"Protective Stylin" for the last 3 months CHALLENGE!

I haven't checked in in a long time, but I've been protectively styling every day with buns, and so far, so good. I flatironed and did a length check last week at 12 weeks post, and I think I've retained most of my length. I had to trim some off though, because my ends were starting to look scraggly. Probably because of my donut buns, which I've stopped doing.

I also have two heat passes left over. I'm going to try really hard not to use them, since my stretch is winding down, and I need my hair to be in optimal condition when I relax.

Checkin' in- Still bunning but I'm getting very bored with it. Thinking about putting some braids/twists in.:ohwell:

Still wiggin it as well ladies.. I just put 6 cornrows in as well, under my wig, I have to do something, its like I need to touch my hair daily, so hopefully the braids will keep my hands out! Hang in there!! 2 months down 1 to go!

Since I've cut my hair I have been keeping my hair in large twists and covering it with berets. I'm scared that the wind is going to blow and I'll wind up embarrassing myself lol.

Still loving my sew in; I flat ironed my leave out hair last time I washed over a week ago. Only problem is, I don't think I'll be ready to take it out at the beginning of the year :ohwell:

I'm still protective styling (If scarves count, lol), but my hair is now shorter. I went from apl to neck length (almost shoulder length stretched) because I did the bc.

i havent been checking in but i have been ps'ing. what i have been doing is braiding/twisting my hair every sunday. i then take the braids/twists out that next friday, saturday or sunday depending on what i have planned. i have been pre pooing, pooing, deep conditioning and then rebraiding and i swear everytime i do my hair it seems longer. this week i have started pinning the braids up to make sure my ends are out of the way. my hair isnt that long but i dont want the back rubbing against my shirts and things.

^ I think there will be a first three months challenge.

Still wigging it up. We have less than a month ladies!

Just checkin in again...I have my hair in senegalese twist right now only in for a week and I want them OUUUUT! I miss my hair but will hang in for another 2 weeks.

Still half-wigging it!

I'll probably be straightening my hair in the next week or so. Not anticipating much of a gain in length, since the relaxed ends bear the brunt of my detangling sessions:look: and I'm overdue for a trim.

checking in - still wigging. but my hair is much more healthier now and I've been natural for 2 months and relaxed free for 6 mos.

Well I switched the straight weave in for a kinky one. It is my lifes mission to leave this one in till the end of this challenge lol. Lets see if I can do it! Another 3 weeks in the same style shouldnt kill me right?

Oh and when I did the switch I did a wash and DC with the foundation still braided in a circle. Still doing my daily spritz of diluted Aphogee provitamin leave in and every 3 days or so I lightly oil my scalp.

I flat twist the hair that left out with Aphogee green tea/keratin mist and seal with argan oil at the begining of each week. I spritz nightly with the provitamin spray and retwist. I wash and repeat this weekly.

Update!!! So I failed from my last update! I could not keep it in till the end of the challenge The weave had to go cuz I missed my scalp!!! but I am bunning till the end :)

But I looked back and I did good over all I initially installed the weave 11/14 and I took it out 11/13 thats a whole 4 weeks which is good for me.... by week three Im dying for a change of style.

I never notice how often I change looks, this challenge was an eye opener.

Now I under stand why ppl alway say "Your hair is different every time I see you"
lol cuz it really is hahaha.

I'm still going strong with bunning!

I had another special event to attend... so I blow dried my hair on cool. Then used caruso rollers. I am so happy I didn't cave and flat iron. The results were nice too. I'm now back to bunning.

I haven't checked in but I am still PSing. I'm wearing a french braid now until Thursday when I get a trim. After that I may wear my hair for a little while and then put it back up.

This weekend I finally take out this braid that i've had in for what will be 11 weeks. OMG. I cant wait to see where I'm at now. Then it's going in a half wig till the new years.

Only a few more days ladies. I get my relaxer this Saturday and that will end the challenge for me. :) Its been fun and soooo beneficial to my hair.

I don't think that I've checked in in about 2 weeks, but I've been PSing. Currently rocking a fresh set of twists. Can't wait for my new wig to come in!! I'm going strong and will probably continue for 3 more months. Haven't used any heat and am trying to avoid doing any length checks until April.

I've decided to extend this challenge throughout the next year. I should get a lot of growth, provided that I take care of my hair properly. Properly, phynestone.

Back