QOD Max Organix Gave Me Relaxer Straight Hair

growinghealthyhair

You have to stay away from sulphates after you bkt. Otherwise, it causes the bkt to wear off sooner than the 3/4 month period. Salt + my clarifying shampoo would help strip the bkt off my hair.

OIC. That make sense. Well i'm sure it's way too late for me lol. I had mine did over a year ago. I've been clipping it out a little bit at a time.

Rain20

I think it works better on colored hair since dyed hair is more porous. From the pics, it seems as if you have color on the ends of your hair.

Lilmama1011

ChasingBliss said:
What is this you speak of? Is this something new? Something that can straighten hair without relaxing it? I am so lost in this game.

I'm sorry about your disappointment though.

I'm lost too, never heard of this and I'm pretty sure relaxers would love to hear about this but I love her curl too and if she wants her hair back curly I want it back curly too :(

TokyoReina

Your hair is pretty! I hope it reverts back. I'm heavily contemplating trying a BKT treatment during my transition but it seems there's no guarantee when it comes to what kind of results I'd get.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm sorry this happened to you and your gorgeous hair. I hope it reverts and your texture isn't too worse for wear.:ohwell: Your hair almost looks like my texlaxed hair. BKTs are risky and results are tricky, in my opinion.:nono:

Dove56

I'm sorry this happened to you and your gorgeous hair. I hope it reverts and your texture isn't too worse for wear.:ohwell: Your hair almost looks like my texlaxed hair. BKTs are risky and results are tricky, in my opinion.:nono:

I have to agree. It takes a lot of trial and error to get the right results. Kera luxe Safe Keratin Treatment has an express service to eliminate frizz and no flatiron is used for the service only the blow dryer than you rinse.

I might just stay away from keratin altogether and just use John Frieda 3 day straight spray when I get the urge to flatiron. This spray is great for rollersets too No more keratin or flatirons will touch my hair this year.

Last edited:

Dove56

Your hair is pretty! I hope it reverts back. I'm heavily contemplating trying a BKT treatment during my transition but it seems there's no guarantee when it comes to what kind of results I'd get.

Try John Frieda 3 day straight flatiron spray or Sabino Moisture Block before you try keratin. Sabino was discontinued a few years ago (they brought the original formula back a few months ago) which is why I got keratin in the first place for humidity blockage.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Dove56 said:
Try John Frieda 3 day straight flatiron spray or Sabino Moisture Block before you try keratin. Sabino was discontinued a few years ago (they brought the original formula back a few months ago) which is why I got keratin in the first place for humidity blockage.

Yeah, Sabino works great, I can get at least 2 weeks of straight hair using it to flat-iron. Probably would last longer than that but I get bored after two weeks n want my curls/coils back :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Ediese

I think it works better on colored hair since dyed hair is more porous. From the pics, it seems as if you have color on the ends of your hair.

The color actually came from my first BKT treatment. I never dyed it that color.

Thanks ladies! Will let you know what happens.

Ediese

I thought BKT was the reason you mini chopped last time...what made you try it again?

It wasn't the only reason, and it wasnt really the bkt. The last time I had a lot of breakage when I bkt'd because I stopped moisturizing. I figured this time would be better because I wouldn't be lazy with my hair maintenance.

I'm okay now though. I'm enjoying the ease of taking care of my hair. I never wear my hair out curly, so I'm not missing out on anything. When I get tired of this, I'll just transition again. The best part of this is I know what my natural texture looks like, and how long my hair can be so i can afford to be experimental at this point. Years ago, I think I'd cry if something happened to my hair. :lol:

Dove56

It wasn't the only reason, and it wasnt really the bkt. The last time I had a lot of breakage when I bkt'd because I stopped moisturizing. I figured this time would be better because I wouldn't be lazy with my hair maintenance.

I'm okay now though. I'm enjoying the ease of taking care of my hair. I never wear my hair out curly, so I'm not missing out on anything. When I get tired of this, I'll just transition again. The best part of this is I know what my natural texture looks like, and how long my hair can be so i can afford to be experimental at this point. Years ago, I think I'd cry if something happened to my hair. :lol:

Yes, I've been on so many roller coasters with my hair I just roll with it now...lol. I'm glad you aren't taking it hard and I'm glad you didn't really wear your curly hair out. Pick up some Sabino Moisture Block and watch this video and enjoy!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeygBFOjF-Y

ManeStreet

You should wash with a sulfate clarifying shampoo before you get too concerned. I did the same treatment with 2 passes and my hair laughed at it. It was no difference.

So the second time I did the treatment, I did 5 passes I think. And less passes on my ends. I also naturally had 3b at my crown my hair just grows that way so I did less passes in that area. But I am still very curly. Went from 4a/3c to 3c/3b.

My hair is nowhere near bone straight. I did notice at my last wash that the areas that were previously 4a are starting to get curlier so maybe thats a good sign.

maybe you should wash your hair like 3 times in a row with clarifying shampoo and see what happens. But as long as you are only using a sulphate free shampoo it wont wash out the treatment.

biancaelyse

Ediese - you mentioned that the color on your hair was from a previous BKT. Is it possible that the ends are staigt now because of the extra passes of heat plus the previous BKT?

It is really important IMO to do strand tests andd to start conservatively when coloring/BKTing/relaxing/texlaxing to see how that particular product will work on your hair as opposed to someone else's

I think that you are taking it all in stride and I'm pretty sure that if you wash every couple of days with a sulfate poo, your hair will revert to something much closer to your natural texture.

ManeStreet

I loved my QOD, I've been getting roller sets since I had it. Well the weather warmed up so I decided to wash it out so I could wear my natural hair and I had no problems. I washed 4 times in a row with suave daily clarifying shampoo then I deep conditioned and my natural hair curl pattern is back. When I was washing it I smell the QOD washing out. After the 3rd wash I could see my hair getting curlier. I'm very happy I will definately do it again in the future.

Love Always

Sorry to hear that :(. It sounds like the treatmet is sticking to your hair, what do you plan on doing...how do you feel?

Nope. It's not as straight as it was originally, but my curls haven't come back yet. The roots are really curly though.

Ediese

Sorry to hear that :(. It sounds like the treatmet is sticking to your hair, what do you plan on doing...how do you feel?

Thanks! I'm okay with it though. I've been wearing it straight for a bit or doing roller sets, and I'm really enjoying it.

Raspberry

Thanks! I'm okay with it though. I've been wearing it straight for a bit or doing roller sets, and I'm really enjoying it.

So... can you post more pics :giggle: I know your results were a shock and very unexpected but I bet your hair looks amazing :)

Ediese

@Ediese bumping to see how your hair is doing.

Thanks for checking! I've been experiencing a lot of shedding lately, and I'm not sure if it has something to do with the BKT. I'll try to post some pictures this week. The texture has come back to my hair, but it's not as coarse. About 4 inches from the bottom is still really straight though. It reminds me of when I was transitioning.

JazziLady!

Ediese said:
Thanks for checking! I've been experiencing a lot of shedding lately, and I'm not sure if it has something to do with the BKT. I'll try to post some pictures this week. The texture has come back to my hair, but it's not as coarse. About 4 inches from the bottom is still really straight though. It reminds me of when I was transitioning.

How are things with the breakage and reversion? You have such beautiful hair!