel hard?

Back